EV vehicles

Your numbers are correct, I used a different link, see below.

I used the link below and missed the million in the number.

Taken from your link:

"83 percent of the energy we use comes from fossil fuels. Oil is the biggest energy source followed by coal and natural gas."

You can't just snap your fingers and this go away. We don't transition away from this without a replacement plan.

Somewhere in the past month or so some public service entity was trying to grab some glory by presenting a ribbon cutting of a newly converted coal fired power plant by replacing it with fixed battery storage in the same footprint. Applause applause, raise the political flag of progress. Slap each other on the back.

Until they disclose capacity. Which they tried to sort of not disclose. The newly converted facility produced 10% of the previous electricity output. And they spent millions to get there.

Everybody green wants everyone to applaud. Progress progress just listen to us convince you this is progress.

But us dumbasses ask where are you going to come up with 90% of the power you now aren't making there? You don't need less electricity. You need more. Now you spent millions to give us less. Just brilliant.

Man you gotta keep us undereducated dumbasses quiet. They ruin everything. They could have spent millions to build cleaner burning coal facilities. And likely brought their output capacity up and the cost down.

This problem won't be solved by giving us 90% less energy in the solution. Nor will it be solved by making anything efficient out of reach for the growing masses that can't afford, rent, food and healthcare.

The average car payment in America is $725/mth. If you make less money you get penalized by not having access to better terms. And better vehicles. So they are spending more $$ to drive a crappier car.

A financed Tesla cost between between $1,100 and $2,500/mth. in loan payments.

We aren't solving chyt.

Taken from your link:

"83 percent of the energy we use comes from fossil fuels. Oil is the biggest energy source followed by coal and natural gas."

You can't just snap your fingers and this go away. We don't transition away from this without a replacement plan.

Somewhere in the past month or so some public service entity was trying to grab some glory by presenting a ribbon cutting of a newly converted coal fired power plant by replacing it with fixed battery storage in the same footprint. Applause applause, raise the political flag of progress. Slap each other on the back.

Until they disclose capacity. Which they tried to sort of not disclose. The newly converted facility produced 10% of the previous electricity output. And they spent millions to get there.

Everybody green wants everyone to applaud. Progress progress just listen to us convince you this is progress.

But us dumbasses ask where are you going to come up with 90% of the power you now aren't making there? You don't need less electricity. You need more. Now you spent millions to give us less. Just brilliant.

Man you gotta keep us undereducated dumbasses quiet. They ruin everything. They could have spent millions to build cleaner burning coal facilities. And likely brought their output capacity up and the cost down.

This problem won't be solved by giving us 90% less energy in the solution. Nor will it be solved by making anything efficient out of reach for the growing masses that can't afford, rent, food and healthcare.

The average car payment in America is $725/mth. If you make less money you get penalized by not having access to better terms. And better vehicles. So they are spending more $$ to drive a crappier car.

We aren't solving chyt.
Paying $725 a month for a car is crazy.

At that price, you can lease a Tesla, and save some money no problem.

I would not know though, I have never had a car payment.

Paying $725 a month for a car is crazy.

At that price, you can lease a Tesla, and save some money no problem.

Per your above you can lease after a down payment.

"Tesla model you want to lease, you must consider the down payment. Amounts go from $5,529 to $9,751 and are payable upfront."

For a large segment of the population they won't have that. And I don't think Tesla has a business model of taking in trades. Probably not. Or if so, it would be a Tesla.

So leasing would not really make them obtainable to a vast portion of Americans.

My ex neighbor was the Comptroller for a chain of dealerships. Toyota/Lexus was a big part of their structure.

She left 2 years after they moved her. I asked her why.

45% of the people that came to buy a car were underwater in the one they were in when they drove in.

60% that left after buying a car from them were. So over half of the brand new cars were worth less than owed before they even drove off the lot.

She did not want her name in that portfolio when the thermonuclear meltdown in the car market happens.

"Tesla model you want to lease, you must consider the down payment. Amounts go from $5,529 to $9,751 and are payable upfront."

For a large segment of the population they won't have that. And I don't think Tesla has a business model of taking in trades. Probably not. Or if so, it would be a Tesla.

So leasing would not really make them obtainable to a vast portion of Americans.

My ex neighbor was the Comptroller for a chain of dealerships. Toyota/Lexus was a big part of their structure.

45% of the people that came to buy a car were underwater in the one they were in when they drove in.

60% that left after buying a car from them were. So over half of the brand new cars were worth less than owed before they even drove off the lot.

She did not want her name in that portfolio when the thermonuclear meltdown in the car market happens.
They don't give them things away....that's for sure....

And this is used....

I guess it is about priorities. I won’t buy a car or a bike, if it is not cash.

I can still remember, my very first car was a Toyota, the front half was a 1971 and the back half was a 1973. The motor came from a junkyard as well. After the whole thing was put together, I did over 300,000 miles with that and then sold it.

