What did you do to your other motorcycle today ?

I took my 2022 BMW S1000XR for a short spin and realized how anemic the engine is under 6000 RPM'S compared to my 2023 Hayabusa which pulls like a freight train everywhere. I do think the XR looks better and definitely appreciate factory panniers but just wish the engine produced more HP/torque lower in the rpm range where I spend most of my time riding.

Resized_20220501_162218.jpeg

I took my 2022 BMW S1000XR for a short spin and realized how anemic the engine is under 6000 RPM'S compared to my 2023 Hayabusa which pulls like a freight train everywhere. I do think the XR looks better and definitely appreciate factory panniers but just wish the engine produced more HP/torque lower in the rpm range where I spend most of my time riding.

View attachment 1684834

Is there an ecu flash available?

Yes.....there's two or three companies offering flashes but I don't want to spend 800 dollars on a flash.

Yeah, the mfg's have went a long way in recent years to try and keep their ecu's from being cracked, which has resulted in a tremendous amount of time invested from the aftermarket to do so.
It took Brentune over a year and a half to unlock the first H2.
I'm not a big computer tech guy by any means, but the fact that it took so long to do, is extremely impressive from Kawasaki...And from Brentune...gotta love that kind of dedication.
An $800 ecu flash is steep, but I understand why.

Full Traxxion on my Goldwing was $3100
The shock was around $800-$1000 of that.
It's a big hit, and a big percentage of the cost of the bike, but, I look at it as the rest of the bike is so good, and I just personally really like the GW.
So, what are my options?
I can sell the bike, but then get what to replace it with? And will that need suspension, and will that cost me more in the long run?
I can leave it as is, but I really can't because I know how awful it rides...and how good it potentially can.
I'm not made of money, but I can make it work.
I really like my GW, and I've always loved Gsxr1k's, and I still have mine.
My 1k project will get suspension eventually too.
I think it's obvious that CBX's are one of your all-time favorites, and that if you put aftermarket suspension on it...you're only regret will not being doing it sooner.
You say your son is a rider too...so he won't mind the small dent in his inheretence. lol
Get the suspension, it will make a good ride a great one.
The price only hurts once.

Well after searching everywhere I found a new Progressive unit for under $700 delivered. I would’ve preferred the remote adjustable version but it was a couple hundred more! Get it on, adjust the Sag and I’ll be ready to go!

View attachment 1684834

“Looks better”? Better than what? Surely not better than a Hayabusa.

View attachment 1684834
RS answers where the XR does not . The XR may make a slightly better track day machine due to chain drive vs Shaft . My RS in cold air will make 160 mph but the XR might push out a few more mph. 105 tq for the R1250Rs Its very close to my old Hayabusa @113 tq but does not deliver the ultimate top speeds that a Hayabusa can .

RS with Full exhaust.jpg

RS answers where the XR does not . The XR may make a slightly better track day machine due to chain drive vs Shaft . My RS in cold air will make 160 mph but the XR might push out a few more mph. 105 tq for the R1250Rs Its very close to my old Hayabusa @113 tq but does not deliver the ultimate top speeds that a Hayabusa can .

View attachment 1684872

Does your bike have front and rear adjustable preload, compression, and rebound?

View attachment 1684872
I'd take that RS over the S bikes. any day........but not over the Bumblebee......

IMG_0811.JPG

View attachment 1684872
I came close to buying a RS but ended up with a GSA because I preferred the more relaxed upright riding position and larger fuel tank.

20210724_163622 (1).jpg

Back