Gen 3 accessories

What kind of issues? I was imagining Carbon wheels as being brittle, susceptible to breaking with potholes. I had no idea they were as compressible / bouncy as they apparently are. I'm seriously considering them...
destroyed all the misconceptions
First Gen of most carbon wheels were brittle or prone to problems but as technology advances, improvements are made to the point of almost none or very little issues. I have BST’s on my LE and KTM, so far no issues.

Rode over a section of road on a set of oem wheels and it bent the lip whereas the carbon wheels glided straight over. This was the same day where I didn’t know the oem wheel bent.

ACFB13A5-F551-4F94-A3BF-C178BEC35CD2.jpeg

What kind of issues? I was imagining Carbon wheels as being brittle, susceptible to breaking with potholes. I had no idea they were as compressible / bouncy as they apparently are. I'm seriously considering them...
destroyed all the misconceptions
My dymags lost air constantly and eventually cracked on the streets of NY. I replaced them with dymag carbon barrel with magnesium hub and they were far better but nearly the same cost and not as much weight advantage of the full carbon. People say the BST are much better than the old dymags, but didn't BMW use bst to make their wheels and they stopped using them on their bike and switch back to forged aluminum

Those wheels are beautiful but I think for the street I'd prefer forged aluminum. I had dymags on my 916 back in 99' and had issues with them
Sorry to hear that. I had a different experience with Dymags on my previous bikes - ZZR1400 (ZX-14R) and K1300R - with no issues over 6 years and thousands of road miles - would have bought again if they hadn't stopped making them. So the choice, as far as I could tell, was limited to BST or Rotobox which I didn't like the look of. It's a pity Krupp only produce them for a limited range of bikes.

In some video I recently watched I think they said the carbon wheels now have rubber added to a Kevlar layer. Makes sense when you see them bouncing the wheels like basketballs...

In some video I recently watched I think they said the carbon wheels now have rubber added to a Kevlar layer. Makes sense when you see them bouncing the wheels like basketballs...

Rotobox and then BST started several years ago adding wire to each bead/lip in the mold for strength against hard impacts, like potholes.
But the Old video of bouncing them has neither.

Has anyone put on the T-Rex radiator guard? Or any other brands? The T-Rex is one-third the price of the Yoshimura, which you have to order from Japan and seems like a giant hassle. I have no idea why they don't offer it from the US store. I never needed one on my gen one, and am of a mixed mind about the use these things.
Radiator & Oil Cooler Guard

ZG low profile DB hybrid in dark smoke. 6' tall and between this and the New Image seat, much less wind is hitting my helmet. Yet to do high speed test.

View attachment 1652523

From my thread, but may be more useful in this one

After a couple hundred miles with the ZG low profile hybrid and having my seat modified by New Image (aka Tobin), it's 100x better than it was stock. I can way less headwind now and don't need to use my neck muscles near as much. Had I gone with the ZG DB screen, it would be even better at directing the last little bit of wind over my helmet, but truth be told I prefer the look of the low profile hybrid.

Needed a gear bag for my new white toy, couldn't find what I was looking for, so I had this done on Etsy. (Had to tweak the image file myself and not sure how long the link will be up)... Will post an update once it's delivered.

Gear bag Etsy

View attachment 1652541

Got the gear bag, BTW. The first impression is that it's not the bright hard white of the photograph. It's got a gray / silver quality to it, and the blue is not as dark as the pictures. But it's roomy, high-quality, good hardware and the softer colors don't bother me that much. Recommended. (Oh yeah, the shoulder strap was way too long, so I cut a chunk off of it and re-sewed the end.) Here's a pic:
PXL_20220707_004829863.jpg

Because I just got these in the mail, and I haven't installed them, so I can't swear that they fit perfectly, but the accessory package with all the nuts and bolts looks good. And they are freaking gorgeous, very high quality, and look great. The blue looks like it will really match the first-year white and blue bike. And the price is right as well. Almost too good to be true (and came in under 2 weeks and look better than the Raximo's)...

Folding Extendable Brake Clutch Levers

View attachment 1652473

Crap. These don't fit. Wrong black parts.

In preparation for my long trip next week, I gave the old Airhawk inflatable seat cushion a go. This is the dual-sport cushion, that strangely fit my earlier bike, GSX-S1000, better than any other version. It fits the narrowing seat of the Busa a bit worse (couldbe longer), but still great.

20220718_082250.jpg

20220718_082256.jpg

I'm not sure I'll need it at all, as the seat of the Busa has been nothing short of perfect, but the first day of the tour will be 720kms, 12 hours riding and I never went that much on this bike yet. I was happy with the seat on the S1000 too, until a 600km day firmly changed my mind...

It also has the added benefit of raising the seat height a cm or two (depending on how fully you inflate it), relaxing knee bend even without drop pegs. Lastly, it solves the problem of leg circulation being cut off by the edge of the seat - never experienced it on the Busa, but if I remember correctly a couple of months back someone here had that issue.

Back