What did you do to your other motorcycle today ?

Just as it doesn't go in the direction your Concours did......

I wonder if we'll see the Gold Wing wheelie video coming out...?

Nah, I'm tired of working on the Goldwing, but excited to ride it again.
It was good before, and this should fix my complaints with the suspension.
The Concours was an ok machine, but not sporty enough to be a sportbike, or cruisery enough to cruise, lol
It wasn't the ideal passenger bike that I was hoping for, and I just couldn't really get into it, but, no regrets, I'm glad I got to try it, vs wondering if it would have suited me for what I wanted.
The Goldwing checks all the boxes, and then some. I couldn't have a GW as my only bike, as I need a 1000 to rip about on too, and I will get back to working on my '03 Gsxr shortly.
I can still ride the '18 Gsxr1k anytime that I want to feel crippled in minutes too, lmao.
As for the Goldwing wheelies, I pulled a couple, with the front wheel a foot or so in the air, but, that'll be where it ends
I've watched a few videos of skilled stunters trying to wheelie them, and no matter how good the wheelie is, the front end slams down hard after.
As much torque as the bike has, even when I wheelied it, isn't enough to overcome the weight, and it is very hard to set it down easy.
After all the time and money that I've spent so far, no part of me wants to replace fork seals anytime soon, or risk bending one of these tiny forks, especially with a lower brace and much more rigid triple tree, which would put most of the stress on the tubes.
My dirtbike barred '03 Gsxr1k will be my hoon about wheelie machine, with it's lowly 160ish whp, vs the near 200whp death trap '18 Gsxr1k, lol.
For now, the old man in me just wants to cruise the GW...and continue to drag pegs and boots on it...just with better handling, lol

Did you install the Henry's Final Drive, or was it already on the bike?
It looks like a simple enough install (famous last words)
I did the install. Pretty easy job compared to all you've been through. Lol

However you will need to remove right saddlebag. And I took off right muffler.

There is one bolt that is a PITA to get off. Need a 16 point socket and patience. You can only get about a 1/16 of a turn at a time on it. That bolt took up most of the effort.

When it's off, grease the driveshaft splines. They have been known to shear off after a lot of miles. Nobody lubes them. It's sealed so you don't have reason to. But many reports of driveshaft splines shearing. Somehow they get dry over years.

Supposedly the billet triple tree and fork brace take the flex out of the front end too, and it helps with the twitchyness of first gear/low speed turns.
I have no problem riding it, but 1st gear turns feel very unstable, and have me working the bars back and forth alot, as said, twitchy, but, once the ship sets sail, it's smooth and easy, lol
The Henry's make 1st gear much more useable. As it is now, 1st is only good for about 80 feet.

You could start out in 2nd and never miss using 1st.

The Henry's gives you a whole gear back.

I did the install. Pretty easy job compared to all you've been through. Lol

However you will need to remove right saddlebag. And I took off right muffler.

There is one bolt that is a PITA to get off. Need a 16 point socket and patience. You can only get about a 1/16 of a turn at a time on it. That bolt took up most of the effort.

When it's off, grease the driveshaft splines. They have been known to shear off after a lot of miles. Nobody lubes them. It's sealed so you don't have reason to. But many reports of driveshaft splines shearing. Somehow they get dry over years.
Correction. 16 point box box end wrench. I seem to recall you can't get a socket in there. Have no idea how they managed this on an assembly line environment.

The Henry's make 1st gear much more useable. As it is now, 1st is only good for about 80 feet.

You could start out in 2nd and never miss using 1st.

The Henry's gives you a whole gear back.

Cool, I want one, but really don't need to spend another $2k at the moment.
I paid $6500 for the bike...and currently have about that much, or more, in parts so far
lol

Heli-bars sent me tracking yesterday morning, and I then noticed they shipped it requiring a signature...which they could have informed me of ahead of time, or noted somwhere on their website.
I immediately emailed them back, and said that won't work, as I'm not home during the day, and that it was ok to deliver without a signature.
After a couple more emails, no problem, we will create a new label.
Great!
Last night I get new tracking from Fed-Ex...signature required on the info.
So, I emailed HB, so that they would get the email this morning.
I emailed a couple hours ago again, still no reply, so I just called...closed on Friday, Sat, Sun.
RRRRRR!!!!
So whoever basically did nothing about it all day yesterday, and went home for the weekend.
Now I get to find out next week how far that I have to chase this package to get it.
I can't stand people that won't do their job right.
Go Heli-Bars, your customer service isn't looking too good right now.

Well, Heli-bars was emailing me early this morning, apologizing for the mistake, and trying to correct it.
I also left a note on my door for Fed-ex to leave it...and they did!
So far so good too, all the parts appear to be in the box lol, and they look good too.
I was also suprised as the list price, steep as it was, $979, was what I was charged...total, nothing was added to that.
Apparently that included tax and fast shipping, as the box shipped on friday and came today.
So assuming all the parts are in spec and work as they should, it'll be a win.
And I have to give them a good review for their service.
Pictures soon.

