Chris Moore has the first gen 3 turbo.

Both awesome machines. The bikes Suzuki could've and should've built.
I know it’s what a lot of people wanted but in reality where would the pricing land… and for many that would be the “nope” factor.
Maybe on a bigger, mass produced scale they could get the cost down some…. But would it still be enough?
And…. We’d all want more power!!! lol.

TTS make 370 whp on pump gas. This HTP kit made 300 whp on pump gas. @VNE made 320 whp with a stage 1 RCC kit.

I’m pretty bummed there is no intercooler. My guess is they used the g30-770 instead of the g25-550 to run on the bottom of the compressor map? He said it took until redline to make 9 lbs of boost.

Idk but maybe it’s a non issue and I shouldn’t worry about it but the Ultra plenum seems to be proven to make 400 whp on pump gas. I’m certainly not excited enough about what I saw to pull the trigger.

TTS make 370 whp on pump gas. This HTP kit made 300 whp on pump gas. @VNE made 320 whp with a stage 1 RCC kit.

I’m pretty bummed there is no intercooler. My guess is they used the g30-770 instead of the g25-550 to run on the bottom of the compressor map? He said it took until redline to make 9 lbs of boost.

Idk but maybe it’s a non issue and I shouldn’t worry about it but the Ultra plenum seems to be proven to make 400 whp on pump gas. I’m certainly not excited enough about what I saw to pull the trigger.
I don’t read too much into the 9psi not till redline. A lazy ignition tune can definitly impact that. Mix that in with a quick shifter and decent traction control and you basically have a bike that leaves under control and never stops pulling.

My corvette makes less at the tire with the turbo than it did with its centrifugal blower but ETs much harder. It’s boost graph looks “lazy” too.

...remember this was the first test.
lazy safe tune, and CM is gonna take it out for real world street testing, then come back and see what they want and need to do next...
I know how a turbo works, and I can follow along...that's it, lol.
What combos work best, I have no idea.
So yall settle down with all your technical jargin, and lets see what they can come with, you're confusing me...
lmao

People on this forum flamed the TTS kit in the most disrespectful way- in his own thread. This kit is far less impressive than what TTS put out so far. How many more times do you need to see an H2 whip a 300 hp turbo Busa to realize what has been shown will also get smoked against an H2?

I said before, at 400 hp or less the TTS supercharger is going to be hard to beat.

Just seems like you guys couldn’t suck on Moores tits harder.

People here also talk tons of crap about how underwhelming the Gen 3 is and how Suzuki should have done more blah blah blah. How is this any different?

Objectively what they have shown is not impressive. I’m probably the one or two guys in this thread ready to pull the trigger on a turbo kit. When I saw the video on this it actually made me a bit sad because I really want a mail order turbo kit but this isn’t the one.

The RCC kit with a 15 year old gt35r made 380 whp on pump gas and 550 whp on race gas.

They needed to use e85 with this kit to make what RCC made on pump gas. It doesn’t seem like you guys know what it means to use e85.

Whereabouts in Florida? I would go see it / him if it's not 5 hours away from me

Honestly, with no disrespect to CM, or the whole street scene(zero hate here)...I can't belive they continue to get away with what they do.
I have no problem with anyone ripping empty roads.
I know the cops have better things to do, and are tired of being hasseled about everything they do in the public eye.
But what I hear and see of Florida especially(you guys correct me if I'm wrong), but a wheelie gets your bike impounded??
And that street racing gets your bike or car taken if...if, they can catch you.
Many states are also charging spectators for being there(when everyone is hanging out in the cut, making multiple runs, running eliminations in the same spot for extended periods of time).
As well as several states arresting people and taking vehicles based on their youtube and social media posts.
Just because you say, "we're in Mexico now" (even though road signs clearly say otherwise) doesn't really cover you in court. And if the law comes after you at a later time, the phone or gopro has a gps time and date embedded in the video, as well as your phone will tell this on it's own...including gps speed.
Yes, that tech is simple and real.
It seems all it would take is the wrong person in law enforcement getting p*ssed off, and they could take out alot of high up and big name players in the game.
Again, no hate here, and I'm an old wheelie riding hoon, I don't call the police...for Anything.
I just have my concerns that technology is gonna catch up to these guys, and do their business alot of harm.
I had fun playing cat and mouse when I was a young idiot, and still may have to duck out on rare occasion...but I wouldn't want to be in a group or crowd like that and get myself hemmed up either.
So through the internet Everyone knows they'll be in FL this weekend, go to 'Mexico' again and run, then be right.
I love bikes, always have, always will.
Drag/roll racing isn't my thing, but I like the go fast parts and tech that goes into it, as well as seeing the incredible hp, acceleration and speed as a result.
They're already coming for the tuners on emissions alone(look at Ohio and Brocks).
I just think that these guys have gotten so blatent, that they are on borrowed time.
And that they All stay safe and out of trouble.

Why put a turbo capable of 770 hp on a bike and do “just” 300 hp on fuel pump?

And without an intercooler… .

When I saw the video I was expecting 500 whp or something like that.

What is CM supposed to do with this build?
Agreed and I was definitely expecting more.

I should clarify the work they have done to create a billet plenum, which is a work of art, is very good.

DME also released a billet plenum with a single throttle body- it’s $7,500. Good luck justifying that cost to make 400 whp.

Why put a turbo capable of 770 hp on a bike and do “just” 300 hp on fuel pump?

And without an intercooler… .

When I saw the video I was expecting 500 whp or something like that.

What is CM supposed to do with this build?

Because HTP dyno tested their new parts and on the 'new' gen3.
That some of their settings are very conservative at the moment.
And now, they want real world street testing done, and by a world record holding drag racer.
So he can beat on it, give his thoughts, and then they get back together and see what changes need to be made.
We are watching Research and Development in real time...which is really cool too.
This is way too much time and money to crank it to the moon and hope for the best.
Everyone just needs to be patient and wait for the final product.
Consider it's 302 whp, on pump gas...on 3 pounds of boost.
These guys aren't in the sub-par business, they're aiming high, and we get a front row seat.
Give it time :beerchug:

How is the R&D done without the intercooler?

I am a total newbie in the forced induction thing.

LE: When I was analyzing TTS kit, everybody was discussing about intercoolers.

Now we are just a few guys asking about this.

In my mind, after reading a lot on this forum, the intercooler seemed the most important thing after a great ECU tuning.

Builds without intercooler seemed the basic ones, the least expensive ways to have a turbo Hayabusa.

I expected HTP and CM to use an intercooler from the start.

Probably some information is missing in my head and that is why things don’t connect right.

Last edited:
Back