Who Rode Today?

Hi. More work done today. We only need to finish the top of the walls the last boards and the door.

View attachment 1687250

View attachment 1687253

View attachment 1687254
Hi. So we now have it working as a tack room. We do have to finish it do some trim and seal it to keep out most of the dust. If we seal it would we have to put in a roof vent? I am not sure about that. So we will now take a few weeks off and go riding!!!!!!!
There is still a lot of work to do in the barn.

Hi. So we now have it working as a tack room. We do have to finish it do some trim and seal it to keep out most of the dust. If we seal it would we have to put in a roof vent? I am not sure about that. So we will now take a few weeks off and go riding!!!!!!!
I'd be putting in a roof vent or it will get pretty hot in there which will wreak havoc on your leather tack....

Well its beautiful 64 deg. Perfect for the ride into work. 40 miles of 69mph on the highway and my tunes going. Then a little back road action for a mile.

thumbnail_IMG_1218.jpg

Well its beautiful 64 deg. Perfect for the ride into work. 40 miles of 69mph on the highway and my tunes going. Then a little back road action for a mile.

View attachment 1687259

Waitin for the bus...that's a classic Harley tune...it beats walking
lmao
Sorry Sarge, couldn't pass that one up...but glad to see you're getting good riding weather, and that's a nice to cruise to work
(love ZZTop too)

Hi. I did not say this my daughter got bit by one her horses Sunday.

20240908_115130.jpg

Rode the '18 Gsxr1k tonight, and took my stepson for his first ride on it, 25 miles (he's only ridden on my Concours and Goldwing so far), and I don't know whose smile after was bigger, his or mine, lol.
I gave it a few hard pulls, half throttle in 2nd and 3rd, enough to make the front end light...but nowhere near enough to comprehend what a modded 1k will really do, and other than a turbo, this bike is at the top of the food chain, lol, he loved it...even better than the Goldwing...imagine that.
I forgot how much I missed riding it too, as it's been a while...woke up the hoon in me...

20240909_190444.jpg

Gold Wings are everywhere these days....I haven't seen so many in all the years I've lived here....

Just this morning I was talking to a guy with a '94 'Wing at a store he has had since new and he has something like 250,000 kms on it ........he's been all over North America without a problem......he follows the maintenance schedule and the bike looks great....

He pulls a trailer normally as his wife likes comfort...I asked him if he sometimes thinks about getting a new one but he says this one is just getting broken in......

Gold Wings are everywhere these days....I haven't seen so many in all the years I've lived here....

Just this morning I was talking to a guy with a '94 'Wing at a store he has had since new and he has something like 250,000 kms on it ........he's been all over North America without a problem......he follows the maintenance schedule and the bike looks great....

He pulls a trailer normally as his wife likes comfort...I asked him if he sometimes thinks about getting a new one but he says this one is just getting broken in......
He is driving what we call the King Wings. They were bigger in seating space, storage, and ride comfort. Sadly when Honda "upgraded", it went with a bigger, better engine tech and downsized the above mentioned parts.

In my opinion, this is where Honda made a mistake. The "Sport Touring" bikes, aka the Hayabusa, were seen as threat to them, so this was the beginning of the Wing downsize.

The Wing while still great, are not that era. Nor probably ever will be again

I know many of that era bike, still going strong. But Honda purposely doesn't stock any parts for them.

The drivetrain aren't the parts problem. It's the cosmetic parts that are the killer. Lose a side panel at 80, and you'll be lucky to find one.

I used to see them all over for years, but mainly on the highways, many with out of state plates, and if they were at a gas station or restaraunt, grandpa was riding it.
I think now that the used prices have fallen to realistic and affordable range, alot of us aging sport and sport touring riders have come to apprecaite just how versitile they are.
I still want a sportbike, but an Oldwing sure makes for a nice second bike.
I was also shocked at how Tiny the Gsxr1k felt the other day, after my first ride on it in a few months(because of our heatwave summer), and several hundred miles on my GW recently before hand.
I took my wife for her first ride on the GW since the full Traxxion suspension upgrade, and she loved the difference, at just how smooth the bike rides now.
These really are excellent all day rides, that when you get off, you feel like you just got up from your recliner, lol

It's a beautiful day here so I took the Bumblebitch out for a ride down the back country roads...on my way back I noticed a set of bright HID (most likely) coming fast up behind me...I was riding pretty slow just above the speed limit...there was all kinds of room to pass me but this all black, lowered tuner car just sat there behind me most likely trying to push me into running him....

I almost dropped to third and pinned the thing but decided to go another route and annoy this person....by the time he got fed up with me, we were into more traffic and he was unable to pass.....I saw him hit his steering wheel a couple times....

We went like this until I got closer to home and there are a couple back roads I take to get to my subdivision....I turned left and not surprisingly the car turned too so I gave the 'ol bike the beans disappeared on him......I made a right down another back road about 5 kms long that goes to my subdivision and when I looked over at the road I just came from, I could see him working hard at trying to catch me....which he didn't.....I had to be a little naughty out there after all.....

Not today, but returned earlier this week from a 1400 miler. 700 of it in hard rains. Bike did great. I found a leak in one of my boots. So they get a tune up at the cobblers this week.

I'd love to find an app that you can call up on your nav system that overlays weather on the roads you are on. Instead of having to stop and look at what's coming weatherwise.

Back