Who Rode Today?

I got 49 mpg out of my Gen2 when it was new/stock, commuting to work about 56 miles round trip, mostly all highway.
I rode it 5-6 days a week for almost a month.
I ran it up to 150mph by the speedometer, and it rained most all of those days, so I was not aggressive with the throttle.
I filled it up at the same gas pump too, and was very suprised.
After a full exhaust and ecu tune, I got low 40's riding cornservatively, and low 30's riding it correctly, lol.

I got 49 mpg out of my Gen2 when it was new/stock, commuting to work about 56 miles round trip, mostly all highway.
I rode it 5-6 days a week for almost a month.
I ran it up to 150mph by the speedometer, and it rained most all of those days, so I was not aggressive with the throttle.
I filled it up at the same gas pump too, and was very suprised.
After a full exhaust and ecu tune, I got low 40's riding cornservatively, and low 30's riding it correctly, lol.
Where does the extra gas go?

I got gas in W. Yellowstone, the town, and rode every inch of every road inside the Park. Took a long time and I doubt I ever went over 35 mph. I headed out east towards Cody WY and much of it was dirt/mud/gravel road construction. Was awful just creeping along. Fueled up in Cody and got 49 mpg. That was never running into triple digits.

So it's hawdableeve anyone could pull off that kind of mileage at those speeds. It barely needs fuel to simply maintain a certain speed but a c c e l e r a t I n g over and over is quite different.

I got gas in W. Yellowstone, the town, and rode every inch of every road inside the Park. Took a long time and I doubt I ever went over 35 mph. I headed out east towards Cody WY and much of it was dirt/mud/gravel road construction. Was awful just creeping along. Fueled up in Cody and got 49 mpg. That was never running into triple digits.

So it's hawdableeve anyone could pull off that kind of mileage at those speeds. It barely needs fuel to simply maintain a certain speed but a c c e l e r a t I n g over and over is quite different.

The 150 was once, witha few other runs to 120, but not sustained for very long, and not redlining the gears.
The rest was 60-70 mph, and mainly all flat highway.
As said, mostly all rain and a new bike, so very gradual rpm inceease.
Of course I never got that mpg again, lol

Been through Yellowstone once on Labor Day, when I lived in CA. Stuck in traffick for most of it. Not my idea of enjoying nature.

Riding country backroads in NC, you can’t pin the throttle for long, lots of twisties, cars and the possibility of Popo among those cars. So it is mostly 6th gear stuff with occasional bursts for a few seconds. If you have a Busa maintained in pristine condition, you will know it takes seconds to get to 160 in 6th.

I think the worst I have ever gotten on this bike was 44mpg, riding in Robbins with the old bunch here during a Busa Bash, the good old days.

Maybe Gavin Newsom puts too much ethanol in your gas?

Last edited:
IMG_0567.jpeg

IMG_0569.jpeg

I got in 132 Smiles on the Busa today and got 39 mpg. Made a few runs above 125 and cruising speed was around 75-90. Cool day today and I was not expecting it to be so cool. Short sleeve T under a mesh jacket was almost too cool, almost. :) My V1 saved me once and an oncoming biker tapped his helmet for me too. I saw that some serious litter bugs had been on my fav two lanes, one was a couch, another was a pile of about a dozen tires, another was a microwave. These idiots should really get what’s coming to them if they’re ever caught.

As you can see, traffic was just awful on this section of hiway 49…:rolleyes::laugh:

I took a lap out to the dam on the RR where I met a retired geologist there riding a bmw gs-1000. A real traveler, been all over Australia. We shared some stores and discussed Dam siltation and GW etc for a while and then went our separate ways. Him back around the dam where I'd just come from and me out to the highway and home. I really should ride every other day, it's a much nicer experience when you're in the zone all the time and don't have to work your way into it.

Back