What did you do to your Gen 3 today?

We're finally down to 104° here in Las Vegas which makes the garage temps very comfortable. Today is the day boys.

I built a four into two Max Torque Header exhaust with Yoshimura TRS converted to ceramic TRC with the carbon fiber tip. They're gonna flow like a MF. I also used the generation-three Yoshimura conversion pipes, because the inlets on The muffler are the same size as the R – 77 exhaust kit which is 1.5". I fell in love with the sound of the TRS, or the TRC. The triangular canister makes a certain growl.

With or without the DB killers, it has a really great purr. Race bike exhausts we really don't care too much because we're looking for optimal performance, but on daily drivers or street driven bikes, I like a certain sound.

I should have a video by the end of today. I'm also installing the Yoshimura fender eliminator. A little bit of soldering shouldn't take too long.;)

By the way, I used the 1.8" springs, and I had to bend the loops near straight to accommodate the deeper inlet on the TRS compared to the R 77 kit.

No info on Arashi frame sliders and not really much in form of reviews so, figured I would play guinea pig and install some. Thesepuck seem bulky compared to my gen2 sliders.

IMG_8687.png

IMG_8686.png

Look an awful lot like the T-Rex sliders.
Pretty much the same from what I saw when doing research. Quality of the coating doesn’t seem too great and has a couple of corner of the brackets that rubbed off with the original packaging but, the definitely feel sturdy.

Pretty much the same from what I saw when doing research. Quality of the coating doesn’t seem too great and has a couple of corner of the brackets that rubbed off with the original packaging but, the definitely feel sturdy.
Well, at least you won't see the corners. I did look at the Arashi's, but was unsure about the quality and just went with the T-Rex.

Show us the installed picture. They look nice.
Not sure when I’ll get to install them. Arrived too late on a Sunday and I’ll be going back to work tomorrow. Need to do some research on side panels removal. I could stop my gen2 with my eyes closed and right arm (I’m a lefty) tied behind my back but, not sure where to start on this gen3. I’ll be watching some YouTube videos during the week and may tackle this next weekend.

Well, at least you won't see the corners. I did look at the Arashi's, but was unsure about the quality and just went with the T-Rex.
The T-Rex showed sold out when I looked and, I know Arashi has decent quality products for the busa so, figured it was worth the try.

Not sure when I’ll get to install them. Arrived too late on a Sunday and I’ll be going back to work tomorrow. Need to do some research on side panels removal. I could stop my gen2 with my eyes closed and right arm (I’m a lefty) tied behind my back but, not sure where to start on this gen3. I’ll be watching some YouTube videos during the week and may tackle this next weekend.
There are several panels that have to be removed and the order is important. Once you do it it gets easier, but I haven't done it in a few months and would have to think about how to do it all over again. Like you, I could do the Gen 1 and Gen 2 in very short order.

I took my bike on a 100+ mile loop stopping at the dealership to get a quote on the first service along with the cost to install the helibar riser I purchased. The quote for the first service was about what I expected but the quote to install the riser was a bit out of line at between $700-$800 dollars. The guy told me that they installed a riser kit the week before but I'm thinking it was a handlebar conversion kit which would be more difficult and time consuming than installing the helibar. I'll check a few other places but I'm not paying 800 bucks to get the helibar installed, for that price I'll figure out how to do it myself. I then rode up to Nockamixon State Park, crossed over the Delaware River into NJ and rode over to Frenchtown and then a few back roads to Washington Crossing State Park and then home. My seat is getting a tad more comfortable but not much so still wondering if I'll need to get a custom seat.

1722429590460.jpeg

If a $700-$800 quote to install a riser bothers you now...wait until you put it on yourself...you'll never go near that dealer again.
Given average dealer shop rates, that's like giving someone all day to install it, which is beyond ridiculous.
Yes, dealerships need to make money...but trying to hit people in the head over Basic modifications is not the way to do it, it also shows greed and general disregard for your fellow man.
He bought a bike here...now lets try to nail him on labor...terrible business.

I took my bike on a 100+ mile loop stopping at the dealership to get a quote on the first service along with the cost to install the helibar riser I purchased. The quote for the first service was about what I expected but the quote to install the riser was a bit out of line at between $700-$800 dollars. The guy told me that they installed a riser kit the week before but I'm thinking it was a handlebar conversion kit which would be more difficult and time consuming than installing the helibar. I'll check a few other places but I'm not paying 800 bucks to get the helibar installed, for that price I'll figure out how to do it myself. I then rode up to Nockamixon State Park, crossed over the Delaware River into NJ and rode over to Frenchtown and then a few back roads to Washington Crossing State Park and then home. My seat is getting a tad more comfortable but not much so still wondering if I'll need to get a custom seat.

View attachment 1686074
Riser bar install cost u 700 bucks? No freakin wayyyyyy. I would say max 50 bucks

If a $700-$800 quote to install a riser bothers you now...wait until you put it on yourself...you'll never go near that dealer again.
Given average dealer shop rates, that's like giving someone all day to install it, which is beyond ridiculous.
Yes, dealerships need to make money...but trying to hit people in the head over Basic modifications is not the way to do it, it also shows greed and general disregard for your fellow man.
He bought a bike here...now lets try to nail him on labor...terrible business.
I honestly believe the guy that gave me the quote was mistaking installing the helibar riser with the ABM handlebar kit installation which is more difficult and time consuming. I've done business with this dealership in the past and their prices have always been competitive but just the same I'll check around.

Thanks for the link, if I decide to tackle the install myself I'll go buy one since there's a harbor freight not far from my house.

I honestly believe the guy that gave me the quote was mistaking installing the helibar riser with the ABM handlebar kit installation which is more difficult and time consuming. I've done business with this dealership in the past and their prices have always been competitive but just the same I'll check around.

Well, I can see a dealer charging that for the ABM top clamp, I've done a couple of those too, and they aren't hard either, but will take some more time having to bleed new brake lines, and possibly remove some fairing parts, but it still is only a half day job at most, so $700-$800 is still steep.

View attachment 1686074
Helibars takes about 2 hours, fairly easy but a little difficult only because the factory bolts go in from underneath and are tight all the way out due to the factory loctite. Removing the windscreen will make it all easier to get to, and I used 5 towels to protect my paint and cover the end of the Allen wrench with the palm of your hand in case it slips off the bolt. Or wrap tape on the end of the Allen wrench. Check your master cylinder angles before you turn the bars all the way to make sure they don’t hit the windscreen. Good luck!

Are you saying the top rack is from a gen2? If so, what all did you modify to make it fit the gen3?
Please find attached photos.
Rack 1 - a piece of steel before welding as shown
Rack 2 - after welding just cut ends, drill holes and paint with powder coating

This rack right now fit both gen 2 and gen 3

rack2.png

rack1.png

Back