Looks like a war is looming in Israel

Generations of hate and mistrust is easily groomed into violence......this same situation plays out all across the Middle East.......

Nothing short of total eradication will ever resolve it unfortunately......even if one person survives the ideology goes on and on.....

It's a very sad reality and even sadder to see it happen in person then have to fight these people.....

Factions such as Hamas, Houthis, Hezbollah, ISIS, al Qaeda, Hoko Haran and many others...(almost 60 known terror organizations) are going strong and working on future generations......

Each and every day there are many genocidal situations occurring which is eluding any media coverage....if the general world public was aware of all the atrocities happening they'd really be shocked.

We seem to have a disconnect. Hamas being eliminated is a pipe dream in my opinion. Obviously, for the sake of the hypothetical, there would be no more bombings should that actually occur.

That makes no sense. Should there be a ceasefire, support would go in and help rebuild. If it doesn’t happen and there still Palestinians alive after Israel “eradicates” Hamas, same scenario. I believe all things have an end, and I’m pretty darn good at math.
The fact that you think that how I think is flawed because we disagree is telling and a bit tiresome. You did the same to Bee. Learning from opposing viewpoints doesn’t seem to be in your wheelhouse. It’s necessary for productive conversation.

“Israel has done more to prevent civilian casualties in war than any military in history,” John Spencer, the chair of urban warfare studies at West Point, has observed, “setting a standard that will be both hard and potentially problematic to repeat.

That’s a mouthful of crap. 40,000 dead and almost 100,000 injured. Who knows how many homeless.
Ceasefire, Hamas regenerates, recruits new, Gaza is rebuilt, October 7th is repeated over and over, forever, the Hamas ideology remains.

Remind me never to recruit you as a problem solver.

This is senseless. Good luck with your construction.
Makes sense to me.

Let's try and put it in plain English.

You won't attack Hamas, because they are using a child as a human shield. You would rather blame the attacker. And your solution the this whole predicament is to allow and let Hamas get away with using human shields, because that works for them and prevents you from confronting them.

So in short, to make this very clear, you are fine with Hamas killing innocent civilians in mass, plus take hostages, and you are fine not penalizing them for that, because they use their own innocent civilians as human shields.

Yep, you are senseless in all your reasoning.

Hamas and almost all the other terror groups use schools, hospitals and other public buildings to hide in and use for varying purposes such as CPs, equipment/ammo storage and living spaces for their fighters thinking that NATO and western forces will leave them alone....they've even gone so far as to include civilians into the fray by having school aged children in playgrounds or other civilians staged around the other buildings they are using....these people are kept under the gun of the terror groups.....

It is a real challenge to take these buildings (and terrorists) out while not injuring or killing their staged civilians.......sometimes a warning is given to the civilians but this also tips off the terrorists who simply evacuate the building before it is wiped out.

Urban warfare is one of the hardest types of warfare to fight especially if the civilian population is loyal to the terror cells and won't evacuate the area in hopes of protecting these terrorists.

I certainly wouldn't want to be an IDF commander making these decisions especially since the media is painting them (IDF) as the bad guy and garnering sympathy for the terrorists.

There were areas in certain countries that we knew just to live in them, the people had to be sympathetic and supportive of the terror organizations so we were always on very high alert in these areas and 99.9% of the time we came under fire and had to fight our way out.......and it wasn't always the terror group that was engaging us....many "civilians" were captured during fire fights who were women children and elderly people who had no qualms picking up a rifle and shooting at us....

It got so we wouldn't go into these areas and just had air or artillery eliminate targets based on our intel gathering teams.

Nothing is black and white in war.

Hamas and almost all the other terror groups use schools, hospitals and other public buildings to hide in and use for varying purposes such as CPs, equipment/ammo storage and living spaces for their fighters thinking that NATO and western forces will leave them alone....they've even gone so far as to include civilians into the fray by having school aged children in playgrounds or other civilians staged around the other buildings they are using....these people are kept under the gun of the terror groups.....

It is a real challenge to take these buildings (and terrorists) out while not injuring or killing their staged civilians.......sometimes a warning is given to the civilians but this also tips off the terrorists who simply evacuate the building before it is wiped out.

Urban warfare is one of the hardest types of warfare to fight especially if the civilian population is loyal to the terror cells and won't evacuate the area in hopes of protecting these terrorists.

I certainly wouldn't want to be an IDF commander making these decisions especially since the media is painting them (IDF) as the bad guy and garnering sympathy for the terrorists.

There were areas in certain countries that we knew just to live in them, the people had to be sympathetic and supportive of the terror organizations so we were always on very high alert in these areas and 99.9% of the time we came under fire and had to fight our way out.......and it wasn't always the terror group that was engaging us....many "civilians" were captured during fire fights who were women children and elderly people who had no qualms picking up a rifle and shooting at us....

It got so we wouldn't go into these areas and just had air or artillery eliminate targets based on our intel gathering teams.

Nothing is black and white in war.
Where we hope this does not go is pretty simple:

If we get enough global protesters energised, and we get enough folks to think like three of the frequent posters in this thread, Iran via their proxy Hamas have won this war.