Before that, I was at school and worked nights and weekends, until I had enough saved up to buy my first motorcycle cash. It was a Suzuki T350.

They don't give them things away....that's for sure....

And this is used....

Well Elon pissed off more than a few of his customers when he cut the prices on some models. Tried to move inventory. Cheaper than what some paid for what they bought new.

Bam Elon just handed them a multi thousand dollar value hit. And if you threaten to sue, he will flip your digital switch off.

I doubt he will screw over any of the S owners. He needs them to repeat purchase.

Well Elon pissed off more than a few of his customers when he cut the prices on some models. Tried to move inventory. Cheaper than what some paid for what they bought new.

Bam Elon just handed them a multi thousand dollar value hit. And if you threaten to sue, he will flip your digital switch off.

I doubt he will screw over any of the S owners. He needs them to repeat purchase.
Like I mentioned before a former colleague of mine has an S and he is so frustrated with it he is thinking of going back to an ICE platform...

He figures he'll lose out on a deal but he's willing to do that to get out from under it....

Taken from your link:

We aren't solving chyt.
Hi well then we just have to get rid of poure people somehow OH more covid?

Hi. To hot or to cold they do not work as they should!!!!!!
I suppose they are like any other vehicle, my truck burns more fuel in the winter.....but it's a lot easier for me to refuel it than to recharge a battery...

My former colleague with the S model said the range drops significantly in the winter.....I also figure the salt brine they spread all over the roads here will take a toll on EV as well....it has to...that stuff is nasty....

Sounds like my Busa. The factory tuned the speedo, so I think the bike is a lot faster than it really is. And, I can do almost 70 miles with the fuel gauge still showing full.

Scroll to the end of this video, Tesla independent test, exceeds its EPA range.

I guess it depends on who we listen to?

I’s one of those things. I always read here about all the Busa problems, gearbox, loose clutch bolts, rectifier, hot start issues, noises, etc. And then there is me, my Busa has never missed a beat. And when I still had the Prius, few times I got 62 miles to the gallon, while others were close to 40 and complaining.

That certainly didn't sell me on an EV.......

"used and abused" with 13,000 miles on it?

The test was done on pretty flat roads with what looked like very little wind....that to me is not a real world test, and now it will sit at the charging station for how long before it is charged?

I can see these charging stations becoming a beacon for people to commit crimes on drivers waiting for a charge up....the bad guys know how long it takes to charge one...maybe one day the charge time will get much quicker....it has to.....

This is a better video to explain EV to me..

Last edited:
That certainly didn't sell me on an EV.......

"used and abused" with 13,000 miles on it?

The test was done on pretty flat roads with what looked like very little wind....that to me is not a real world test, and now it will sit at the charging station for how long before it is charged?

I can see these charging stations becoming a beacon for people to commit crimes on drivers waiting for a charge up....the bad guys know how long it takes to charge one...maybe one day the charge time will get much quicker....it has to.....
He was simply pointing out it wasn't brand new, but a rental. Abused rhymes with used and is used as flowery speech by journalists for effect instead of actual description.
You're going to reach for every branch to support your climb, as am I.

On that charger about 30 minutes to full charge. Nobody is going to sell you an EV, as you don't want one.

That's pretty impressive range, coupled with easier maintenance it makes a strong argument for EV. The carbon footprint discussion here is moot. How many endeavors by the human race don't have a carbon footprint? We need transportation. In-line 4, V twin, V4, EV. I'm currently in the V4 school but EV is closing in.

He was simply pointing out it wasn't brand new, but a rental. Abused rhymes with used and is used as flowery speach instead of actual description.

On that charger about 30 minutes to full charge. Nobody is going to sell you an EV, as you don't want one.

That's pretty impressive range, coupled with easier maintenance it makes a strong argument for EV. The carbon footprint discussion here is moot. How many endeavors by the human race don't have a carbon footprint? We need transportation. In-line 4, V twin, V4, EV. I'm currently in the V4 school but EV is closing in.
He wasn't simply pointing out the fact it was a used car (15,000 miles is low mileage), he pointed out it was abused...how was it abused is my question-burn outs, drag racing....??? How do you abuse one of these things? Not charging it right?

Now watch the video I posted.....it makes more sense in my opinion...it's not pro-ICE either....

He was simply pointing out it wasn't brand new, but a rental. Abused rhymes with used and is used as flowery speech by journalists for effect instead of actual description.

You seem very pro EV.....

I take it you ride an EV motorcycle and have no ICE vehicles or equipment?

I look at it this way, if I had an EV and an ICR vehicle in my driveway and had to drive a long distance to go visit a family member in a family emergency in the winter...what would I take to get there? I'd guarantee I wouldn't take the EV.....and if other people had the same choice to make, I'll be if they were honest with themselves, they'd do the same....

