Should I buy a Gen III

I love the RSV4 and the Panigale V4 and V2 variants, but the horror stories I've read or heard from Aprilia and Ducati have purged from me any desire to own their bikes, as beautiful and desirable as I find them.

I mean, the most recent was 650ib's white 2023 RSV4 Factory that came with a leaky radiator cap. A MALFUNCTIONING RADIATOR CAP.

Imagine buying a brand new high-end Italian bike and having to remove the fairings after its first ride in order to troubleshoot why it smells like coolant. Dude...

Look at the quality of people in the world today by majority...now realize that most of them have jobs...now you see the problem.
Too many people just show up(if that), and they have no real skill or ability, or any care that they don't.
Sad but true...just look at Suzuki...

I love the RSV4 and the Panigale V4 and V2 variants, but the horror stories I've read or heard from Aprilia and Ducati have purged from me any desire to own their bikes, as beautiful and desirable as I find them.

I mean, the most recent was 650ib's white 2023 RSV4 Factory that came with a leaky radiator cap. A MALFUNCTIONING RADIATOR CAP.

Imagine buying a brand new high-end Italian bike and having to remove the fairings after its first ride in order to troubleshoot why it smells like coolant. Dude...
The Aprilia's do have some issues which does concern me but so does the Gen III Hayabusa with the hot start issue plus I recognize while there are issues it's really a minority of bikes and not a majority. I'm on Aprilia Forum and it seems there are way more happy riders without issues than unhappy riders with issues. My biggest concern with the Aprilia is there's only 1 dealership within 100 miles of my home and I'm uncertain how good or bad their service dept is while there's a few Suzuki dealers just 30 minutes away.

I really wanted an RSV4 factory, and already own a multistrada 1260 (which is on the low end of Ducati maintenance, very pricey still) so I didn’t want another high dollar maintenance bike, ended up I buying the Busa cause I know it’ll be nothing but tires and oil changes.

LOL
Reminds me of a good o'l friend who use to be a colleague of mine.
He is a famous writer today, one of the top sellers of books. How to start a business, how to improve your profits, how to negotiate obstacles, the principles of success in business, self improvement etc.

Thing is, when we worked together, he was one of those who could never get anything done, we had to find ways to get the job done working around him and avoid his resentment at the same time.

episode 16 graphics GIF

Thanks....what peg lowering kit did you go with? I definitely would like to get risers and lower pegs if I go with a Hayabusa.
I got the 40 mm lower off of ebay, I found that adjusting shift lever to the lower pegs it will come in contact with the kickstand, disabling downshifts, so I couldn’t adjust to optimal position. I would recommend only going with the 1”, 25 mm drop for this reason

I got the 40 mm lower off of ebay, I found that adjusting shift lever to the lower pegs it will come in contact with the kickstand, disabling downshifts, so I couldn’t adjust to optimal position. I would recommend only going with the 1”, 25 mm drop for this reason
I ordered mine off of Ebay as well and he's 100% correct the 40mm is too low and will make the shifter hit the kickstand. That's why I got the 20mm lower ones. the Helibar riser doesn't require any longer cables or lines but you will need to adjust your levers down but that's easy enough.
These are what I got except the part the pin goes through to attach the peg to the bike was black.

I ordered mine off of Ebay as well and he's 100% correct the 40mm is too low and will make the shifter hit the kickstand. That's why I got the 20mm lower ones. the Helibar riser doesn't require any longer cables or lines but you will need to adjust your levers down but that's easy enough.
These are what I got except the part the pin goes through to attach the peg to the bike was black.
Thanks for the link. I'm really hoping to pickup a leftover 2023 Hayabusa by the end of the week and I know lower pegs and risers will make the bike a bit more comfortable for me.

I think the master cylinder recall affected multiple Suzuki models. It seems that the hot start issue can be 'fixed' with a Lithium battery which have less voltage drop with current. My theory is that the higher cranking compression of the Gen 3 due to its lower overlap cams is the root cause of the hot start issue. It may also be exacerbated by torque limiters not being properly speced but I would bet that bikes with hot start issues are nice tight motors with high compressions. Personally I always look for machines that have known issues that I know I can fix. I would look for one that has had the M/C recall done as you don't really want to be test riding one that hasn't and preferably one that does have a hot start issue.

What I love about the GEN3 is that it just looks big & heavy but once its moving, it feels nothing like it, you may even mistake it for a liter bike (I weigh 150lbs). Oh!! & of course all the new tech it comes with.

What I hate about the gen3 is the hot start issue. Nearly killed myself & totaled the bike because of it & the glitchy Quick shifter.

So I found a leftover 2023 Busa for what appears to be a decent price but it's a demo model with around 900 miles on the clock. It's priced just under $16000, a little over $17500 out the door not including sales tax which translates to about 1500 dollars in dealer fees which to me is a bit excessive. Price seems good but I'm opposed to paying exorbitant dealership fees plus I'm a bit weary of buying a demo bike with close to a 1000 miles on the clock. If it were a Gold Wing demo I'd have no problem buying it because its unlikely a GW rider would abuse the bike on a test ride but I'm not sure the same is true for someone taking a Busa for a test ride. The dealership is over 100 miles from my home so it's not feasible to go check it out in person.

Sometimes you have have to travel to get a good deal on a bike. The question on this one would be is it still under warranty? I would hope the dealership would do an inspection and provide the results. Perhaps it could you some negotiating room.

Back