Bridgestone BT-016 // My Experience

How is the rear holding up so far,, i have sold about 6 sets lately, and from the feedback i have heard, there good!

I meet one of the reps fro Bridgestone, and im going to forward this info to him!
I think you may have a defective tire there!
Ill shot you my number call me later in the week!

I'm taking a BattleAx BT002 off my bike now. I bought this from a guy that road races and he swore by it. Its one of the Road Race versions with the soft edges like the Michelin Power Race versions. But, it sucks on my bike. I did what looked like a Pro-Stock burnout,dry hoprd it and it still spun all the way pass the 330ft mark. I have a 1441cc race engine,69inches with a slider clutch. I'm going back to a Shinko 008 Slick, with the slick I never had this problem. These tires arent good for nothing:banghead:

I don't think the BT002 was designed for drag racing. I have a good source that swears by them for road racing. Two completely different requirements.

How is the rear holding up so far,, i have sold about 6 sets lately, and from the feedback i have heard, there good!

I meet one of the reps fro Bridgestone, and im going to forward this info to him!

Hey, John...got your number; I'll ring you a little later today. :beerchug:

I'm taking a BattleAx BT002 off my bike now. These tires arent good for nothing:banghead:

We raced on the BT002 for two seasons and found them to be excellent tires.

Bridgestone makes a wide variety of tires and every one I have been on performed extremely well! :thumbsup:

We raced on the BT002 for two seasons and found them to be excellent tires.

Bridgestone makes a wide variety of tires and every one I have been on performed extremely well! :thumbsup:

He took a road race tire and went to the DRAG strip :banghead::banghead::banghead:

:lol:

Just as bad as somebody expecting "sport touring" tire performance out of a "high performance" sport tire :rulez:

SCAR and GIXERHP please keep us updated on this, i was looking at buying a set of these tires this weekend. now im not sure. thanks in advance :beerchug:

The rear is faring much better than the front...IA2YQ. :beerchug:

Looking at the cupping on the tyre tread i'd say your shock rebound is out?

I'm having it looked at today as they replace the rubber. Thanks for the 'eye'; I'll post up here the findings. Another reason for 'cupping' is the suspension set-up, which I've had set on this bike, but will have to consider having re-set.

:beerchug:

SCAR and GIXERHP please keep us updated on this, i was looking at buying a set of these tires this weekend. now im not sure. thanks in advance :beerchug:

If you have your eye on Bridgestone's incredible BTO16, buy them! You won't be sorry.

The BT016 has become an incredibly popular tire. They are very popular at the track with guys who run the same tire for street & track. In the hands of a skilled rider, this tire will produce lap times within three seconds of race pace. They are not a long life tire. Instead, they are a high performance tire.

Set your suspension properly, heat them up a bit and drag your foot pegs all day long. This tire will leave you with a huge smile on your face :thumbsup:

Just don't run them 500 miles after the tread is gone! When they reach the ware bars the tire is short lived! :beerchug:

I've got a set of '016's on mine, with about 200 miles on them. So far I love the profile as it seems to give a very neutral feel but I'll keep an eye out how they wear. Thanks for the heads up, Scar and Tufbusa :beerchug:

Keep in mind that there are a number of variations of BT016 for the same size. Just look at the chart from bridgestone. You have to scroll the inner window to see the entire table.

Note specifically that the tread depth is sometimes different, and probably other things as well. So, when shopping for a tire, try to look it up by the manufacture's number. More often than not, you will find that a tire with greater tread depth is a bit more expensive.

So, to be consistent, stick with the exact manuf. number.

Some website show the manuf.# (like Motorcycle Accessory Warehouse Home Page), others don't.

IG. I think what you are referring to is the OE Code which is stamped into the sidewall referring to Original Equipment tire on specific bikes?

This is NOT a good read! The 016 is what I have on Imelda, and I rider with Scar and crew as often as possible. That and Scar and I were bragging about the 016 when Lamb went down. This is not good, not good at all.

This is NOT a good read! The 016 is what I have on Imelda, and I rider with Scar and crew as often as possible. That and Scar and I were bragging about the 016 when Lamb went down. This is not good, not good at all.
I really do not see anything to be alarmed about myself.. The original post might come off as a bit "alarmist" but that was because he was under a false impression about the type of tire he was running..

Scar put on a tire thinking it was a "Touring" type tire and it was in fact exactly opposite of that. Tire got extremely thin and proceeded to separate the tread from the carcass when there was nothing left (Dunlop and Michelin's do the exact same thing to varying degrees, I have done both..ooops)

Also note the condition of the front tire.. I would bet there are few people here that can melt the tread off a front tire on the street here... :) that thing looks like it just came off the race track..

The BT016 is a great "Sport" tire and in my limited experience, on par with the Corsa3 that is $100 a set more.. Gotta say that Scar did an admirable job of "wearing" them out... :rofl: (but there is nothing wrong with the tire at all)

Last edited:
Back