What did you do to your other motorcycle today ?

Removed the Centramatic wheel balancers from the front wheel.
Put the rotors back on with medium loc-tite and torqued.
I'll balance it tomorrow.

20240813_205922.jpg

Removed the right side fan, and top radiator hose, and found the other end of my damaged fuel line, sucess!
I'll swap that out soon.
It doesn't look too bad to get through...we'll see, lol

View attachment 1686513

View attachment 1686514
2 more steps and you could have freshened up fuel injectors.

You're gonna kick yourself if you find out they are leaky, after being this close.

2 more steps and you could have freshened up fuel injectors.

You're gonna kick yourself if you find out they are leaky, after being this close.

Yeah, I know, but they aren't that hard to get to, or leaking.
The engine runs very strong and smooth as well.
I was thinking that fuel line end was inside the frame, much further back, and not where it is, directly under the radiator, which hopefully goes a simply as it looks.
I am about burned out on having it all apart at this point too, I don't need any more jobs on it.
I have to disassemble the forks, modify the lower left tube, put the new parts in them and reassemble, press in the new upper and lower steering neck bearing races, install the new triple tree, forks, fork brace, then replace the thermostat(hopefully here by next weekend).
Put the gas tank back in, which I hope is more fun than fishing it out.
And hope that my Heli-bars are here by the end of the month.
Then get most of the trim back on, get it outside, do a coolant flush, and then put on the mirrors, side cases, rear crash bars...and probably a dozen other things I forgot about, lol
I'm ready to ride it again.

I was thinking that fuel line end was inside the frame, much further back, and not where it is, directly under the radiator, which hopefully goes a simply as it looks.
I am about burned out on having it all apart at this point too, I don't need any more jobs on it.
I have to disassemble the forks, modify the lower left tube, put the new parts in them and reassemble, press in the new upper and lower steering neck bearing races, install the new triple tree, forks, fork brace, then replace the thermostat(hopefully here by next weekend).
Then get most of the trim back on, get it outside, do a coolant flush, and then put on the mirrors, side cases, rear crash bars...and probably a dozen other things I forgot about, lol
Yeah when I got to about Week 7 of having it spread across my garage, dining room, living room and back deck, I was done with finding more places to stash more parts. Cleaning, painting, re-routing, wiring, and tweaking. Finally you make parts get back where they belong. I hope to forget what the underside of the seat area looks like.

But, when you find a highway, set the cruise and settle in, she earns her reputation again. Protest free, trouble free, set it and forget it cruising.

My next chapter will be learning what a 600 lb camper trying to run me over is gonna feel like.

After I find a trailer hitch and wiring harness to plug in.

In re: “I'm ready to ride it again.”

Aren’t you jonesin for a ride up Pike’s Peak? It would make a nice turn around spot for a 3,600 mile tour…

In re: “I'm ready to ride it again.”

Aren’t you jonesin for a ride up Pike’s Peak? It would make a nice turn around spot for a 3,600 mile tour…

If I had the time I would like to try it(that part on my Gsxr1k).
I would like to do alot of riding in the midwest to north west, as the scenary is beautiful, along with great riding roads.
I also hate to trailer a motorcycle, but despise riding on interstates, and would have to be retired to just wander the country on a bike.
But, my kids are young teenagers, so life's responsibilities keep my riding within a day's ride of home for now.
The wife wants to do some trips on the Goldwing, but they wouldn't be further than an overnight stay.
I am fortunate to have the Blue Ridge Parkway close by, and have spent alot of time riding it over the years.
It does pale in comparison to your back yard though, and for now, I'll just have to keep enjoying all of the great pictures that you post.
I think that you live in a better riding location than any of us here.

Yeah when I got to about Week 7 of having it spread across my garage, dining room, living room and back deck, I was done with finding more places to stash more parts. Cleaning, painting, re-routing, wiring, and tweaking. Finally you make parts get back where they belong. I hope to forget what the underside of the seat area looks like.

But, when you find a highway, set the cruise and settle in, she earns her reputation again. Protest free, trouble free, set it and forget it cruising.

My next chapter will be learning what a 600 lb camper trying to run me over is gonna feel like.

After I find a trailer hitch and wiring harness to plug in.

Isn't it amazing at just how many parts continue to come off of it, and as you said...you end up with parts sitting everywhere, it's like having three bikes apart at once.
As for the trailer hitch, that should bolt on in just a few minutes.
Mine has the 2 visible bolts that I circled in a previous picture, that are right there after you take off the license plate, and then that bracket extends around each side, to the lower front of each side case, and attaches through a bolt on an exhisting mount.
I'll have to look and see where the wiring harness plugs in at, but I think it's directly behind the license plate.
There isn't much to the bracket either, so I can't see it be an expensive part...but, famous last words...

Disassembled the left fork on the Goldwing.
Now the tube can go in the lathe, as it needs about 1.75mm cut off of the end, to remove the lip, then knock out the spacer and washer.
This needs done as this tube is different than the right side, and needs modified in order to install the Traxxion Dynamics cartridge in it.
Hopefully I can get it cut tomorrow.

And, my Heli-bars shipped today, a week earlier than expected!

20240815_215711.jpg

While I'm on this subject......why does a fuel injected bike need to be constantly blipped when at a stop light/sign......I know in the carbureted days it was a sort of necessity to keep an ill-tuned bike running but why now? I figure it's just to make noise....

.....the joys of modifying......

I spoke with a friend of mine who has a street glide and he said he just spent a boat load of money on his....he said once you start it's like opening a can of Pringles....
Its a sickness I tell ya........ I thought I had got rid of the mod "bug" after the Z06. Nope, got a Gen1. Thought I would be done with the rabbit hole after that one.......NOPE Got the Harley. I need more pie :D

As for blipping the throttle on a FI bike? There should be no need other than to be annoying and show how Kool you are

Its a sickness I tell ya........ I thought I had got rid of the mod "bug" after the Z06. Nope, got a Gen1. Thought I would be done with the rabbit hole after that one.......NOPE Got the Harley. I need more pie :D

As for blipping the throttle on a FI bike? There should be no need other than to be annoying and show how Kool you are

I would love to know how many HD guys actually modify their suspension, and know how and why, and that can actually ride.
Outside of Bagger Racing, I'de say you fall into a very, Very small percentage of HD riders.

And yet they all seem to do it.......even metric cruiser riders do it.....

I also find it kind of ironic that as soon as a cruiser rider (mostly HD) sees me behind them, they alter their riding stance to become more aggressive as some sort of intimidation method......I've noted this on several occasions and chuckle to myself.......if they only knew......

I also find it kind of ironic that as soon as a cruiser rider (mostly HD) sees me behind them, they alter their riding stance to become more aggressive as some sort of intimidation method......I've noted this on several occasions and chuckle to myself.......if they only knew......

Oh yeah...mean buggin'
lmao
They do that here too

HD guys and kids on 600's seem to be the worst around here. We have a few of the more disruptive MC's here and got forbid someone pass one or even get near them on a group ride.

I would love to know how many HD guys actually modify their suspension, and know how and why, and that can actually ride.
Outside of Bagger Racing, I'd say you fall into a very, Very small percentage of HD riders.

From what I am seeing in the HD forums I completely agree. Many mod the suspension but only for the purpose of a more comfy ride. A few ACTUALLY Ride. The stock HD suspension is a joke at best. Not comfortable, not controllable, will get you in a OH SH1T situation real quick. Especially for those on 12in suspension or that have lowered the bike. I love to cruise comfortable, however I love more to carve the turns and be confident in exactly what the bike is going to do.

Back