What did you do to your other motorcycle today ?

I got a Xena rotor lock/alarm for a song from a retiring rider. Found the six lil batteries it takes and tried putting it on the Honda’s rotors but they’re too wide. I figured the vented front rotors would be too wide but the rear too? So, it does fit the rotors on the other bikes and I’ll use the rotor lock I’ve had for years on the Honda. That, and a Nelson-Rigg cover at the motel. :)

Put a wireless charging phone mount on today. I need a different extension for it to move but it is over built as heck. Their instructions say to mount directly to the battery but this leaves it in all the time. Didn’t like that so I hooked it into one of my accessory switches so it only on when I want it.

View attachment 1685067

View attachment 1685068

View attachment 1685069

Just promise you won’t get so involved watching Days of Our Lives or The Edge of Wetness on that lil tv while you’re on the road.

Put a wireless charging phone mount on today. I need a different extension for it to move but it is over built as heck. Their instructions say to mount directly to the battery but this leaves it in all the time. Didn’t like that so I hooked it into one of my accessory switches so it only on when I want it.

View attachment 1685067

View attachment 1685068

View attachment 1685069

Sarge, you need a Madstad windshield for that Texas heat.
You get nice air flow blowing on you, depending on how you angle it, but you're still out of the wind gust and in a quiet space.
I can hear the radio on my Goldwing very clearly at 70mph, but raise your head up into the wind...and it's like sticking your head out of a car window at 70, full blast, lol
Fit, finish, quality...all excellent, and clear or a couple of tints, as well as different heights.
I am Not a fan of windshields, or looking through them. I easily see over this one, 12", it is the Clearest windshield material that I have ever seen, and I am absoloutely amazed at just how much such a seemingly simple thing can improve the ride so much.
Check em out...you have mod sickness like most of us anyway, lol.

What do you do when you’re bored? Flush the front brake fluid. The new stuff is clear. Tomorrow I will flush the rear and the clutch. Then it should be good for another year. Here’s the old stuff. Read to the top of the moisture meter.

IMG_0905.jpeg

I made a 120+ mile ice cream run to get a chocolate shake at a place called O Wow Cow, nice ride up along the Delaware River in NJ and a few different back roads home. it was blistering hot today, 97 degrees, so I didn't leave until late in the afternoon hoping it would cool off a bit. Saw two deer on the shoulder but fortunately they stayed on the shoulder. The picture of my 2020 GSA was taken back in 2019 at Saguaro National Park outside of Tucson, AZ.

20191211_150757 (2).jpg

Rode this morning before the rain for some tacos with my cousin. Then came back and adjusted the clutch on his 07 Streetglide. Now he needs to gets some parts so I can rebuild his forks, bleed his brakes and change his air filter. I should slap him for not maintaining his ride……… lol

I looked at the mountain of work that my Goldwing needs, and will finish it soon enough.
I have all the parts, except one thing(and don't need them until last anyway).
Heli-bars! I've been on the wait list for a while now, and they may be ready and ship this week(they are made in house there).
Now here's where it gets bad.
I had no problem with the ads here...until they started getting personal!
Every ad I get...is for Heli-bars, and the pictures are even Golwing specific!!!
The bastids are taughting me day in and day out!
lmao!

Screenshot_20240715-091654_Chrome.jpg

I looked at the mountain of work that my Goldwing needs, and will finish it soon enough.
I have all the parts, except one thing(and don't need them until last anyway).
Heli-bars! I've been on the wait list for a while now, and they may be ready and ship this week(they are made in house there).
Now here's where it gets bad.
I had no problem with the ads here...until they started getting personal!
Every ad I get...is for Heli-bars, and the pictures are even Golwing specific!!!
The bastids are taughting me day in and day out!
lmao!

View attachment 1685579
Heli bars on a Gold Wing?

I found the factory riding position to be more than adequate on the big 'ol buffalo I rode......

Heli bars on a Gold Wing?

I found the factory riding position to be more than adequate on the big 'ol buffalo I rode......

