What did you do to your other motorcycle today ?

Decided to add a 2003 Goldwing with 34k mi. to the stable! Found it on CL and rode it home yesterday.

I had my eye on the listing at the beginning of the weekend, and the seller dropped the price by a grand on Sunday evening. I was in the area and decided a road trip with my Pops was in order. After checking it out, I pulled the trigger. From the Grapevine to Frazier, out to the coast and back to the middle of Ventura Co, I’m averaging 38.7 mpg.

I’m impressed by the function, performance and quality of this bike. The GW hype is well earned in my book. After work, I spent this evening changing fluids as an introduction to refreshing the maintenance, as I do to every new to me bike.

There are many cosmetic flaws that I will address once I’m satisfied with the mechanical status of the new road warrior. She is a driver more than a looker.

View attachment 1687716Glad to see there are fellow Wingers in our Busa family for me to take pointers from.
Another Wing owner has been born. That makes 3 of us so far here. We get to annoy folks that have to listen to us enjoy these tanks.

Welcome.

Decided to add a 2003 Goldwing with 34k mi. to the stable! Found it on CL and rode it home yesterday.

I had my eye on the listing at the beginning of the weekend, and the seller dropped the price by a grand on Sunday evening. I was in the area and decided a road trip with my Pops was in order. After checking it out, I pulled the trigger. From the Grapevine to Frazier, out to the coast and back to the middle of Ventura Co, I’m averaging 38.7 mpg.

I’m impressed by the function, performance and quality of this bike. The GW hype is well earned in my book. After work, I spent this evening changing fluids as an introduction to refreshing the maintenance, as I do to every new to me bike.

There are many cosmetic flaws that I will address once I’m satisfied with the mechanical status of the new road warrior. She is a driver more than a looker.

View attachment 1687716Glad to see there are fellow Wingers in our Busa family for me to take pointers from.

Congrats, and that black looks really good.
These old tanks are alot of fun to cruise on.
Those adjustable air deflectors under the mirrors are a great mod too.

The crazy buggers , sure are pulling some pretty spectacular wheelies ....and there is lots doing them on youtube to view . I notice the twin mufflers come in handy for makeshift wheelie bars . If you ,( @sixpack577 ) found a set of ti mufflers for your wing , you could put on a spectacular sparking stunt show , and even offer two up armchair wheelie rides for a small fee ....lmao

There seems to be a building trend here for Goldwings. Congrats! Like others have said, great color choice! What options did this one come with?

Back