What did you do to your Gen 3 today?

I think they could’ve made the tank just as nice without all this nonsense. I cooled down, took a shower and just had a nice breakfast and still upset about it. I guess I’ll get over it eventually. I have not encountered anything that makes me wish I would’ve kept my gen2 but, it’s just maddening to see a bike that’s been made for this long and see that some areas have taken a step backwards. I would definitely keep the more difficult gen2 oil change over this gas tank.
If I’m completely honest with you, with everything I had done to my gen2, I seriously contemplated doing a gen3 conversion (electronics package) enough that I even went as far spending hours looking at parts diagrams and making a list of things needed. It would’ve been a few thousands worth of used parts and a nice project swapping wiring harnesses and all. I was not too worried about the hours I was going to have to put in but, ultimately decided that selling some of the bigger ticket items from the gen2 to use those funds towards the gen3 and, moving the smaller add ons to a new gen3, was probably smarter.
Yep, when it's time to move on.......it's time.....

I kind of sort of looked at a Gen 3 and had the boss lady behind me if I wanted one but honestly saw no real advantage for myself in getting one.

Our riding season is short and the arthritis in my hands makes seat time short so it made very little to no sense in getting another bike...

This yellow and black beastie will be my last bike.

However, Suzuki had how many years to get the formula right?

I kind of sort of looked at a Gen 3 and had the boss lady behind me if I wanted one but honestly saw no real advantage for myself in getting one.

Our riding season is short and the arthritis in my hands makes seat time short so it made very little to no sense in getting another bike...

Nothing wrong with keeping the bumblebee in the garage and the cash in the bank.
I kept the gen2 for 13 years and will probably keep this gen3 just as long. At 38 years old, I hope the Lord would give me a few more years to enjoy riding these beasts we like so much.

Suzuki engineers remind of some of the big shots in the corporate world that throw initiatives at their workforce but, never bother to spend time in the shoes of those having to live with their decision so they can see the difficulties people face thanks to them. It’s obvious the engineers at Suzuki don’t own hayabusas…………

Have you tried riding with compression gloves? I'm starting to get arthritis in my hands, especially the joints in my thumbs and I bought a pair of Tommy Copper compression gloves and for me they really work well and I'm riding just about pain free. I thought my riding career was coming to an end but the compression gloves has extended my riding career. They're not very expensive either, I think I paid around 25 bucks for a pair but they work great so money well spent.

Modified the solo cowl so I could use it without removing the grab bar. It came with a little area on the red section that was chipped so, slapped a nice decal I had and looks pretty good. Maybe I should’ve put the decal the other way around but, not too worried about it.

IMG_8762.png

IMG_8761.png

The luggage retrofit efforts continue. Side racks only required the mounting legs to be persuaded on the vise to take a slightly different angle to clear the fairings and the bracket that mounts to the passenger peg needed a hole drilled. I know for some of you is sacrilege to put luggage on a busa but, I like how it looks and the silver on the v35 is a pretty good match besides the fact that they are glossy and not flat like the paint on the bike. I have two things left to figure out:
1. Whether I want to install the cross bracket on the back to reinforce this setup even more or cut those to mounts off like c10 did on his.
2. How to protect the bag from hot exhaust since the GR motos angle doesn’t allow the end of the muffler to point away from the bag.

IMG_8842.png

IMG_8846.png

IMG_8844.png

IMG_8848.png

IMG_8839.png

The luggage retrofit efforts continue. Side racks only required the mounting legs to be persuaded on the vise to take a slightly different angle to clear the fairings and the bracket that mounts to the passenger peg needed a hole drilled. I know for some of you is sacrilege to put luggage on a busa but, I like how it looks and the silver on the v35 is a pretty good match besides the fact that they are glossy and not flat like the paint on the bike. I have two things left to figure out:
1. Whether I want to install the cross bracket on the back to reinforce this setup even more or cut those to mounts off like c10 did on his.
2. How to protect the bag from hot exhaust since the GR motos angle doesn’t allow the end of the muffler to point away from the bag.

View attachment 1686641

View attachment 1686642

View attachment 1686643

View attachment 1686644

View attachment 1686646

A few layers of reflective heat tape would help.
Better yet, stick some thin aluminum plates on the case bottoms with silicone, then heat tape on the plates.
That or an excuse for the Yoshimuras you wanted, lol
You could heat and bend the middle of those midpipes as well, and straighten out the angle of the mufflers, to get them and the exhaust away from being so close to the cases.
The new straighter angle would still flow with the body lines as well.

A few layers of reflective heat tape would help.
Better yet, stick some thin aluminum plates on the case bottoms with silicone, then heat tape on the plates.
That or an excuse for the Yoshimuras you wanted, lol
You could heat and bend the middle of those midpipes as well, and straighten out the angle of the mufflers, to get them and the exhaust away from being so close to the cases.
The new straighter angle would still flow with the body lines as well.
Already found some second hand gen2 R77s and Chinese mid pipes I’ll be retrofitting so I can sell the gr motos. Lol! Going on vacation soon so it’ll be a couple weeks before I experiment with that combo

The GRMoto slip-ons did not play nice with the side cases so put those for sale and found some gen R77s. Shined them up and started working on fitting them. Yoshimura sells midpipes but, $300 plus for a pair would through the exhaust budget out the window. I did some research and @Spudley had my head spinning with all the measurements he posted but, I did go ahead and order some generic midpipes to try. Worst case, I’ll chop the yoshi midpipes and modify them as needed. R77 inlet side is 57mm.

The GRMoto slip-ons did not play nice with the side cases so put those for sale and found some gen R77s. Shined them up and started working on fitting them. Yoshimura sells midpipes but, $300 plus for a pair would through the exhaust budget out the window. I did some research and @Spudley had my head spinning with all the measurements he posted but, I did go ahead and order some generic midpipes to try. Worst case, I’ll chop the yoshi midpipes and modify them as needed. R77 inlet side is 57mm.
Black Widow sells just the mid pipes. GSX1300R HAYABUSA 2021 - 2024 4-2 Link Pipes

Back