What did you do to your other motorcycle today ?

View attachment 1686810

View attachment 1686811

View attachment 1686812

View attachment 1686813

View attachment 1686814

View attachment 1686815

View attachment 1686816

Today my rotors came in. I wasn’t going to do anything………. So off comes the wheel right. Well since that is off might as well get the seemed and start polishing the shiny parts. Since I had to take time to do that, may as well powder coat the rotor bolts. Damn my adhd

Yeah, but it's all in the details.
Looking good too.

Getting closer...both wheels are on the ground now, lol
Leaving the 3 rotor covers off for now.

20240824_173015.jpg

20240824_172958.jpg

It lives again!
It made it outside...and so far, everything works.
I was going to ride it...but the side cases have to be on for the rear mudguard to bolt on, and that holds the license plate on.
The release cables that go from the rear latches down to the cases, have to be routed up to the latches before the cases bolt on, and even with plenty of light, shadows and glare make it no fun.
I have to put the mirrors on too, and I Do Not want to drop any of those screws...been there, done that
Still more parts to go on it too, I'll get back to it tomorrow.
Almost there, lol

20240824_220420.jpg

20240824_222437.jpg

20240824_223122.jpg

One of the more fun things of this project, as expected, was routing the side case latch cables back up to their latches.
I had to use some tie wire, and several swear words(it wouldn't have worked otherwise), but, it's back together now.
The right case started giving me the open latch warning on the dash too, which apparently is not uncommon.
After an hour, my problem was not so common, as it was the plastic latch trim in the top of the case, which I had not removed before...but I had to in order to correct the probelm.
The inner latch trim is only seen with the case open, and a project for another day.

20240825_131118.jpg

20240825_131148.jpg

20240825_131126.jpg

I finally took it for a ride...and Wow...it is a different motorcycle now...really.
All of the twitcieness is Gone at low speeds, I can lean it over until it would just stop and fall, there is no fighting the bars to keep it upright during tight first gear turns.
The low first gear is almost completely unnoticeable as a result.
All of the cruising vibration is Gone.
I felt like I was being shaken before, and it made me queezy.
Now it handles like a sportbike with a different riding position, and speaking of riding position, these Heli-bars are fantastic.
The position that I have the bars in is perfect for me, and they have zero flex with the crossbar.
I can take my hands off of the bars on the highway and the bike feels in total control.
The rear preload is push button and I have tried a couple positions, with very noticeable results.
I like where I have the front preload at too, by the adjuster screws on top of the forks, but will play with them some.
I rode about 25 miles, in this lovely 87°F with 60% humidity, and yeah, enough of that.
I'm going to go out later when it Hopefully cools down some.
You can also see that there is no lower front trim with foglights on the bike, as my Led foglights still have not shown up(supposedly tomorrow now), and I will have to lengthen part of the harness that I bought
I also left the rotor guards off, as they will need wired up as they have Leds in them.
I don't care to be noticed, but if they help me to be seen and not run over at night, I may put them back on at some point.
All and all, this full Traxxion suspension and Heli-bar project was a Huge Success, and I have zero regrets.
I took my time as I hadn't done it before, but it actually was very easy, and didn't take nearly as much time as I spent on it.
It's good to have it back on the road...now for some nice weather...

20240825_184345.jpg

20240825_184332.jpg

20240825_184251.jpg

20240825_184156.jpg

20240825_184236.jpg

I finally took it for a ride...and Wow...it is a different motorcycle now...really.
All of the twitcieness is Gone at low speeds, I can lean it over until it would just stop and fall, there is no fighting the bars to keep it upright during tight first gear turns.
Now it handles like a sportbike with a different riding position, and speaking of riding position, these Heli-bars are fantastic.
The position that I have the bars in is perfect for me, and they have zero flex with the crossbar.
I can take my hands off of the bars on the highway and the bike feels in total control.
The rear preload is push button and I have tried a couple positions, with very noticeable results.
I like where I have the front preload at too, by the adjuster screws on top of the forks, but will play with them some.
I rode about 25 miles, in this lovely 87°F with 60% humidity, and yeah, enough of that.
You can also see that there is no lower front trim with foglights on the bike, as my Led foglights still have not shown up(supposedly tomorrow now), and I will have to lengthen part of the harness that I bought
I also left the rotor guards off, as they will need wired up as they have Leds in them.
I don't care to be noticed, but if they help me to be seen and not run over at night, I may put them back on at some point.
All and all, this full Traxxion suspension and Heli-bar project was a Huge Success, and I have zero regrets.
I took my time as I hadn't done it before, but it actually was very easy, and didn't take nearly as much time as I spent on it.

