What did you do to your other motorcycle today ?

Did you do a brake fluid flush while you are in there and can get to stuff?

No, not yet, and it's been on the list, but I may let it slide until January or Febuary, when it's usually freezing cold here.
The fluid looks brand new, and the previous owner said all the fluids were changed at the dealer.
After just changing the differential oil last week, and seeing it look brand new, as well as the stock rear shock oil when I put in the Traxxion(which would have been mud had it not been, as well as it being a real pain to change), I'm going to take him at his word...that, and I want to do a full Spiegler stainless steel line kit this winter too, lol
This is also non-ABS bike(what I wanted), but still a pain to bleed, so I don't want to do it all again in just a few months, but, as far as just a brake bleed, all that needs to come off is a cover over the rear MC, and that just pops on/off with plastic pins into rubber grommets.
I'm still planning on putting my new Brembo RCS-17 front MC on it too.

I got HH pads for now but would like to do new rotors at some point as well as RC19 master. I've seen it one one other but don't know what all is involved to install it. Think I might just call this year done with a new 2-1 Khrome Werks exhaust and the Ohlins Nix cartridges

I got HH pads for now but would like to do new rotors at some point as well as RC19 master. I've seen it one one other but don't know what all is involved to install it. Think I might just call this year done with a new 2-1 Khrome Werks exhaust and the Ohlins Nix cartridges

I did EBC HH front pads on mine, which helped, and just put them on the rear last week. The rear brake on the GW does more of the stopping than the front too apparently, so it should be noticeable.
Other than ss lines, and a MC, there are no other GW options, no lighter rotors, and no other calipers.

To put an RCS-19 front master cylinder on your bike would be very easy, especially since they have a bleeder.
Just disconnect your brake lines from the old MC, bolt on the new MC and reconnect the lines, bleed the MC and front calipers, and you're done.
There's nothing to it.

Which reminds me! The GW Heli-bars come with brake line adapters for better brake line angles, and all you have to do is bleed the brake and clutch MC's, nothing else when installing them...so I will probably put my Brembo MC on it then!
I really hate to rob it off of my Gsxr1k project, but it has a ways to go to be finished anyway, and I can get another one for it later when the GW is 'done'...lol...they are Never done.

The Brembo MC will also come with a small 2-wire harness for the brake light switch, a simple cut, twist, solder, shrink wrap, and done connection.

Also
Check to see if your HD front brake light switch is normally open or normally closed, and make sure the Brembo model that you buy has a switch that works in the same direction.
If it's backwards, the brake lights will stay on, and go out when you pull the lever, lol.
And as far as I know, switching the wires won't correct it.
Which reminds me that I'll have to check and see if my Brembo will work on my GW now.
Mine also had cruise control, which may pose and issue, with the brake disengaging the cc.

I got this info off a Harley forum, someone doing the same thing and said the Brembo switch would not work.:

"
The switch supplied by Brembo didn't work. It was normally closed so it worked opposite of what it needed to. They may make one now but back in 2015 when I was doing this they did not. According to my order history from McMastercarr this is what I used.

McMaster-Carr "

I got this info off a Harley forum, someone doing the same thing and said the Brembo switch would not work.:

"
The switch supplied by Brembo didn't work. It was normally closed so it worked opposite of what it needed to. They may make one now but back in 2015 when I was doing this they did not. According to my order history from McMastercarr this is what I used.

McMaster-Carr "

The Brembo I have is normally open.
I think the Honda wiring is too, but the cruise control cancel never dawned on me until just a few minutes ago, so I probably have an issue there.
I can probably do something to fix that, but it'll require some planning...yay.
As for your HD, if you do not have cruise control(do you?), you should not have any issues, just make sure the Brembo you buy has a normally open switch, which I know many of them do.

The Brembo I have is normally open.
I think the Honda wiring is too, but the cruise control cancel never dawned on me until just a few minutes ago, so I probably have an issue there.
I can probably do something to fix that, but it'll require some planning...yay.
As for your HD, if you do not have cruise control(do you?), you should not have any issues, just make sure the Brembo you buy has a normally open switch, which I know many of them do.
Mine has cruise and abs. Ill have to research a bit more before I go that route.

I was just out for a ride and stopped by a store to grab something and when I came out a fellow pulled in on his 'Wing.......I had a chat with him and asked him if he has ever had to do an air filter yet and then he started chucking......he said he heard it was a real pain in the arse so he took it to the local Honda dealership and they wanted an arm and leg to do it so he researched it and did it himself...he said it took him 4 hrs but got to know the bike pretty good in the process....

He did have them do his steering head bearings and when he went to get it, none of the electrics were working so he questioned them and found out they forgot to plug in the harness.......

He's having wear issues on his front tire and so far can't track the issue...I told him to look into servicing his front forks and check his wheel bearings......and of course tire pressure.

My bike looked like a tinker toy next to it.....I should have taken a picture but by the time I thought of it, he had gone into the store and I don't take pictures of other people's stuff without their permission.