No, the position isn't that bad, and mine has small aftermarket risers under them, that also slightly change the angle.
I can ride it fine with or without them.
The big thing is that the Heli-bars are a completely different setup.
Instead of having two seperate flexy stalks with grips, the Heli-bars have a 1" crossbar that ties both together, so it will really improve the feel of control, especially with the full Traxxion suspension.
And they have alot of adjustment in several directions, so finding the exact place that someone prefers their hands and arms to be at, should be no problem.
They get great independent reviews on all the GW forums I've lurked on, and I was suprised that they still sold so many for the old '01-'17 GW's, especially that there's a waiting list.
But, I have had and tried various Heli-bars on quite a few bikes, and always liked them. They're also a U.S. company that make their own parts, and their customer service is excellent.
I choked on the price too, but, gotta pay to play, and I really want to make this a forever keeper.
I only have 3 more big ticket things to buy at some point too, a Saddleman dual heated seat, as I like their grooved seats, and my GW is a base, so no heated seat.
A Henry's final drive, which is basically a differential with higher gearing, the factory 1st gear is like a tractor, and I can take off in 2nd with a passenger, and you would think you're in first.
Both are over a grand...as are the Heli-bars.
And around $400 for ss brake lines.
Swapping to 3 ss lines and unlinked brakes isn't possible, as one side of the caliper pistons won't work, and nowhere can I find calipers that will swap in, but, the linked brakes have apparently proven to be the best, based on the weight bias front to rear.
I think I'll still try my Brembo RCS17 front MC when I do the lines though(it's new and was around $400)
But, I'm ok with it all as I'm in pretty good finacial shape on this bike.
The book value and insured price is over $16k, with a trade-in price of over $12k.
Insurance is $420 a year for full coverage.
I gave $6500 for it, lol
and so far
$25 for shorty levers, and a custom adjuster from my old man
$90 for a K&N air filter
$220 for 4 ProChrome speakers
$360 for a Madstad windshield
$400 for led headlights
$100 for ss belly pan/guard
$3100 for full Traxxion
$1050 for Heli-bars
plus Ebc HH brake pads, 90° valve stems, new front tire(rear was new) oil and filter, Pro-Grip 761 grips, and lots of small replacement parts that are really just basic expenses on any bike.
So at least if it were totalled, or stolen...and come on...nobody steals old Goldwings, lmao, I won't be upside down on it.
There!!!
Now any of you that feel bad buying parts for your Busa...I have as much(and more) in a Goldwing than I paid for it!
lmao!

I road my S1000XR up to Northern Jersey to order a Nelson-Rigg tail bag because I find a tail bag easier to store my helmet, gloves, air pump and a few other items than the panniers. The BMW factory top case is over a grand once you buy the top case and accessories required to install it and at this point I don't want to invest that kind of coin in my XR so the $159 Nelson-Rigg tail bag was a good alternative. I ended up doing about 130 miles round trip so a good way to spend a Saturday in July.

I road my S1000XR up to Northern Jersey to order a Nelson-Rigg tail bag because I find a tail bag easier to store my helmet, gloves, air pump and a few other items than the panniers. The BMW factory top case is over a grand once you buy the top case and accessories required to install it and at this point I don't want to invest that kind of coin in my XR so the $159 Nelson-Rigg tail bag was a good alternative. I ended up doing about 130 miles round trip so a good way to spend a Saturday in July.

Cool
How's the riding in NJ right now?
Awful heat up there too?