He wasn't simply pointing out the fact it was a used car (15,000 miles is low mileage), he pointed out it was abused...how was it abused is my question-burn outs, drag racing....??? How do you abuse one of these things? Not charging it right?

Now watch the video I posted.....it makes more sense in my opinion...it's not pro-ICE either....
It's a rental. That's pretty much as tough a life as a car can have. The drivers aren't very concerned about the vehicle's long term welfare. There's a reason most people in the automotive industry won't buy vehicles that have been rentals.

Huh? Is not gassing up a gas vehicle considered abusing it? More like getting stranded and thus abusing yourself.

I watched the video. I worked in the industry my whole life and I was aware of almost all the info. The testing and rating procedures are the same as for internal combustion vehicles in that take the numbers as a guide, not actual mileage.

It's great that everybody still has a choice and a shame that the choice for buying a new ICE vehicle might be going away. I don't like it either, but the instant torque is something to behold :)

Last edited:
You seem very pro EV.....

I take it you ride an EV motorcycle and have no ICE vehicles or equipment?

I look at it this way, if I had an EV and an ICR vehicle in my driveway and had to drive a long distance to go visit a family member in a family emergency in the winter...what would I take to get there? I'd guarantee I wouldn't take the EV.....and if other people had the same choice to make, I'll be if they were honest with themselves, they'd do the same....
I would take the EV, simply to further my experience of life. I carry, so if someone tries to assault me, as you suggest, during the 30 minute stop, I will have him arrested and put behind bars. I guess that would add further to my life experience.

Toyota is touting a new 900 mile range solid state battery. Having spent time with these folks in Nagoya Japan, I take them pretty seriously.

So, Bee, in the near future you will have to learn how to do 1,000 miles without stopping to pee, and a triple fuel tank, so you can still beat the EV.

I’m curious, do you charge your phone and portable batteries out in the snow, so the house won’t burn down?

BTW, there is talk of a National emergency due to the record temperatures overloading power grids, right now. So sit by, promote a culture of doing nothing and watch.

I would take the EV, simply to further my experience of life. I carry, so if someone tries to assault me, as you suggest, during the 30 minute stop, I will have him arrested and put behind bars. I guess that would add further to my life experience.

Toyota is touting a new 900 mile range solid state battery. Having spent time with these folks in Nagoya Japan, I take them pretty seriously.

So, Bee, in the near future you will have to learn how to do 1,000 miles without stopping to pee, and a triple fuel tank, so you can still beat the EV.

I’m curious, do you charge your phone and portable batteries out in the snow, so the house won’t burn down?

BTW, there is talk of a National emergency due to the record temperatures overloading power grids, right now. So sit by, promote a culture of doing nothing and watch.
Do you have any ICE vehicles and if so, are you not a hypocrite?

We will see what the future holds....it may or may not be what you think...one never knows, Toyota is pretty serious about their hydrogen powerplant development as well....

YOU may be safe at a charging station but what about a vulnerable person?

I charge my battery powered devices when they are plugged into expensive surge protectors only....never directly into a wall plug.

The earth's climate is cyclic, and nobody will or can tell me any different...not the "egg heads" who walk around with pen protectors in their pockets and know nothing but numbers. Met these people, talked to them, rescued a couple and think little of them.

the term "climate change" is a great way for those in charge to stay in charge by activating the alarmists and keeping the cash rolling for studies.

The heat isn't overloading the power grid....all the load on them is....a lot of that load is air conditioning...now we will add the charging of EV to this mix.....are we ready? Nope, we are not....

Last edited:
It's a rental. That's pretty much as tough a life as a car can have. The drivers aren't very concerned about the vehicle's long term welfare. There's a reason most people in the automotive industry won't buy vehicles that have been rentals.

Huh? Is not gassing up a gas vehicle considered abusing it? More like getting stranded and thus abusing yourself.

I watched the video. I worked in the industry my whole life and I was aware of almost all the info. The testing and rating procedures are the same as for internal combustion vehicles in that take the numbers as a guide, not actual mileage.

It's great that everybody still has a choice and a shame that the choice for buying a new ICE vehicle might be going away. I don't like it either, but the instant torque is something to behold :)
I would say a rental EV would be treated much, much different than a rented ICE vehicle.....lots of people won't buy a used EV period because of unforeseen issues with them down the road.

Gassing up an ICE vehicle is abuse??? What? Did you read that after you wrote it? How do you abuse an ICE vehicle by fueling it? I was equating to how one would abuse an EV....."by not charging it correctly" is what I guess I should have said....by this-either running it too low causing damage to the battery or constantly charging it to "top it up" because I know this practice isn't good for other electronic devices/batteries.

I posted the video I did because it clears up a few things regarding EV that I wasn't completely aware of before....

I don't think ICE is going to go away any time soon....

Back