Long Island guys

BAD NEWS! I thought I heard a noise today on the highway coming from my bus. It sounded like a high speed whine. Almost like a bearing spinning.
I heard it my last time out on the bike also and now today confirmed it. Different road and speed. Rpm's could have been the same tho. SHID !!!
I think I'm gonna cut the filter open this week end. I don't think it would be smart to take her on a long trip.
sad.gif

i just rode an hour and i'm spent, not sure if i'm up for more than that...

i want to go but i'm more of a sprinter type of rider i guess. i'm up in the air on this ride, might be to long of a ride for me. i'll let you guys know.

(ike @ Aug. 07 2007,16:05) BAD NEWS!  I thought I heard a noise today on the highway coming from my bus. It sounded like a high speed whine. Almost like a bearing spinning.
I heard it my last time out on the bike also and now today confirmed it. Different road and speed. Rpm's could have been the same tho. SHID !!!
I think I'm gonna cut the filter open this week end. I don't think it would be smart to take her on a long trip.
sad.gif
square it away. You have 17 days.
zzwhip.gif

Naw. that won't be fun. This week end I'll put her on a stand, run her up and hope to here something. Very upsetting.

(Revolution @ Aug. 07 2007,16:28) i just rode an hour and i'm spent, not sure if i'm up for more than that...

i want to go but i'm more of a sprinter type of rider i guess. i'm up in the air on this ride, might be to long of a ride for me. i'll let you guys know.
two no-doz and four aleve you will bre good to go !
super.gif

there are plenty of breaks itll give you a whole new outlook on your busa , shid if you throw some paint on that bike before we go id bet
cool.gif
you , that youd have at least a couplr paint jobs to do when you got back ? bring some buisness cards youll be handing out a few . im suprised you gont hit the bear mountain / marcus dairy areas when tou have paint done definatly good for buisness !
beerchug.gif

(Revolution @ Aug. 07 2007,16:28) i just rode an hour and i'm spent, not sure if i'm up for more than that...

You are Kidding about this Right ,,,,,,( as i sit drinking some tea reading this Choking .....)Please tell me you go hang on the Bus for more than 1 hour ...( my wife in the backround asking me if this is for real )
rock.gif
?

(Revolution @ Aug. 07 2007,13:28) i just rode an hour and i'm spent, not sure if i'm up for more than that...

rock.gif
rock.gif
rock.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

Hey ike got your message hope you get it worked out by the ride you sounded exicited about the trip would hate to lose my wing man let me know if you need a hand tryin to fix her im no wizard but i could hand you tools

(PDBusa @ Aug. 02 2007,10:02) Mark,
an extra 30-45 minutes not a problem. Let us know what time we need to meet in Yonkers. Then we'll add 2-3 hours to compensate for John getting us lost  
SHOCKED.gif
 and figure what time we roll from LI.
I have GPS on my bike so lost isn't an option
poke.gif

Okay guys. Looks like we may have something going here.  
super.gif

I'm thinking we pass on the group ride and take the scenic twisty route for breakfast. Anything earlier than 5:00 am leaving time for me and Hank will surely be present. We are going to be logging some quality Busa miles there, hate to have to slow down to ride with the OCC guys!  
wink.gif

The next matter of importance will be who will be meeting where and at what time.
I guess we could have 2-3 meeting points? One will be LIE exit 63 northeast corner Hessmart. That will be first. Kickstands up from LIE exit 63 will be 06:00AM

Last meeting stop before cafe will be the gas station in Yonkers. Mark will post info on that one. I know he's biatching over the typing already!  
SHOCKED.gif
The LI group from exit 63 should be arriving there at around 7:30am. Tentative kickstands up at 7:45am

I guess we could stop somewhere between the two if needed? Or will those on west end go to Yonkers? I have no idea where we could stop a number of bikes on side of highway for meeting place on way. If there is a place, please post it and we will arrange times.

Please let me know where you will be meeting group. I'll keep updating.
For now I'm guessing;

Exit 63                                     Yonkers
PDBusa                                     2Quik
Johnstein                                  Busababby
CAJ                                           Busa-Rich
djac2163
anewbie.Anthony
Chrisongixxer1k
Revolution
05Busale

Meeting spot in Yonkers is the Lukoil gas station on Central ave ,,Whitestone Bridge onthe Hucthison Pkwy north to Exit 13 (Cross County Pkwy ) take to Exit 4 Central ave North get off the exit Lukoil is right there on your right side Can't Miss it .....

yup i was dead serious. longest ride has been about 1 1/2 hours one way tops, thats to work and or the dealership. otherwise just a 10 minute cruise to port.

Back