Bridgestone BT-016 // My Experience

IG. I think what you are referring to is the OE Code which is stamped into the sidewall referring to Original Equipment tire on specific bikes?

I am not talking about the column 'OE Code'. I am referring to what's shown in the column 'article number'. It's the product code which every tire has. When I get the tire (usually online), it always has a sticky label wrapped around the tire giving all the details.

All I am saying that if you look at the BT016 120/70ZR17 front - there are 8 of these. And if you look at BT016 190/50ZR17 rear - there are 3 of those. Some are used as OEM tire, others are not.

The point I am trying to make, that if not paying attention, one may be thinking he is buying the same tire, while it could be somewhat different.

For example, if I were to buy a rear, I would take 118618 because it has the tread depth of 7/32", while the other two have the tread depth of 6/32". So, the first one will last longer than the other two.

I understand your point. However, as far as I know the only way you can tell the difference once you have the tire in hand is the OE Code letter which is always stamped at the end of the BTO16 such as M-N or E etc. I have never noticed an article number stamped into the sidewall, only the OE Code.

And, I doubt anyone on this site could really tell any difference between the differences each OEM requires on some bikes. At least I can't.

(but there is nothing wrong with the tire at all)

I agree.
I have about a thousand miles on mine and they are great!
It is going to be hard to make me change to something else when these are done.
Just watch them when they wear out.
Hey you might get 5,000 miles out of a set or burn them off in one track day.
Each guy is different.
I ran out and snapped a pic of my rear at 1000 miles FYI
I think they will stand up well for the way I ride.

DSC02671.jpg

Last edited:
no trouble with mine yet....came today but the front is not with it....??? 118618 from Ride Direct, deep tread & having fun already :cheerleader:

IMG_0652.jpg

IMG_0660.jpg

Back