What did you do to your other motorcycle today ?

Little by little

20240820_222902.jpg

20240820_222907.jpg

20240820_222916.jpg

Manoman, what a job!

It's really not as bad as it looks.
It's just slow going so I don't miss something and have to do it over.
Last night I spent an hour looking for a connection for a big 14 pin plug on the wiring harness.
I was almost positive it's connecting point didn't exhist, and the plug could only go so far based on how much slack the harness had.
After much reading in the service manual, and removing several pieces again, I found that the plug went to the ABS, TPMS, Airbag, and Navigation...none of which this base model has, lol
I just knew from memory it didn't connect anywhere...but these days I can never be too sure, lol
I would've hated to get it all back together and had a no-start.
Things like that are the biggest challenge, starting to work on it later in the evenings when time allows.
But, at this point, I could tear it down to an engine in the frame in no time, as it is very well designed and put together.

Um Look at your pics. You have a whole lot draped over your windscreen that ain't gauges.

That is just the controls, they have to come off of the stock handlebars to go on to the Heli-bars.
Two bolts on the clutch master cylinder.
Two bolts on the brake master cylinder.
Two screws on the left switch housing.
Two screws on the right switch housing.
The only reason they are up over the windshield is because I had the big gas tank trim plastic off, and am putting that back on, otherwise the controls would just lay on it instead.
I have a new set of grips on the shelf too.
Otherwise it's just remove the guage panel, so you can get to the two bolts holding each handlebar to the upper triple-clamp(4 total).
I assure you that it is a very simple job to do.
The only thing that might be a pain would be removing heated grips(which I don't have or want, as I use and prefer heated gloves), and if you do have those, the Heli-bars come with a special tool to help remove them.
Otherwise, as said, the install is very simple and doesn't take that long.
The pictures where I test fitted them only took a few minutes.
Don't talk yourself out of an awesome mod, lol

That is just the controls, they have to come off of the stock handlebars to go on to the Heli-bars.
Two bolts on the clutch master cylinder.
Two bolts on the brake master cylinder.
Two screws on the left switch housing.
Two screws on the right switch housing.
The only reason they are up over the windshield is because I had the big gas tank trim plastic off, and am putting that back on, otherwise the controls would just lay on it instead.
I have a new set of grips on the shelf too.
Otherwise it's just remove the guage panel, so you can get to the two bolts holding each handlebar to the upper triple-clamp(4 total).
I assure you that it is a very simple job to do.
The only thing that might be a pain would be removing heated grips(which I don't have or want, as I use and prefer heated gloves), and if you do have those, the Heli-bars come with a special tool to help remove them.
Otherwise, as said, the install is very simple and doesn't take that long.
The pictures where I test fitted them only took a few minutes.
Don't talk yourself out of an awesome mod, lol
I've suffered enough self induced pain ripping mine apart and putting it back together already. I'll let a riding season go by before I get stupid and volunteer for it again.

Don't even get me started in designing a solar system into an Origami camper and fitting it into places never meant to have anything there. I've had to violate my camper with an Endoscope so many times, I feel like a proctologist these days.

Yeah, I'm past the point of having things to work on regulary, not just the Goldwing either.
But, what makes it so bad is that I normally put off projects to go riding, so when the main projects are the bikes that I ride, it's the old stuck between a rock and a hard place, lol
And, I need to coat the deck on the house before it gets cold...and promised the wife I'de put in a dishwasher once it got cold...so woohoo.
I already have parts to finish several things on my Gsxr1k too, and then I just need money for a new rear shock and forks, and it'll be 'done'...shock and fork money I spent on the Goldwing, lol.
First world problems...gotta love it.

Well hopefully Monday my parts will get here. Just ordered the wave rotors. All that's left for brakes is having customs SS lines made and going forward with the RCS19 MC. Factory Harley brakes are at best like using the brakes on a scooter to try and stop a F350

Assembled the Goldwing forks with Traxxion cartridges and springs.
A friend of mine came over, as it is very difficult to try to compress the spring, pull the cartridge rod up, hold it, and thread the nut on.
I only took a picture of him holding the fork while I syphoned the oil down to the correct height...but they're done!
Was a simple job other than needing an extra set of hands(stock forks can be done by one person easily, as I did recently on them), and they only take a few minutes.
I will put them on tomorrow, and hopefully test ride it.

20240823_223448.jpg

20240824_001700.jpg

20240824_001711.jpg

Back