Can anyone here tell me what "Like an AR15" really means?

Sad to hear of such a thing happening and within your circle....mental health issues are nothing to play with and because teenagers are so erratic to start with, it's often hard to detect.

I personally think one of the major issues of today is the lack of ability to detach from everyone else as social media has become part of people's lives and a complete stranger thousands of miles can have a huge (sometimes negative) impact on another person......and if that person happens to be a vulnerable teenager than the issue triples.

I get the gun thing, I know of people who have many bikes or vehicles and we know we can only ride or drive one at a time, but these people enjoy ownership...I get that..

To put it in perspective from my point of view, would these people have the keys to their GTS Viper or Hayabusa available at all times to their teenaged son? This son who could be egged on by his peers to take one of the vehicles out? We've all seen "Ferris Bueller's Day off" that's what could happen, the scene where the son is kicking the car because he was upset at his father....substitute car with gun...

Having a lethal weapon platform in the home means responsibility of them, locking them up and keeping them from perhaps a troubled teen-one that is hard to detect just as your story depicts...take butcher knife away and add AR15 with multiple box mags and see how many more get killed...

My story for you, I have a friend who is a weapon collector so has all the special permits required, his weapons are all basically in a vault in his basement (actually it IS his basement), he has an alarm system, bars on the windows, a key pad system to get into the basement and his ammo and weapons are locked in separate areas...he even has a panic button in the home in case of a home invasion where the bad guys want to get into his weapon vault. He recently got rid of them mostly to a museum as he was sick and tired of carrying around the responsibility of care-taking for these weapons....he loved them but was losing sleep worrying about them and worried they could end up in the wrong hands. That to me is a responsible gun owner. The good news is he retired and now works in the museum as a curator.
It appears mental health is declining in certain areas of the world based on the multitude of influential sources at play. The covid crap didn't do anybody any favors either as it drove the overall anxiety level of millions of people up worldwide. Its common here in Socal to see people driving alone in their cars, or walking down the street alone and wearing a face mask that does little or nothing to prevent an airborne viral infection.

I agree ... Guns need to be locked up... and you don't need to tell anyone what you own because many burglaries are based on information shared that gets into the wrong ears. Your story about the guy obsessing about his firearms under lock and alarm is a bit extreme imho. Sounds more like a "thought disorder" aka, compulsive thinking as compared to real risk.

About standard AR-15s... a number of guns out there are more deadly than those weapons. How many 12 gauge semi autos are out there as just one example? The labeling of an AR-15 being an assault weapon rivals the other label called "conspiracy theorist" that was created decades ago. Some people say that label was originated by the CIA as a way to counter the truth tellers. Its all semantics and shows great ignorance imho...

Far more people dying from drunk driving. Watch what happens if they try and suggest banning alcohol.
Yes, with so many ways to brew your own alcohol at home and other drugs available that can alter a person's state of mind the feds are futile in their attempts to control the ways people can kill each other.

However... their are ways to reduce killing... start with powerful governments because they have found numerous ways to kill more people with and without guns than any other single entity in the last 100+ years.

Last edited:
200.gif

Headlines like this would support citizens being armed to defend themselves...

Hi. Well it is a good thing that none of the socalled invaders were hurt or killed. The home owner should go to jail for a long time for what he did. See no one knows what the so called invaders were doing. The may have been going to his house to see if he wanted to buy newspapers or some other things. They were not in danger at that point in the time line

Headlines like this would support citizens being armed to defend themselves...

Hi. Well it is a good thing that the homeowner did not hurt anyone. Hr should go to jail for a long time for what he did. At that time he had no way of knowing what the SO CALLED HOME INVADERS were doing. They could have been just going to the house to sell him newspapers. No one really knows what they were doing. Now if they did brake into the house the owner could have ran out the back door that way no one would have been hurt.

Hi. Well it is a good thing that none of the socalled invaders were hurt or killed. The home owner should go to jail for a long time for what he did. See no one knows what the so called invaders were doing. The may have been going to his house to see if he wanted to buy newspapers or some other things. They were not in danger at that point in the time line
I don't know if the link worked for you but one of the home invaders was wounded...

I know you are being facetious but as you well know, engaging in a fire fight is a dangerous thing for either party (attacker/defender) although in most cases the defender has the advantage.

I don't know if the link worked for you but one of the home invaders was wounded...

I know you are being facetious but as you well know, engaging in a fire fight is a dangerous thing for either party (attacker/defender) although in most cases the defender has the advantage.
Hi. Yes I was. And everyone must know that they are respablr for every bullet that leaves there gun.

Back