What did you do to your Gen 3 today?

maybe not exactly today, but a month ago.... Beeline Moto II. I love this toy!
In my opinion this location is best for this device. I also tried to put on evotech holder in the front of tank, but wasn't good for reading information.

beeline2.png

beeline1.png

I ass
Please find attached photos.
Rack 1 - a piece of steel before welding as shown
Rack 2 - after welding just cut ends, drill holes and paint with powder coating

This rack right now fit both gen 2 and gen 3

View attachment 1686108

View attachment 1686109
ume you just used spacers to take up the gap at the front mounting points? My gen3 is narrower than the gen2 at the mounting points where the “Frankenstein” bolts are on the gen2

did some measuring and started stacking washer until my roadlok pin aligned with the rotor holes and engaged. That came out to 23mm. Had to order 25mm spacer and shave 2mm off but, worked great.
Also found some GRmoto carbon slip ons and threw them on. They have a week of use and in excellent shape and, they sound great. Each one only weights 3.14lbs with the connecting pipe attached. The hangers are missing but should Able to order those. I didn’t like the exposed header so cut down the OEM shields and reinstalled. Not sure if I should spray the shields black.

IMG_8706.png

IMG_8707.png

IMG_8710.png

IMG_8709.png

IMG_8708.png

I ass

ume you just used spacers to take up the gap at the front mounting points? My gen3 is narrower than the gen2 at the mounting points where the “Frankenstein” bolts are on the gen2
Exactly right. The spacers (about 25mm - I can measure exactly) are under these new holes on the welded part.

I think black looks better from your amazing photoshop skills. Lol

I think the muffler band clamps would look better, have cleaner lines, with the bolts rotated to the back and out of sight too, but just my opinion.
Of course my taste isn't most people's either, as I'de peel the logo stickers, and just have the solid carbon fiber look.
I like black on the heat shields as well.
Regardless...your mod sickness is progressing nicely again...the denial will pass.
lol

I think the muffler band clamps would look better, have cleaner lines, with the bolts rotated to the back and out of sight too, but just my opinion.
Of course my taste isn't most people's either, as I'de peel the logo stickers, and just have the solid carbon fiber look.
I like black on the heat shields as well.
Regardless...your mod sickness is progressing nicely again...the denial will pass.
lol
I looked online for universal black shields with hose clamps before cutting the oem shields but, longest I could find was 9 inches and I wanted at least 15 inches so they cover the grmoto clamps. I reached out to grmoto about the hangers and just waiting to hear back. I was going to rock oem mufflers until I found some affordable yoshi slip ones but, couldn’t pass this local deal. I feel like a thief just posting how much I paid. :laugh:

Exactly right. The spacers (about 25mm - I can measure exactly) are under these new holes on the welded part.
I was referring to the mounts that bolt to the bolts I pointed to in this pic. The gen2 rack won’t fit because the gen2 was wider between those mounting points so, when I tried the rack on a gen3, there was about an inch gap on both sides.

IMG_8719.png

.......Ha, that didn't take long........

Let the modding bug loose.........
Im convinced everyone is against me not modifying the gen3. I mean, what can you do when even Chris Moore is against you by posting a video dyno tuning a busa with these GRmoto exhausts to try getting your business ? :laugh:

Im convinced everyone is against me not modifying the gen3. I mean, what can you do when even Chris Moore is against you by posting a video dyno tuning a busa with these GRmoto exhausts to try getting your business ? :laugh:

There is a reason the Hayabusa is the most modified sport bike in the world.......

I don't think Chris Moore has to try very hard to get business....I reckon his shop is crazy busy.

The parts recycling continues, as well as, some new ones. Installed the Arashi sliders. Pretty happy with the fit; no reply from GRmoto about hangers for their slip-ons so a cheap set of Amazon hangers it is for now. Had to shape them and cut to fit but, did the job; recycled my dash camera and 3br charger pashnit sold me for my gen2.