No, the position isn't that bad, and mine has small aftermarket risers under them, that also slightly change the angle.
I can ride it fine with or without them.
The big thing is that the Heli-bars are a completely different setup.
Instead of having two seperate flexy stalks with grips, the Heli-bars have a 1" crossbar that ties both together, so it will really improve the feel of control, especially with the full Traxxion suspension.
And they have alot of adjustment in several directions, so finding the exact place that someone prefers their hands and arms to be at, should be no problem.
They get great independent reviews on all the GW forums I've lurked on, and I was suprised that they still sold so many for the old '01-'17 GW's, especially that there's a waiting list.
But, I have had and tried various Heli-bars on quite a few bikes, and always liked them. They're also a U.S. company that make their own parts, and their customer service is excellent.
I choked on the price too, but, gotta pay to play, and I really want to make this a forever keeper.
I only have 3 more big ticket things to buy at some point too, a Saddleman dual heated seat, as I like their grooved seats, and my GW is a base, so no heated seat.
A Henry's final drive, which is basically a differential with higher gearing, the factory 1st gear is like a tractor, and I can take off in 2nd with a passenger, and you would think you're in first.
Both are over a grand...as are the Heli-bars.
And around $400 for ss brake lines.
Swapping to 3 ss lines and unlinked brakes isn't possible, as one side of the caliper pistons won't work, and nowhere can I find calipers that will swap in, but, the linked brakes have apparently proven to be the best, based on the weight bias front to rear.
I think I'll still try my Brembo RCS17 front MC when I do the lines though(it's new and was around $400)
But, I'm ok with it all as I'm in pretty good finacial shape on this bike.
The book value and insured price is over $16k, with a trade-in price of over $12k.
Insurance is $420 a year for full coverage.
I gave $6500 for it, lol
and so far
$25 for shorty levers, and a custom adjuster from my old man
$90 for a K&N air filter
$220 for 4 ProChrome speakers
$360 for a Madstad windshield
$400 for led headlights
$100 for ss belly pan/guard
$3100 for full Traxxion
$1050 for Heli-bars
plus Ebc HH brake pads, 90° valve stems, new front tire(rear was new) oil and filter, Pro-Grip 761 grips, and lots of small replacement parts that are really just basic expenses on any bike.
So at least if it were totalled, or stolen...and come on...nobody steals old Goldwings, lmao, I won't be upside down on it.
There!!!
Now any of you that feel bad buying parts for your Busa...I have as much(and more) in a Goldwing than I paid for it!
lmao!
Just don't get bored with this one like the Concours and you'll be fine....

Cool
How's the riding in NJ right now?
Awful heat up there too?
I rode up to Cross Country Power Sports in the morning and the heat wasn't to bad and the ride home down RT202 to RT12 to Frenchtown wasn't bad either but after I had lunch and headed home on RT29 South it got uncomfortable as I approached Trenton. Once I got on I95S into PA it was really miserable but at that point I was only 10 miles or so from home so I didn't have to suffer to long before I was home and in the AC.

Just don't get bored with this one like the Concours and you'll be fine....

I agree,
but I just could never get into the Concours, for whatever reason.
The GW, love it...minus all things that I have to replace to get it where I want it, lol, but I know I'll be happy with the end result.
Comfort is king these days, with a 1000 to keep my sanity on shorter runs.
My 13 year daughter has finally sparked an intrest in riding, and has proven herself fearless on big roller coasters this year(old dad has been there, done that, and will stay on the ground at this point in life, lol), but I think she's going to like it.
I have a helmet, gloves, and jacket she can wear, and with her hiking boots and jeans, that will keep her safe enough to try, before I spend money on gear for a fast growing kid.
The GW is ideal for this too, as she can't fall off the back or sides.
I am most excited to finish it to take her out and see.

I agree,
but I just could never get into the Concours, for whatever reason.
The GW, love it...minus all things that I have to replace to get it where I want it, lol, but I know I'll be happy with the end result.
Comfort is king these days, with a 1000 to keep my sanity on shorter runs.
My 13 year daughter has finally sparked an intrest in riding, and has proven herself fearless on big roller coasters this year(old dad has been there, done that, and will stay on the ground at this point in life, lol), but I think she's going to like it.
I have a helmet, gloves, and jacket she can wear, and with her hiking boots and jeans, that will keep her safe enough to try, before I spend money on gear for a fast growing kid.
The GW is ideal for this too, as she can't fall off the back or sides.
I am most excited to finish it to take her out and see.
Good way for some daughter bonding time...at 13 she will really benefit from that...

My 13 yr old granddaughter facetimes with me at least 4 days a week and has asked to go on my bike with me but I told her it is a one person bike....I told her I'd let her drive my truck though and that made her happy.....

Good way for some daughter bonding time...at 13 she will really benefit from that...

My 13 yr old granddaughter facetimes with me at least 4 days a week and has asked to go on my bike with me but I told her it is a one person bike....I told her I'd let her drive my truck though and that made her happy.....

Yep, Busa, 1k, basically the same, having precious cargo hanging on for dear life.
I understand your position, and won't take her on that either, maybe way down the road.

Back