Cool, I want one, but really don't need to spend another $2k at the moment.
I paid $6500 for the bike...and currently have about that much, or more, in parts so far
lol
Yeah you gotta at some point look at diminishing returns. When the time comes to sell mine, if they don't want to pony up my price, I'll remove the Henry's and put my original final drive back on. Plenty of people will snap up a used Henrys for $1K

Yeah you gotta at some point look at diminishing returns. When the time comes to sell mine, if they don't want to pony up my price, I'll remove the Henry's and put my original final drive back on. Plenty of people will snap up a used Henrys for $1K

Yeah, they will, I saw a used one for $1300 a few weeks ago.
The only thing that I like about how much I have in this bike, is that the book value/insured amount is over $16k stock.
So no worries on paying more for extra insurance on parts, and worst case, I'll still come out ok.

Yeah, they will, I saw a used one for $1300 a few weeks ago.
The only thing that I like about how much I have in this bike, is that the book value/insured amount is over $16k stock.
So no worries on paying more for extra insurance on parts, and worst case, I'll still come out ok.
Yep. I just got my little trailer insured. I looked at replacement limits that they came up with and I was like, Please Lord hit it with Lightning or something.

I had to test fit the Heli-bars, but can't put them on yet due to other parts needing to go on first...but wow...these things are awesome!
I put the seat on and moved them about, and they work just like in the video.
@TallTom your long arms would like these, the range of adjustment is amazing.
I can't wait to ride with them.
I'm not somebody that rides with their phone on the bars either, but have before, just so I could grab it and take pictures without having to get it out of my pocket.
The center crossbar on these is a perfect spot for a phone or gps mount too.
Excellent quality.

20240819_212524.jpg

20240819_212628.jpg

20240819_212643.jpg

I had to test fit the Heli-bars, but can't put them on yet due to other parts needing to go on first...but wow...these things are awesome!
I put the seat on and moved them about, and they work just like in the video.
@TallTom your long arms would like these, the range of adjustment is amazing.
I can't wait to ride with them.
I'm not somebody that rides with their phone on the bars either, but have before, just so I could grab it and take pictures without having to get it out of my pocket.
The center crossbar on these is a perfect spot for a phone or gps mount too.
Excellent quality.

View attachment 1686688

View attachment 1686689

View attachment 1686690
Don't freakin tempt me, you filthy bastid!

If you saw this the first time you saw your Wing, would you still have been interested?

View attachment 1686692

Lol, possibly yes.
Assuming the seller was the one working on it, it usually doesn't take long to figure out if they know what they're doing, and what their quality of work is.
Again assuming, if it wasn't a hack job after looking it over, and the price was right, I'de still buy it.
Often times they can be some of the best deals.
I've bought a few bikes in pieces over the years, and faired pretty well with them.
I've also went and looked at some 'really nice' looking bikes...that turned out those total hack jobs.

Don't freakin tempt me, you filthy bastid!

Hey...they just came back.in stock too, after over 3 months!
And if you order today, you'll have them before the end of the week!
lol
But seriously, I'm 5'10"...and I don't know what it's like to be 6'6", other than a few of my friends who are that size, who used to ride, and seeing them crunch down on 1k's, Busas, and Harleys.
And when I sat on the GW with these bars, I could move them to where they were too far away for me to ride comfortably, literally quite the stretch.
They are also alot wider, but of course the straight bars can be cut, or the grips can be moved left or right several inches.
These really do offer a huge range of movement for riders of all sizes.
I wanted them for daily riding, but if I was touring, I would definately want them for extended hours in the seat.
I was suprised at the demand for them too, so there should be no problem selling them used at a high price, should you put your GW back to stock whenever you sell it.
And besides...aren't we all really here to help each other spend money, lmao

Hey...they just came back.in stock too, after over 3 months!
And if you order today, you'll have them before the end of the week!
lol
But seriously, I'm 5'10"...and I don't know what it's like to be 6'6", other than a few of my friends who are that size, who used to ride, and seeing them crunch down on 1k's, Busas, and Harleys.
And when I sat on the GW with these bars, I could move them to where they were too far away for me to ride comfortably, literally quite the stretch.
They are also alot wider, but of course the straight bars can be cut, or the grips can be moved left or right several inches.
These really do offer a huge range of movement for riders of all sizes.
I wanted them for daily riding, but if I was touring, I would definately want them for extended hours in the seat.
I was suprised at the demand for them too, so there should be no problem selling them used at a high price, should you put your GW back to stock whenever you sell it.
And besides...aren't we all really here to help each other spend money, lmao
Must resist. MUST resist. MUST RESIST!

YA Bastid

Last edited:
Back