On another note, Suzuki engineer have to be related to the devil. Why Suzuki, WHY??!!!!! The gas tank setup is absolutely stupid compared to the gen2. How do we go from 2 bolts to remove the seat and two to be able to prop the tank with the included prop rod to:
-remove 2 push pins and Allen bolt for the inner panel (X2)
-remove 4 Allen bolts that hold the gas cap ring.
-remove the two black Allen bolts and two push pins that hold the useless tank cover that’s only there to reduce fuel capacity.
-pray the useless cover from its Velcro.
-now you finally see the two 10mm bolts that hold the tank so remove those.
-Remove two Allen bolts and remove seat.
-go get a hammer (not to beat the tank even though, I wanted to ) to use as prop rod because Suzuki wanted to save $10c per bike by not including it. Ohh, wait…… no, that’s right, is just missing because they eliminated any usable space under the passenger seat and now there is no room for it.
All that is after you have removed side fairings.

Rant over, here are some pics.

IMG_8734.png

IMG_8733.png

IMG_8732.png

IMG_8731.png

IMG_8730.png

IMG_8729.png

Last edited:
The parts recycling continues, as well as, some new ones. Installed the Arashi sliders. Pretty happy with the fit; no reply from GRmoto about hangers for their slip-ons so a cheap set of Amazon hangers it is for now. Had to shape them and cut to fit but, did the job; recycled my dash camera and 3br charger pashnit sold me for my gen2.

On another note, Suzuki engineer have to be related to the devil. Why Suzuki, WHY??!!!!! The gas tank setup is absolutely stupid compared to the gen2. How do we go from 2 bolts to remove the seat and two to be able to prop the tank with the included prop rod to:
-remove 2 push pins and Allen bolt for the inner panel (X2)
-remove 4 Allen bolts that hold the gas cap ring.
-remove the two black Allen bolts and two push pins that hold the useless tank cover that’s only there to reduce fuel capacity.
-pray the useless cover from its Velcro.
-now you finally see the two 10mm bolts that hold the tank so remove those.
-Remove two Allen bolts and remove seat.
-go get a hammer (not to beat the tank even though, I wanted to ) to use as prop rod because Suzuki wanted to save $10c per bike by not including it. Ohh, wait…… no, that’s right, is just missing because they eliminated any usable space under the passenger seat and now there is no room for it.
All that is after you have removed side fairings.

Rant over, here are some pics.

View attachment 1686252

View attachment 1686253

View attachment 1686254

View attachment 1686255

View attachment 1686256

View attachment 1686257
I guess all that prettiness comes with a price......

Just that description alone has thrown me off a Gen 3 no matter how much better it is over my Gen 2....

I like ease of maintenance and even the Gen 2 is a pain in the arse to do an oil filter change.....

I guess all that prettiness comes with a price......

Just that description alone has thrown me off a Gen 3 no matter how much better it is over my Gen 2....

I like ease of maintenance and even the Gen 2 is a pain in the arse to do an oil filter change.....
I think they could’ve made the tank just as nice without all this nonsense. I cooled down, took a shower and just had a nice breakfast and still upset about it. I guess I’ll get over it eventually. I have not encountered anything that makes me wish I would’ve kept my gen2 but, it’s just maddening to see a bike that’s been made for this long and see that some areas have taken a step backwards. I would definitely keep the more difficult gen2 oil change over this gas tank.
If I’m completely honest with you, with everything I had done to my gen2, I seriously contemplated doing a gen3 conversion (electronics package) enough that I even went as far spending hours looking at parts diagrams and making a list of things needed. It would’ve been a few thousands worth of used parts and a nice project swapping wiring harnesses and all. I was not too worried about the hours I was going to have to put in but, ultimately decided that selling some of the bigger ticket items from the gen2 to use those funds towards the gen3 and, moving the smaller add ons to a new gen3, was probably smarter.

Back