EV vehicles

Add the fact insurance companies are not fixing them in the event of even a fender bender and dealerships aren't wanting them on trade ins and the used car market will collapse....

Unless the prices of these EV drop to a crazy low number of which anyone can afford a new one, EVs aren't practical...

Then we have the rust belt that will be affecting their longevity....

I have heard of some ICE cars getting crazy mileage with very few problems as well even in the rust belt....there was a guy here who had a Toyota Corolla with over 500K kms on it...
Hi. I have over 500000K on my 2006 Civic

Me at the filling station. Acting cool, as I know all eyes are on the 'Busa...

Pump jockey: "Is that a Hayabusa?!"

Totally casual, ultra-hip forum member: "Why yes... Yes, it is."

Pump jockey: "Are they as fast as they say..?"

Hipster 'Busa-boy: "At 40 mpg, the 1,300 is the envinronmentally responsible choice..."

Pump jockey: (Gears turning / confused expression.) Um, OK...

IMG_7635-M.jpg

Yep, I'm not alone.....

I figure a change in government will be the end of the push to EV.......and we can only hope this governmental change is coming.

Yep, I'm not alone.....

I figure a change in government will be the end of the push to EV.......and we can only hope this governmental change is coming.
Your take on that article confuses me. EV sales are expected to triple this year over last. That type of increase is not maintainable, but the fact that more than half of the potential buyers are considering an EV tells me it's not the government that is the catalyst, it's the consumer.

Your take on that article confuses me. EV sales are expected to triple this year over last. That type of increase is not maintainable, but the fact that more than half of the potential buyers are considering an EV tells me it's not the government that is the catalyst, it's the consumer.
You are reading the US article not the Canadian one originally sent in jelly's post

The numbers are vastly different for we Canadians...

I find it interesting that a country that used to have such a large car culture as the US is jumping on the EV bandwagon so hard....I guess the car enthusiasts are getting old and hoping to keep their cars as long as they can....

I can see the future of Barrett Jackson and the like having their days numbered....

Canada is a bit harder of a nut to crack...remember we have a very different climate up here, we don't have anywhere (except some places in BC) where we don't get winter and lots of snow...

I find it interesting that a country that used to have such a large car culture as the US is jumping on the EV bandwagon so hard....I guess the car enthusiasts are getting old and hoping to keep their cars as long as they can....

I can see the future of Barrett Jackson and the like having their days numbered....

Canada is a bit harder of a nut to crack...remember we have a very different climate up here, we don't have anywhere (except some places in BC) where we don't get winter and lots of snow...
I wouldn't call a single digit % of total to be a bandwagon.

Tesla's Market Share In US/Canada Almost Reached 4% In Q1 2023

One thing I've noted especially is how easily commercial power is knocked out....I've used my generator quite a few times this year as soon as there is a thunderstorm, windstorm or snowstorm.....

Our grid needs some serious updating....

I’m not anti ev but I would still like the choice. If you want to buy an ev go ahead.
I would still like the choice to buy what I want with MY money. The govt has no business telling me anything.
And bringing up Norway and how clean their air is is kinda silly to me because the air covers the globe and doesn’t just hover over Norway. When China, India and Pakistan get themselves to what our worst levels are then talk to me. 3/4 of the world polluted more than you can imagine. So forcing people here to buy or drive something they don’t want it ridiculous.

I read today that there is great progress being made to clean the Pacific garbage patch....I think they took over 200,000 tons of garbage out of there so far....so that's good news.....

I’m not anti ev but I would still like the choice. If you want to buy an ev go ahead.
I would still like the choice to buy what I want with MY money. The govt has no business telling me anything.
And bringing up Norway and how clean their air is is kinda silly to me because the air covers the globe and doesn’t just hover over Norway. When China, India and Pakistan get themselves to what our worst levels are then talk to me. 3/4 of the world polluted more than you can imagine. So forcing people here to buy or drive something they don’t want it ridiculous.
About Norway’s air, air quality varies quite a bit based on location. Topographic features and weather plays a big part.

About Norway’s air, air quality varies quite a bit based on location. Topographic features and weather plays a big part.
But still……everyone on earth shares the same atmosphere.
Here in south Florida now we are getting smothered out by Saharan dust. You can see it in the air and on cars. Sunsets are smoggy instead of crystal clear. It’s dust, it floated over the Atlantic Ocean in the AIR. So similarly speaking it doesn’t matter how clean Norway is when the world is still full of polluting countries who don’t give a crap.

But still……everyone on earth shares the same atmosphere.
Here in south Florida now we are getting smothered out by Saharan dust. You can see it in the air and on cars. Sunsets are smoggy instead of crystal clear. It’s dust, it floated over the Atlantic Ocean in the AIR. So similarly speaking it doesn’t matter how clean Norway is when the world is still full of polluting countries who don’t give a crap.
Now now Blanca. No alternative facts allowed here. We should pony up as the U.S. and pay to clean them up as well.

Oh wait........

Russia can pretty much smother Norway with their emissions.

Last edited:
Back