Gen 3 exhaust options

I have Harris rearsets on my zx9r.
I would love rearsets on the busa, but i know i would not enjoy the ride as much.
The Harris ones are nearly Ohlins colour.

Right side rearset.jpg

Yea I saw that. I want to know if anyone has tried this before dropping 3k on it and it hit the shifter like the brocks does. Id love to have this if I could 100 verify fitment
It shouldn’t hit anything, clears everything on a Gen 2 with ease.

Last edited:
Max Torque has a dual Gen III Header for $623, plus $150 if you want ceramic coat. Pair of tri ovals with dual tips, about the same price.

That very well may be the direction I'm going, now I'm just trying to decipher whether I want carbon fiber, or flat black.

Always wanted a set of dual tips.
$1340us plus ceramic coat and ship. Approximately $1600otd. (CF), $100 less for matte black.

PS I will report in once it's installed, and I'll get your soundbite as well.

Last edited:
That very well may be the direction I'm going, now I'm just trying to decipher whether I want carbon fiber, or flat black.

Always wanted a set of dual tips.
$1340us plus ceramic coat and ship. Approximately $1600otd. (CF), $100 less for matte black.

PS I will report in once it's installed, and I'll get your soundbite as well.
Any pictures of their mufflers?

Indeed. As far as I know only the overpriced Akrapovic slip ons are possible to use within EU roads. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Hello Miklos!
I have the same problem as you, I'm also looking for an exhaust with E-approval.
I found a YOSH exhaust on an Italian website:

Allegedly with E-approval.
See picture bottom line
This has not been confirmed to me anywhere and Yosh-Japan is not responding to my email request.

Greetings Edi

Yosh-E-kennung.png

Hello Miklos!
I have the same problem as you, I'm also looking for an exhaust with E-approval.

See picture bottom line
This has not been confirmed to me anywhere and Yosh-Japan is not responding to my email request.

Greetings Edi

View attachment 1646949
I've gone back-and-forth with Don in Chino at Yoshimura, and every time he says still no reply from Japan. I think they want us to buy theirs and not Japan's.

Hello Miklos!

See picture bottom line

Greetings Edi

View attachment 1646949
Hello Edi, I asked the Hungarian Yoshi importer about that same exhaust and he said that unfortunately that's not road legal in EU. I sure hope someone gives Akra some competition because that price is crazy.

Hello Edi, I asked the Hungarian Yoshi importer about that same exhaust and he said that unfortunately that's not road legal in EU. I sure hope someone gives Akra some competition because that price is crazy.
The price will remain crazy.
You are talking about mufflers with catalytic convertors in them.
No getting around a high price based on the materials used.
It's not your old perforated tube with packing and a can around it anymore...at least not to Euro5 compliant.

Jaaap you see this every day in germany! Our new green Government is a bad joke, more then our "red" Chancler Scholz......i dont want to know, what the world is thinking about our great Liar...aaahm Leader...
The world is changing.....climate activists carry a lot of weight...

One part of me says "screw them" then the other side says something has to be done and done quickly before it tips the scales too far to correct.

It pisses me off yet I see the pictures of the incredible pollution around the world and it staggers me....
Humans are very destructive.

Back