View attachment 1686857

View attachment 1686858

View attachment 1686859

View attachment 1686860

View attachment 1686861
A fine job as usual.......all your work is top notch.

It will be a great feeling to have your lady on the back, the bags loaded and a destination in mind......

View attachment 1686857

View attachment 1686858

View attachment 1686859

View attachment 1686860

View attachment 1686861
I can't help but think, something was amiss in your previous suspension that was either broken or a bothced repair. No Wing I've heard of had the manners you described.

But I totally get the new feeling. The Traxxion upgrade is a major game changer. And yes you'll notice a night and day difference in the rear pre-load now. It's very linear and sensitive.

Nice work!

A fine job as usual.......all your work is top notch.

It will be a great feeling to have your lady on the back, the bags loaded and a destination in mind......

Thank you sir, I really do appreciate that, as I put alot of effort into making sure things are done right.

And the Mrs. has already asked about riding it somewhere in couple of weeks, lol

I can't help but think, something was amiss in your previous suspension that was either broken or a bothced repair. No Wing I've heard of had the manners you described.

But I totally get the new feeling. The Traxxion upgrade is a major game changer. And yes you'll notice a night and day difference in the rear pre-load now. It's very linear and sensitive.

Nice work!

Thankyou sir.
I think my sportbike mindset expects that kind of responsivness from anything that I ride, but with non-adjustable suspension, of course that isn't possible.
I rebuilt the forks prior to all of this, with new bushings and seals, but someone had already put progressive springs in them, and they were much longer and apparently firmer than stock.
The handlebars shook on decel, so I replaced the steering neck bearings, which corrected most of that.
The ride did not improve though.
All 3 wheels also had the Centramatic wheel balancers on them(now removed).
The rear preload adjustment did nothing until about number fifteen on the screen.
The whole ride was rough and bouncy, in the worst way.
All this was prior to the Traxxion parts, and why I bought them.
I also replaced the steering neck bearings for a second time, with the new Traxxion billet triple clamp.
When I disassmbled the rear shock, the fluid looked brand new, so someone had been in there recently.
It was apparent that this bike did not ride well, and someone was grasping, but didn't know what to do with it.
Now, what a night and day difference.
Before, my back hurt after I got off of the bike, even after a short 10 minute ride, even though it was comfortable and didn't hurt sitting on it while riding.
I just did 85 miles, and my back hasn't bothered me at all since I got off of it an hour ago, so I'm really happy about that.
I stopped 5 times to make small preload adjustments, front and rear.
I ended up with the front about where I started it at, in the middle, and with a little less in the rear.
The bike feels very planted and stable too.
It responds so quickly and goes exactly where I put it, and it will also turn much sharper than I think it will.
I'm having to get used to just how good it is now.
And, as said above, low speed first gear stability is excellent, no flex or twitchieness at all.
Other than the seating position, this thing handles like a 1000 that lacks ground clearance.
The Heli-bars are in the perfect spot for me too, and they feel more solid than stock, their crossbar really helps.
This was well worth doing.

Thank you sir, I really do appreciate that, as I put alot of effort into making sure things are done right.

And the Mrs. has already asked about riding it somewhere in couple of weeks, lol

That’s the ticket. Head out somewhere two up for a weekend, nice dinner, nice lodging and a great two day run to enjoy the bike and each other. An old saying, the pillion always chooses the bike, or she doesn’t ride. See if she enjoys her Queen’s chair with armrests.
Teddy Bear Weekend GIF by Teddy Too Big

Back