I was just out for a ride and stopped by a store to grab something and when I came out a fellow pulled in on his 'Wing.......I had a chat with him and asked him if he has ever had to do an air filter yet and then he started chucking......he said he heard it was a real pain in the arse so he took it to the local Honda dealership and they wanted an arm and leg to do it so he researched it and did it himself...he said it took him 4 hrs but got to know the bike pretty good in the process....

He did have them do his steering head bearings and when he went to get it, none of the electrics were working so he questioned them and found out they forgot to plug in the harness.......

He's having wear issues on his front tire and so far can't track the issue...I told him to look into servicing his front forks and check his wheel bearings......and of course tire pressure.

My bike looked like a tinker toy next to it.....I should have taken a picture but by the time I thought of it, he had gone into the store and I don't take pictures of other people's stuff without their permission.

The tire wear issue sadly is the bike itself...hence my Traxxion suspension.
The previous owners attempted to fix it with heavier fork springs, and Centramatic wheel balancers...neither of which did anything good.
And 4 hours for the air-filter, lol...it's not that bad. First time, going slow, sure, take your time, but realisticly it's a 45 minute job at the most.
It sounds like his Honda dealer really sucks too.
Forget to plug in the harness, an easy mistake...but to not check your work after, that's ridiculous.
And, had you sat on that GW, you would've been suprised at just how small it feels, lol

Heli-bars sent me tracking yesterday morning, and I then noticed they shipped it requiring a signature...which they could have informed me of ahead of time, or noted somwhere on their website.
I immediately emailed them back, and said that won't work, as I'm not home during the day, and that it was ok to deliver without a signature.
After a couple more emails, no problem, we will create a new label.
Great!
Last night I get new tracking from Fed-Ex...signature required on the info.
So, I emailed HB, so that they would get the email this morning.
I emailed a couple hours ago again, still no reply, so I just called...closed on Friday, Sat, Sun.
RRRRRR!!!!
So whoever basically did nothing about it all day yesterday, and went home for the weekend.
Now I get to find out next week how far that I have to chase this package to get it.
I can't stand people that won't do their job right.
Go Heli-Bars, your customer service isn't looking too good right now.

The tire wear issue sadly is the bike itself...hence my Traxxion suspension.
The previous owners attempted to fix it with heavier fork springs, and Centramatic wheel balancers...neither of which did anything good.
And 4 hours for the air-filter, lol...it's not that bad. First time, going slow, sure, take your time, but realisticly it's a 45 minute job at the most.
It sounds like his Honda dealer really sucks too.
Forget to plug in the harness, an easy mistake...but to not check your work after, that's ridiculous.
And, had you sat on that GW, you would've been suprised at just how small it feels, lol
I guess the term "small" is a relative term.....I know they balance well as I've ridden them before but they are still a big 'ol buffalo anyway one looks at it....but if I were to be going on a long ride, one of those big 'ol buffalos is the way to go.

I don't think the guy was too mechanically inclined from what he said....and who knows how much beer drinking was involved for him to take that long......

Last edited:
Heli-bars sent me tracking yesterday morning, and I then noticed they shipped it requiring a signature...which they could have informed me of ahead of time, or noted somwhere on their website.
I immediately emailed them back, and said that won't work, as I'm not home during the day, and that it was ok to deliver without a signature.
After a couple more emails, no problem, we will create a new label.
Great!
Last night I get new tracking from Fed-Ex...signature required on the info.
So, I emailed HB, so that they would get the email this morning.
I emailed a couple hours ago again, still no reply, so I just called...closed on Friday, Sat, Sun.
RRRRRR!!!!
So whoever basically did nothing about it all day yesterday, and went home for the weekend.
Now I get to find out next week how far that I have to chase this package to get it.
I can't stand people that won't do their job right.
Go Heli-Bars, your customer service isn't looking too good right now.

That’s happened to me a couple times and the UPS driver said that some shippers have that as a condition of delivery for their protection against the ‘we never got it’ scammers.

That’s happened to me a couple times and the UPS driver said that some shippers have that as a condition of delivery for their protection against the ‘we never got it’ scammers.

Yeah, they do, but they told me they would take that off, and could ship it by UPS or USPS if I wanted, but I told them Fed-Ex was fine.
It was supposedly fixed then, and why a new lable was created.
I will find out monday.

I got the thermostat and seals for my Goldwing today from Partzilla...and only ordered them 2 days ago!
After seeing that the coolant is clean and doesn't smell bad, I know that it was changed recently as said.
I only lost about an ounce, if that, when I removed the upper right radiator hose(to remove the fan to get to the fuel line that I had to replace).
I decided to put the thermostat on the shelf, as I only bought it since I had the gas tank out, but since it's not a need right now, and that I can have the tank out in under 30 minutes...it can wait until winter, or at least I have it if I need it.
I also replaced the damaged fuel line, and put the gas tank back in.
The battery tray and rectifier/regulator need to go in next, and the rear of the bike will be done.
The seat drops in place as it should too, so all is well, lol

20240816_235159.jpg

20240816_235144.jpg

20240816_213615.jpg

Back