What did you do to your Gen 3 today?

Installed a Zero gravity double bubble screen in light smoke. Not sure how I feel about it. It looks super nice but, I was used to my touring screen in dark smoke so, we’ll see once I go for a ride. Only reason I picked this one over the touring again is because I feel like the front of the gen3 is slimmer than the gen2 and didn’t want it to look funky with a giant screen.

IMG_8624.png

IMG_8625.png

Installed a Zero gravity double bubble screen in light smoke. Not sure how I feel about it. It looks super nice but, I was used to my touring screen in dark smoke so, we’ll see once I go for a ride. Only reason I picked this one over the touring again is because I feel like the front of the gen3 is slimmer than the gen2 and didn’t want it to look funky with a giant screen.

View attachment 1685708

View attachment 1685709
Next will be exhaust, filter, ECU flash, rims, etc.....the mod bug has hit once again.......

........and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that....

Next will be exhaust, filter, ECU flash, rims, etc.....the mod bug has hit once again.......

........and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that....
Next was kickstand. The weight saving addict, Brian, would be proud of me. I learned that Suzuki cares so little about all the owners that have dropped their bikes due to the kickstand that they kept it unchanged and the part numbers for all kickstand components are the same for 1999-current model. That meant I could recycle my PSR stand that I kept on the shelf.

IMG_8634.png

IMG_8633.png

What's not to like? Ever since the Gen 1 the double bubbles have been pretty much perfect.

Next was kickstand. The weight saving addict, Brian, would be proud of me. I learned that Suzuki cares so little about all the owners that have dropped their bikes due to the kickstand that they kept it unchanged and the part numbers for all kickstand components are the same for 1999-current model. That meant I could recycle my PSR stand that I kept on the shelf.

View attachment 1685729

View attachment 1685730
@mabupa, do you know if those PSR stands can extend longer than stock our just shorter?

Did some testing with a couple of different quick shifter setups, really hate the marshmallow feel of the stock sensor. Swapped out the full oipe for the rear exit dump to see how she sounds. Gave her and the harley a bath.
GREAT pic up on the front stand! What a fabulous looking bike the Gen 3 is!

So if I install riser links in the back, a PSR will allow me to make up the difference. Nice.

Just spoke with PSR and they said it can be extended about an inch longer than stock. So that is a win for the track rats. (T-Rex and Brocks only shorter)
That’s definitely good info for those that have raised the rear or run 55 profile tires and feel the need for a longer stand.

The eBay lower pegs recommended by members here finally arrived. Big difference. I just adjusted the brake lever as low as it could go without interfering with anything at the clevis area and gave the brake light switch a few turns to adjust it (it was always activated without even touch the lever). On the shifter side, I had to get creative to be able to adjust the shifter low enough but to where it didn’t touch the kickstand on downshifts. My solution was to JB weld a tiny flat nut to move the kickstand “stop” when fully up, down just enough to clear the shifter but still allow for the kickstand switch to work.

IMG_8656.png

IMG_8655.png

Installed the sleeve so I can use my bursig on the new bike. Was concerned about the lowered pegs getting in the way but, the only thing that makes it hard to use, is the giant OEM muffler. The handle barely clears the left exhaust by 1/4” or less.

IMG_8668.png

IMG_8667.png

Installed the sleeve so I can use my bursig on the new bike. Was concerned about the lowered pegs getting in the way but, the only thing that makes it hard to use, is the giant OEM muffler. The handle barely clears the left exhaust by 1/4” or less.

View attachment 1685900

View attachment 1685901
If the exhaust is getting in your way....time for an aftermarket set........:lol:

Preparing for a long journey in May

PS. Side racks and central SW-Motech from 2nd generation - to fit the central rack mount under the seat.
Side racks mounted on attached mounts. Passenger footrests available :) (in dedicated for gen III the passenger cannot travel :| )

View attachment 1682189

View attachment 1682190
Are you saying the top rack is from a gen2? If so, what all did you modify to make it fit the gen3?

Back