Where we hope this does not go is pretty simple:

If we get enough global protesters energised, and we get enough folks to think like three of the frequent posters in this thread, Iran via their proxy Hamas have won this war.
Utterly ridiculous. The world has long ago passed the point of anyone winning this war.

Utterly ridiculous. The world has long ago passed the point of anyone winning this war.
Which war are you referring to?

The one against Hamas, or the one where Iran is trying to discredit Israel in the eyes of the world?

I’m referring to the latter.

When you belittle down a person by calling him utterly ridiculous, it refers to a certain personality type. Like a nice paint job with a big scratch in it.

Last paragraph, just jokin.

Last edited:
Which war are you referring to?

The one against Hamas, or the one where Iran is trying to discredit Israel in the eyes of the world?

I’m referring to the latter.

When you belittle down a person by calling him utterly ridiculous, it refers to a certain personality type. Like a nice paint job with a big scratch in it.

Last paragraph, just jokin.
I was referring to your post, not you personally, generally, but you were just joking so never mind.
The war between Hamas and Israel is the war I was talking about so never mind again.

I was referring to your post, not you personally, generally, but you were just joking so never mind.
The war between Hamas and Israel is the war I was talking about so never mind again.
I kinda thought you have never really seen the bigger picture. (Another scratch in my paint job?)

Try to really understand the big picture.

Latest development. Hamas shoots six hostages at close range, then gets exactly what they want. Major protests in Israel plus here.

I kinda thought you have never really seen the bigger picture. (Another scratch in my paint job?)

Try to really understand the big picture.

Latest development. Hamas shoots six hostages at close range, then gets exactly what they want. Major protests in Israel plus here.
Nobody questions how horrible Hamas is. The big picture in my mind is at what point does one cease hostilities if no good is coming from it?
Of course, that entails determining when the operation is no longer doing any good. I'm not there to truly understand what's going on so I'm in over my head. Your paint job is fine lol.

Nobody questions how horrible Hamas is. The big picture in my mind is at what point does one cease hostilities if no good is coming from it?
Ask Hamas.
Of course, that entails determining when the operation is no longer doing any good. I'm not there to truly understand what's going on so I'm in over my head. Your paint job is fine lol.
Non of the operations from both sides has done any good. It’s like driving down a sewer pipe, with the only choice left being finishing the ride.

Non of the operations from both sides has done any good. It’s like driving down a sewer pipe, with the only choice left being finishing the ride.
Most modern wars are like this where there are no clear winners, just a lot destruction...

Areas in Syria, Iraq, Libya are unrecognizable due to the destruction of cities in the battle against insurgency...

OBUA/FIBUA is always destructive...

During WW1/WW2 the destruction of cities was staggering....and the death toll on the civilian population was enormous.....

Gaza is no different, the big difference is it isn't being fought by NATO but the end result is the same.

Most modern wars are like this where there are no clear winners, just a lot destruction...

Areas in Syria, Iraq, Libya are unrecognizable due to the destruction of cities in the battle against insurgency...

OBUA/FIBUA is always destructive...

During WW1/WW2 the destruction of cities was staggering....and the death toll on the civilian population was enormous.....

Gaza is no different, the big difference is it isn't being fought by NATO but the end result is the same.
You don’t think fighting a terrorist organization, who deliberately focusses on soft civilian targets, takes civilian hostages, and hides behind human shields is somewhat different to a modern war?

Personally I believe it would have been easy and fast, for Israel to fight a modern war, but they can’t.

You don’t think fighting a terrorist organization, who deliberately focusses on soft civilian targets, takes civilian hostages, and hides behind human shields is somewhat different to a modern war?

Personally I believe it would have been easy and fast, for Israel to fight a modern war, but they can’t.
Fighting terrorist insurgents in built up areas has become the definition of a modern war.....

Fighting a "near-peer" war is the exception in these times.....

The war in Ukraine is sort of a "near-peer" war although it is a NATO proxy war where Ukraine's military is enhanced enough to be effective against a larger force...

Fighting terrorist insurgents in built up areas has become the definition of a modern war.....

Fighting a "near-peer" war is the exception in these times.....

The war in Ukraine is sort of a "near-peer" war although it is a NATO proxy war where Ukraine's military is enhanced enough to be effective against a larger force...
Interesting perspective.

I believe it is a bit unfair to label NATO as conducting a proxy war against Russia, through their proxy being Ukraine. If Ukraine started the war, I would agree, but they did not.

Interesting perspective.

I believe it is a bit unfair to label NATO as conducting a proxy war against Russia, through their proxy being Ukraine. If Ukraine started the war, I would agree, but they did not.
NATO is very much conducting a proxy war using their tactics and equipment against Russia which is something they were hoping to do for decades.....NATO troops are training and advising Ukrainian troops in direct contact with Russian forces.......Ukraine may not have started the war but NATO is sustaining it.

It's hard to say who started the war even though Russia invaded.....Ukraine and Russia have been exchanging blows for a long time before this happened....

Without NATO incursion, the outcome would have been very much different I believe.....

This guy says it like it should be.....

......and what he is saying should encompass more than just the Israel/Hamas and now Hezbollah conflict...

Back