What did you do to your other motorcycle today ?

One modified Goldwing left fork tube, from old Dad's workshop.
The lip needed machined off to remove the bushing and washer, and only the left fork.

20240815_221149.jpg

20240817_163209.jpg

View attachment 1686647

View attachment 1686648

View attachment 1686649

View attachment 1686650

View attachment 1686651

View attachment 1686652

View attachment 1686653

View attachment 1686654

Got my black parts in. They are subtle and look better in person. Had to completely remove the speakers and mounts to get the lever in.

Dang, you got 6x9's back there...my big old Goldpig only has round 4.5"(front and rear) or 5.5" in the rear if I hack out their openings.
A couple of big baggers come by my house often in nice weather, and I can hear their stereos over their engines...now I see why!

Dang, you got 6x9's back there...my big old Goldpig only has round 4.5"(front and rear) or 5.5" in the rear if I hack out their openings.
A couple of big baggers come by my house often in nice weather, and I can hear their stereos over their engines...now I see why!
I got 6.5 in the fairings, 6.5 in lower fairings, 6.5 in tour pack and 6x9 in the bags. All powered by a Hertz 900x4 amp. About to add a second amp and a dsp to tune the speakers better.

I bet that’s going to be a smooth fun ride when it’s done. Turbo next? :)

Gasoline next...hopefully nothing else anytime soon.
I've been looking at Saddleman and Corbin heated seats too, but that is 4 bolts and 2 minutes.
Spiegler ss brake and clutch lines, and a Henry's final drive/differential in the future...if motivation ever returns...I'm kind of burned out on working on this thing at this point, I have put so many parts back on it, and there are Still parts everywhere! lol

Gasoline next...hopefully nothing else anytime soon.
I've been looking at Saddleman and Corbin heated seats too, but that is 4 bolts and 2 minutes.
Spiegler ss brake and clutch lines, and a Henry's final drive/differential in the future...if motivation ever returns...I'm kind of burned out on working on this thing at this point, I have put so many parts back on it, and there are Still parts everywhere! lol
But you've learned a LOT about your Goldwing!
You'll know every sound and every whir it makes. But yeah there is a LOT of parts!!!

I love my Henrys. Totally should have been done this way from Honda.

And Tom Simmonds makes great seats. Custom made.

He can do heated but I don't know the price of heated.

You'll know every sound and every whir it makes. But yeah there is a LOT of parts!!!

Oh I've learned alot alright...and am ready to be done with it, lol
The stock seat is ok too, but being a base model GW, it isn't heated, and I want heated for cold weather.
I really like Saddleman seats with their cut out center channel, but a couple of reviews said their seat had them sitting further forward, which I don't want, but an inch or so higher would be ok.
Saddleman and Corbin both have a driver and passenger toggle switch on the side for the heaters, and the seats just need connected to switched 12v, which is already there.
I could also pull the cover and put in some heating elements myself, but I'm not sure what I want to do for sure yet.
I'de like to sit on each first, and I saw a heatedCorbin on Marketplace a couple weeks ago for $600 obo, which is half price.
So something like that where I could ride out, try it, and buy it for alot less if I like it would be ideal.
I don't think that I want to get into full custom seats with this thing either, due to costs, and being that it's custom, there will be always be something that I wish that I did or didn't do.
Too many irons in the fire right now, but I'll figure something out.

Did you install the Henry's Final Drive, or was it already on the bike?
It looks like a simple enough install (famous last words)

Oh I've learned alot alright...and am ready to be done with it, lol
The stock seat is ok too, but being a base model GW, it isn't heated, and I want heated for cold weather.
I really like Saddleman seats with their cut out center channel, but a couple of reviews said their seat had them sitting further forward, which I don't want, but an inch or so higher would be ok.
Saddleman and Corbin both have a driver and passenger toggle switch on the side for the heaters, and the seats just need connected to switched 12v, which is already there.
I could also pull the cover and put in some heating elements myself, but I'm not sure what I want to do for sure yet.
I'de like to sit on each first, and I saw a heatedCorbin on Marketplace a couple weeks ago for $600 obo, which is half price.
So something like that where I could ride out, try it, and buy it for alot less if I like it would be ideal.
I don't think that I want to get into full custom seats with this thing either, due to costs, and being that it's custom, there will be always be something that I wish that I did or didn't do.
Too many irons in the fire right now, but I'll figure something out.
Just as it doesn't go in the direction your Concours did......

I wonder if we'll see the Gold Wing wheelie video coming out...?

Supposedly the billet triple tree and fork brace take the flex out of the front end too, and it helps with the twitchyness of first gear/low speed turns.
I have no problem riding it, but 1st gear turns feel very unstable, and have me working the bars back and forth alot, as said, twitchy, but, once the ship sets sail, it's smooth and easy, lol

Back