Gen 3 accessories

Those wheels are beautiful but I think for the street I'd prefer forged aluminum. I had dymags on my 916 back in 99' and had issues with them

Quad lock you can use on the stem hole. If you do go that route, you will need a case for the phone. I have one with the stabilizing mount and it’s worked well for me. I highly recommend it. (If you go with RAM mounts, i have the x grip one I can sell. Just need to get the stem hole rubber to fit to the gen 3 stem hole.

Helmet Bluetooth: I’ve been using the Sena SMH 10 for about 6 years. This is my second unit. First one died after 3 years of daily use. I use it for music and navigation. It’s a older unit but it gets the job done and it’s simple to use.
I have the same set up and love it

Any recommendations on cellphone holder that can fit on the gen 3 and a helmet Bluetooth unit.. I don't need one that connects to large groups

20220613_134743.jpg

20220613_134743.jpg

20220616_082724.jpg

I talked about the Turborider barends in the "What did you do to your Gen 3" topic, but maybe it belongs here. I like the look of them, they ate noticeably lighter than stock but (maybe for this reason) the handlebar vibration is also worse. Nothing serious. Still, when I go to my multi-day tour in July I'll switch back to the originals.

Hepco&Becker now has luggage options for Gen3:

GSX 1300 R Hayabusa (2021-)

They don't look bad, much better than Ventura IMHO.
I just installed the Hepco & Becker C-Bow mounts and side cases. I like how they look even without bags mounted. I also installed the SW-Motech Street Rack, and for now I'm using a Givi Monolock topcase.

Has anyone else noticed the the right exhaust can is a few inches higher than the left, or did I do something wrong when installing the saddlebag supports? (I can't see how since it was basically remove and reinstall the exhaust hanger bolt with the support frame added).

Busa-rear-no-bags.jpg

Busa-side-no-bags.jpg

Busa-rear-with-bags.jpg

Busa-side-with-bags.jpg

I just installed the Hepco & Becker C-Bow mounts and side cases. I like how they look even without bags mounted. I also installed the SW-Motech Street Rack, and for now I'm using a Givi Monolock topcase.

Has anyone else noticed the the right exhaust can is a few inches higher than the left, or did I do something wrong when installing the saddlebag supports? (I can't see how since it was basically remove and reinstall the exhaust hanger bolt with the support frame added).

View attachment 1652358

View attachment 1652359

View attachment 1652360

View attachment 1652361
They look good, especially the saddlebags. One question though, doesn't the exhaust touch the bottom of the saddlebags?

View attachment 1652358

View attachment 1652359

View attachment 1652360

View attachment 1652361

The bracket looks like it's an out of spec part.
If it bothers you I would send it back for an exchange.

View attachment 1652358

View attachment 1652359

View attachment 1652360

View attachment 1652361
A gen 3 "Busa wing"

The right hand C bow is lower and further away from the side of the tail unit so something is on the piss. Pic 1.
Might be able to level up with brute force and ignorance as presumably it's only mild steel tubing.

View attachment 1652358

View attachment 1652359

View attachment 1652360

View attachment 1652361
Looks good. Am going with a similar set up - can I ask why you decided on the SW-Motech Street Rack rather than the Hepco & Becker Easy Rack?

Looks good. Am going with a similar set up - can I ask why you decided on the SW-Motech Street Rack rather than the Hepco & Becker Easy Rack?
From what I saw of the H&B rack, they were made just for their top cases, and they looked like they are tubular steel. I like the SW Motech streetrack because I've used them on my other bikes and I can bolt/strap anything to it that I choose. I have never used the H&B Easy Rack so I'm just guessing!

From what I saw of the H&B rack, they were made just for their top cases, and they looked like they are tubular steel. I like the SW Motech streetrack because I've used them on my other bikes and I can bolt/strap anything to it that I choose. I have never used the H&B Easy Rack so I'm just guessing!
Many thanks. Like you I've used SW-Motech rear racks many time on different bikes but never tried H&B before. Think I will go the same route.

Because I just got these in the mail, and I haven't installed them, so I can't swear that they fit perfectly, but the accessory package with all the nuts and bolts looks good. And they are freaking gorgeous, very high quality, and look great. The blue looks like it will really match the first-year white and blue bike. And the price is right as well. Almost too good to be true (and came in under 2 weeks and look better than the Raximo's)...

Folding Extendable Brake Clutch Levers

silver and blue.jpg

Last edited:
Back