What did you do to your other motorcycle today ?

Lol, I'll have had most of it apart by the time I'm done.
I sucessfully cut the 3 zipties that the PO had rotor cover lighting tied to that fuel line with(to remove the gas tank), and turning the side cutters as I lifted them out, a nice clean cut near the crimped metal end...I was in disbelife...Murphy was not...smh
Yes I remember your post. Hate that it happened. But try to find the silver lining. You could open your own Goldwing repair facility.

Most dealers won't touch anything more than 5 years old. It's one of the biggest request I see in the community. Who can work on a Goldwing.

You'll be famous. And the life of the party.

Yes I remember your post. Hate that it happened. But try to find the silver lining. You could open your own Goldwing repair facility.

Most dealers won't touch anything more than 5 years old. It's one of the biggest request I see in the community. Who can work on a Goldwing.

You'll be famous. And the life of the party.

I don't think I want to be that popular
lol...here it is at the moment, with the front back off for the new Traxxion billet triple tree, and new suspension.

20240812_214436.jpg

20240812_214501.jpg

20240812_214520.jpg

There is a block of wood on the jack too, the engine case is resting on it.
It only takes light pressure to tilt the weight on the center stand to the back wheel, so no harm done.

Yeeow that looks as bad or worse than a late model car! So many tubes, wires, hoses, connections etc etc. As complex as my CBX six is, its complexity pales in comparison….thankfully.

It has alot of parts for sure, but they just kind of find their way back together.
It really isn't as bad as it looks, it just finding the time to get it done...and nice weather for riding in the evenings is here, so I have to get to it!

Dodge City KS is about half way between us. I’m about 500 miles closer to Pikes Peak than you are, 1,300 vs 1,800. I’d like to try Pikes Peak again. I was stopped by Rangers @ 11,000’ due to icy corners. I’d like to find out if I can breathe @ 14,000’.

This is the old fog light wiring, as the bike was a base model, so no factory fog lights.
It's not as bad as it looks, but I already have a new harness to go on it, and am going to order led fog lights to replace the incandecents that are on it.

View attachment 1686484
I spent a good bit of time getting my floors sorted out. I had nowhere near that amount of wiring to sort through. It was about 5 wires and a relay.

Dodge City KS is about half way between us. I’m about 500 miles closer to Pikes Peak than you are, 1,300 vs 1,800. I’d like to try Pikes Peak again. I was stopped by Rangers @ 11,000’ due to icy corners. I’d like to find out if I can breathe @ 14,000’.

I've been to just over 11k' in the Rockies, and I could definately feel it going up.
Another 3k' would definately be an experience, I have no idea how I would handle that, or if it would be tolerable for me or not either.
I don't think I'de be doing alot of moving about if I was up there.

The new LEDs make a world of difference at night, and in daytime visibility to others.

They really do, I already replaced the 2 high beams and 2 low beams with leds, and the difference was incredible!
And when I turned on the funky incandecent foglights, it was like a yellowish green fog around around the front wheel, lol...so they definately need swapped out too.

They really do, I already replaced the 2 high beams and 2 low beams with leds, and the difference was incredible!
And when I turned on the funky incandecent foglights, it was like a yellowish green fog around around the front wheel, lol...so they definately need swapped out too.
It's on my list as eventually. I only have 23K on the bike. I want to wear out what I got before dropping $400 on LED upgrades. But I know there is a HUGE difference.

When I went HIDs on the Busa, you could see into the next county.

It's on my list as eventually. I only have 23K on the bike. I want to wear out what I got before dropping $400 on LED upgrades. But I know there is a HUGE difference.

When I went HIDs on the Busa, you could see into the next county.

Just bite the bullet and get the LED's...you won't regret it.
But, I don't know if or how often you ride at night, where I enjoy riding at night, so it's a big deal to me.
I put HID's in my Gen2 Busa, and these LED's are much better, there is no comparison at all, the light is much more clear, no glare, no shadows, and no waiting on a ballast to fire to delay the high beam from coming back on.

Just bite the bullet and get the LED's...you won't regret it.
But, I don't know if or how often you ride at night, where I enjoy riding at night, so it's a big deal to me.
I put HID's in my Gen2 Busa, and these LED's are much better, there is no comparison at all, the light is much more clear, no glare, no shadows, and no waiting on a ballast to fire to delay the high beam from coming back on.
I don't ride at night all that much.

Back