Who Rode Today?

I am soooo jonesin for a ride! So, I looked at the temps along the CA and OR coastline. No heat wave there clear to Tillamook!

BAM! Guess where I’m riding. Up and back. The only hot area will be between me and the coast, just a lil over 200 miles. I want to ride the Honda so I’m waiting on getting the new monoshock installed and then I’m gone. Everywhere else I wanted to ride is under the 100+ degree heatwave, everywhere! But not on the coast. Temps in the 60s and 70s. Remember those? :laugh:

I am soooo jonesin for a ride! So, I looked at the temps along the CA and OR coastline. No heat wave there clear to Tillamook!

BAM! Guess where I’m riding. Up and back. The only hot area will be between me and the coast, just a lil over 200 miles. I want to ride the Honda so I’m waiting on getting the new monoshock installed and then I’m gone. Everywhere else I wanted to ride is under the 100+ degree heatwave, everywhere! But not on the coast. Temps in the 60s and 70s. Remember those? :laugh:

Cool
Stock replacement shock, or aftermarket?

Cool
Stock replacement shock, or aftermarket?

The originals were air shocks that went bad right away. Almost no one rebuilds them. I’m replacing a Progressive unit with a new one. I gotta deal, under $700 delivered.

IMG_0350.jpeg

IMG_0349.jpeg

I braved 100 degree temps to ride 84 miles round trip to a Honda dealer in a town 42 miles away. I wanted to meet the owner and service manager and show them the Honda (and then) ask if they were up to replacing the shock. Another dealer and a couple shops had already told me no even though it’s pretty much a generic fix, not unlike many other bikes.

Luckily they loved the bike and I’ll ride back in by 0900 Thursday to get the shock replaced. Hopefully they won’t discover something to delay the swap like bushings or? If all goes well I’m heading to the coast hiway in a few days. Yeeeeaaaaahhhhhhh

On way home from 300km spin, moving Al Ng nicely on a back road after overtaking a car, I noticed 2 X crows ahead on the road. Presumed they'd fly off either left or right over the ditch.
One took off, the other took flight but couldn't decide which way to go and I hit him slap bang with my helmet just above visor.
I can only describe it as being like a blow of a sledgehammer.
I was seeing stars. Had to pull over for couple of minutes to gather myself.
Had a headache for few hours after.
Just happy it didn't cause a spill.

On way home from 300km spin, moving Al Ng nicely on a back road after overtaking a car, I noticed 2 X crows ahead on the road. Presumed they'd fly off either left or right over the ditch.
One took off, the other took flight but couldn't decide which way to go and I hit him slap bang with my helmet just above visor.
I can only describe it as being like a blow of a sledgehammer.
I was seeing stars. Had to pull over for couple of minutes to gather myself.
Had a headache for few hours after.
Just happy it didn't cause a spill.

Glad you didn’t feel so light headed that you fell off the bike. A flock of birds flew into me years ago, actually while riding my old CBX. A couple actually hit my hand and chest. After a few miles I noticed feathers were floating up near my guages so I pulled over. I found a poor half baked bird stuck to the motor right below the oil cooler.

BTW what does ‘Al Ng’ mean? And ‘2 X crows’?

Years and years ago a rider ahead of me hit a crow, he was on a Yamaha XS1100 and wearing an old heavy Bristol leather jacket.....the beak actually cut his chest as it went through the zipper...

I saw a shower of feathers...

He definitely pulled over and was hurting.....I followed him home to make sure he made it.

Glad you didn’t feel so light headed that you fell off the bike. A flock of birds flew into me years ago, actually while riding my old CBX. A couple actually hit my hand and chest. After a few miles I noticed feathers were floating up near my guages so I pulled over. I found a poor half baked bird stuck to the motor right below the oil cooler.

BTW what does ‘Al Ng’ mean? And ‘2 X crows’?
Typo....Al Ng should read "along"
2 x crows.....two crows. Don't know if ye have them there.

What about riding at night? (If it is too hot during the day?) Traffic is low, police is sleepy...

I ride year round, and love to ride at night.
For the last 5 weeks it drops from 90's during the day...to mid 80's at night(one night it dropped to the 70's...one, lol).
No heat directly from the sun...but still no relife, the wind just feels like having a fan blowing 80° air on you.
It's stuffy, and there isn't even cool air crossing creeks and rivers.

[/QUOTE]
I’m glad these don’t fly low. Saw this one inside the Park around 7-8,000’ up. He was perched there as I rode by. Saw him and turned around cause you never know. Sometimes they’re gone and sometimes not. Big azz owl, two feet high. Didn’t look

View attachment 1685321

bothered by my presence either.

Actually, he looks pissed off that you're there
lol

And deer, bears, coyotes, coons and skunks are out crossing roads.
(and drunken dumbf*cks) Very true, my worry as well. In most of the cases that is why I choose highways, in my country all highways are having fences all way long. Two lanes, same direction, headlight makes me equal in comparison of daytime, when I am invisible due to small front.

Back