What did you do to your other motorcycle today ?

I checked the oil on the Honda. The trip was just under 1,800 miles and the odo turned over 37,000. Amsoil is good stuff but I’m still surprised the Honda didn’t use any. 10-12 hours (5-600 miles) were in 100+ degree weather at 75-80 mph. I also found out that the bike leans over way too far on the side stand (for my comfort level) since the new monoshock was installed. I used a small wooden pad on the trip but I’m gonna have to epoxy some more material on the ‘foot’, about a half inch.

Hey, it's a Honda, they never die, lol
You could get one of the kickstand feet on ebay or amazon that bolt around the bottom of the stand, so it has a bigger footprint, and is a little taller.
They're cheap and work well.

I rode the VFR home. It was at a shop for almost exactly two years. The mechanic, a great pro, initially indicated that he could take care of everything. But obviously his other business is more important.

Gleefully this ends any and all relations with shops with regards to my bikes. I have been unable to give away cash around here.

Unfortunately I have no bike in riding condition and a second bike to go through thoroughly myself. The final results of my skill building will be flourishing, but this interim has provided extremely aggravating lessons.

I rode the VFR home. It was at a shop for almost exactly two years. The mechanic, a great pro, initially indicated that he could take care of everything. But obviously his other business is more important.

Gleefully this ends any and all relations with shops with regards to my bikes. I have been unable to give away cash around here.

Unfortunately I have no bike in riding condition and a second bike to go through thoroughly myself. The final results of my skill building will be flourishing, but this interim has provided extremely aggravating lessons.

I have to finish both of mine too, neither is working, through no fault but my own.
I will have my Goldwing back on the road in a few weeks, after I get the time.
My Gsxr1k can wait.
As for your Busa, and the VFR, you have tools now, and we are here to help you however that we can.
Chin up sir, you can do it.

Sorry to hear it. I will do my best to do work on my bikes, even if it takes a while to get done. Unless there is an engine rebuild required I think I can do most stuff.

I couldn't resist, so I bought it.

IMG_6023.jpeg

I couldn't resist, so I bought it.

View attachment 1686003

1998?
1999?
Always strange to see Fireblade graphics on them, as they were never called that in the U.S. market, only a CBR900RR, and the same for the 600's
Has the exhaust been powder/ceramic coated black? That would have been silver here.
Regardless, that is a great looking piece of history, congrats.

1998?
1999?
Always strange to see Fireblade graphics on them, as they were never called that in the U.S. market, only a CBR900RR, and the same for the 600's
Has the exhaust been powder/ceramic coated black? That would have been silver here.
Regardless, that is a great looking piece of history, congrats.
Thanks.
I do like the graphics. The US model was a bit more boring in my opinion.
IMG_6026.jpeg

Only in the third year did the exhaust become silver. And yes, mine has been resprayed once.

Thanks.
I do like the graphics. The US model was a bit more boring in my opinion.
View attachment 1686034
Only in the third year did the exhaust become silver. And yes, mine has been resprayed once.

Yes, 1993, better angle of the fatter tail in that picture, now I can see it.
It's a beuatiful bike, takes me back, I was 16, and love bikes of that era, as I could drive then and the big 4 from Japan all had big cc bikes that I dreamed of owning.
There was some type of cop show in the U.S. a couple years earlier called 'Nasty Boys', and the Japanese guy on it had a new CBR900, one of the first years of the double headlight...I would watch the show only to see it on the show's intro, and hope to see it in the episode, as ther was at least a small clip of him riding it in most episodes, lol
Memory lane...thank you sir

I put the new rear shock in my Goldwing, and removed the rear wheel for the first time, so I could remove the aftermarket Centramatic wheel balancer(fits between the wheel and the rotor), and I'm going to balance it on my static stand.
I had to jack the rear end up really high under the rear shock, while balancing the bike with one hand, and push the wheel out with my foot...that was sketchy fun, I'll get an extra set of hands to put it back on.
I have new rear brake pads too, so having the wheel out makes it easier.
It supposesdly got a new rear valve stem with the new back tire before I got it, and it looks like it ...which is good...because I can't break the bead on this tire!
I have given up, I was going to put in a new 90° stem(fortunately it has a 90° stem in it already, but I had bought a new pair)
The wheel lips are extra tall on GW wheels, and the Rabaconda broke the bead on the old front tire when I put a new tire on recently...but this back one...it won't budge.
I'm 175 lbs, and all my weight does nothing. I'm going to get one of my 250 or 300lb friends to try it, if not, oh well, it will stay on for now.
And if they can't break the bead, when it comes time for a new tire...I will use a reciprocating saw, lol, cut 2 big slices down close to wheel, pull out a big section of tire, and use side cutters to cut the bead.
I also had the pleasure of removing the lugnuts with a 1/2" breaker bar.
Two had about 30' lbs...the other three had about 300' lbs, I had to use a 3' pipe on my breaker bar, straddle the bike backwards and hold the rear brake with my left foot...gotta love morons with tools.
At least I've made some progress.

20240801_212953.jpg

20240801_212935.jpg

20240801_220324.jpg

Back