What did you do to your other motorcycle today ?

What did I do with my other bikes? Well I pulled the sheet off my RR and sat on it, for 10 minutes. I haven't ridden the sport bike in 8 months probably, it was killing my knees but I have been doing these isometric exercises where you lift your leg up behind you and that has made a huge difference. I could even easily lift my feet up so only my toes were on the pegs, no discomfort! Years ago I used to be able to grab my foot and pull my heel up to my butt, well I can't do that yet but wearing track pants I can do it almost by grabbing the back of seam down at the bottom. I used to just grab the ball of my foot and pull the leg back up.

Flexibility, that's what I'm working on, that and strength in the upper legs. As for the Adventure bike I charged the GPS unit. Nothing worse than a dead LiPO.

Finally got back to working on my Goldwing.
I put together the Traxxion rear shock and spring, and installed and bled the factory hydraulic adjustable preload with a Traxxion stainless steel line.
When I took it apart I noticed that the fluid looked brand new, so someone was trying to do something with the poor factory suspension.
Whatever idiot also managed to Bend the set screw that keeps the shock from partially rotating in the spring, and it pulled out a couple threads when I removed it weeks ago.
I swear, some people shouldn't be allowed to buy tools.
It was a simple drill and tap, fortunately there was enough material, and I cut down a ss allen head, problem solved.
Next, to get it back in, which is simple, then pull the rear wheel, remove the Centramatic balancer(going in the sale pile), remove the tire for a new 90° valve stem, balance it, put it back on, then move to the front.
Hopefully I get to that in the next couple evenings.

20240628_200402.jpg

20240721_185802.jpg

20240628_181625.jpg

20240721_185944.jpg

Last edited:
(Do) to it, actually do something? Ha! After 8 days together with temps ranging from the 60s to the 100s for just under 1,800 Smiles I’m letting her rest while I do the same.

Maybe the Beartooth next? I’ve been over it on the Busa some years back when my son and I went to Yellowstone. But the heat….maybe almost wintertime? The elevation change is from a mile high to almost two miles high. Doesn’t take very long either.

IMG_0900.png

Cool; how about some more details on that bike?
What do you think about it?
Good power? Does the engine put off alot of heat?
That chin spoiler looks good too, like it should have came on it.
Thanks. Its a 2024 Indian FTR Carbon. I've added all of the carbon options along with the Chin Spoiler. The chin spoiler comes on some of the other FTR models so its a factory piece. Its black and not carbon like all the other panels so thinking of doing a real carbon skin on it over the winter. Would be my first time so don't want to mess it up. We will see. Its fun but slow compared to the Busa and R6, but its upright riding and fun little bike. Has about 120 HP and 90ish ft lbs of torque and weights about 515 lbs. Cruise control, navigation, brembo brakes and ohlins suspension.

Thanks. Its a 2024 Indian FTR Carbon. I've added all of the carbon options along with the Chin Spoiler. The chin spoiler comes on some of the other FTR models so its a factory piece. Its black and not carbon like all the other panels so thinking of doing a real carbon skin on it over the winter. Would be my first time so don't want to mess it up. We will see. Its fun but slow compared to the Busa and R6, but its upright riding and fun little bike. Has about 120 HP and 90ish ft lbs of torque and weights about 515 lbs. Cruise control, navigation, brembo brakes and ohlins suspension.

Wow, cruise control too, I didn't expect that, but I like it on a bike, it's great when I have to be on the highway.
It looks comfortable as well.
Thanks for the info.

Today, I've only used it for a table as I get all the parts in to wire my home for the generator. After our recent storms and week at a time without power, I'm not doing the extension cord route again.
Are you putting in a stand by generator?

We have a Generlink connector in our home...it goes on our meter and I just plug in my stand alone Generac generator...it works great.

Are you putting in a stand by generator?

We have a Generlink connector in our home...it goes on our meter and I just plug in my stand alone Generac generator...it works great.
Its not a dedicated standby, its a portable 12000watt but I am making it to work like one. I will still need to take it out and hook up the gas line and run the "jumper cable" from the generator to the plug

I checked the oil on the Honda. The trip was just under 1,800 miles and the odo turned over 37,000. Amsoil is good stuff but I’m still surprised the Honda didn’t use any. 10-12 hours (5-600 miles) were in 100+ degree weather at 75-80 mph. I also found out that the bike leans over way too far on the side stand (for my comfort level) since the new monoshock was installed. I used a small wooden pad on the trip but I’m gonna have to epoxy some more material on the ‘foot’, about a half inch.

Back