Chris Moore has the first gen 3 turbo.

with no intercooler, just c16 for race and 93 regular gas for having fun. I Never melted the engine, but the internal parts was upgraded with wossner Piston, .080 base spacer,Carillo rods, APE cylinder studs, eight injectors set up 4 stock for cruising and for high boost 4 Honda S2000 injectors, last but no least if I'm not mistaken I was using micro tech engine management system.. wow it was 20 yrs ago!!

from a tuning perspective IMO, probably a lot better shot at doing a super charger which has very predictable boost per RPM on a stock ECU. IMO, a turbo is always more fun, but i've never ridden a SC bike, but for me anyway in autos i love turbos more. Boost control is a lot easier IMO on a turbo setup for low an really wild HP without changing any hardware.

Thanks man, that's great to hear coming from you.
I have a '19 f150 3.5 eb, 375hp/490trq, 10spd w 3.55 gears
It is a monster to be a stock pickup.
It's all I can do not to put a tune and bigger intercooler, and turbos/downpipes on it, lol
But, it has a 6yr/100k warranty and maintenance that I don't want to void...so I Need a boosted bike, lol

@smithabusa Do you still have your Gen1 yellow color busa?

Screenshot_20221204-100405_DuckDuckGo.jpg

how many here are actually planning on putting force induction on their busa? just out of curiosity.
I only bought a Gen 3 to turbo it.

I had a 2021 KTM Super Duke 1290r which is a perfect canyon ripper but wasn’t fast enough for me. I still have my road race zx6 that I do track days on but I the drag strip is closer and I can go there twice a week.

F32C34C3-7F19-4BE9-9BDA-4596FD6DF529.jpeg

My last trip to High Plains Raceway and I’m on street tires here passing novice racers like they are standing still.

Tuco posted a link to a map and it says “RUNNING PUMP GAS 99OCT RON”. I don’t know anything about the difference between fuel in Europe vs US but there are differences in fuel across the states so I’m not sure what that gas is he used. In Colorado we only have 85/87/91 octane.

I agree at some point it’s not a fair comparison but at this point I feel this- me on my bike with a TTS kit would be faster than me on my bike with the HTP kit as it’s been presented.

Also Magic Mike owned a shop local to me called Quik Cycles. He had turbo Busas that maxed out his 500 whp dyno, built a ton of the road racers motors, and was the local Pirelli Race tire rep so he was at all the road races. Super nice guy and he moved from here with his wife and two kids to work for Chris. I’ll try to dig up one of his old dyno videos but I was so happy to see when he got a Gen 3 Busa. He was riding an old ass R1 before that.
Mike still building race motors is what I heard. Just not with CM$.
A super cool dude who I’d like to see have his own youtube. He’s a down to earth guy and will talk to anyone about building big power, it’s a shame he and Cris separated for the most part.

A super cool dude who I’d like to see have his own youtube. He’s a down to earth guy and will talk to anyone about building big power, it’s a shame he and Cris separated for the most part.

When did he leave there?
Within the last few months?

I am extremely shocked no one here has noticed the cheap airfilter they placed on the Turbo. I'm sure they could've put a nice sprint conical filter on there instead of an oiled vibrant filter

With a GOOD electric fuel pump.... amazing things are becoming possible. Some people are using the Bugatti chiron fuel pump that made 1500HP in a street car. A simple bosch 44 will support 700HP on c16. It depends on application. A 600HP busa bike is a 50K dollar investment. at least.... more if u want to do little nice touches elsewhere(ceramic caoting the turbo system/ ceramic engine bearins/ ceramic wheel bearings).................................... If u want more than 300HP... u have to build a motor. Pistons/rods/1/2 inch studs/ strong valve springs... the works. Superchargers arent common in this country and the only guy to really talk to would be DAS in massachusetts. I dont even know if he would wanna be involved with a TTS kit though, you might wanna reach out if you insist on a blower. Comparing this 370HP blower kit to the HTP kit probably isnt even fair. The HTP kit would allow a person to turn it up and make other changes to make more power. anyhow... You are limited to 300HP unless u build a strong motor. It gets expensive(expensive to ME ANYWAY... i consider 40/50/60/70K alot of money). Getting an engine builder/forced induction expert involved at this price point/level makes the most sense. Building a strong motor is anywhere from 4-20K. You have to decide if u want more than 300HP and that will dicatate alot of things. Building a motor and committing to a power level is a big decision. I gave TTS a hard time because he did a simpe base spacer to a STOCK busa motor and turned it up to 370HP. Thats ALOT of power for stock pistons. I asked him about top speed and 1.5 mile long runs becuase 18 pounds is alot of boost and im curiuos if the stock pistons/motor will survive a LONG ass full throttle pull to top speed. and how many times a stock motor can survive 18 pounds of boost and WOT pulls to top speed with his setup.

But shouldn't any good turbo bike tuner be able to tune a supercharger?
The boost is linear and consistent too, I would think it would be easier, and the hp is lower.
I wonder if the TTS kit comes with a base map/mail in ecu flash, to start it on?

Oh I didn’t know they parted ways. I had Mike do some work to my 2013 gsxr 1000 and he was the best shop in Colorado to me. He’s an awesome guy for sure.

Him being gone is the reason I’m doing all the work on my bike myself. He was working really hard here. His wife was on the board of our road race org, he was at the road races as the Pirelli race tire vendor, running his shop on the daily, and doing some drag racing. His shop was always full of bikes and massive stacks of Pirelli slicks.

Oh I didn’t know they parted ways. I had Mike do some work to my 2013 gsxr 1000 and he was the best shop in Colorado to me. He’s an awesome guy for sure.

Him being gone is the reason I’m doing all the work on my bike myself. He was working really hard here. His wife was on the board of our road race org, he was at the road races as the Pirelli race tire vendor, running his shop on the daily, and doing some drag racing. His shop was always full of bikes and massive stacks of Pirelli slicks.
I met Mike and Chris Marina84 when they were down on their way to Mexico… I talked to these guys for the entire time they were there. Chris and I had emailed and talked on the phone about plans for my then GSXS1000 and my GSXR750 a lot before meeting in person. Mike and I met at Marina84 and we talked, well, he talked and I listened lol… by then I’d had my Gen3 and Mike had just got his and just added the M4 exhaust and had some sound advice on building it should I wanted to do so and I was all ears. By the time I walked away from the trailer I’d met both wives who were super cool as well and people thought I was part of their crew because they were asking me where the roll races were going to be… of course I said “Mexico” lol.
Super cool team those two, too bad they aren’t under the same roof.

But shouldn't any good turbo bike tuner be able to tune a supercharger?
The boost is linear and consistent too, I would think it would be easier, and the hp is lower.
I wonder if the TTS kit comes with a base map/mail in ecu flash, to start it on?
Yes a good tuner should be able to tune both. Tuco posted this link a few pages back and that’s where I copied what fuel TTS stated they were using. Good find @TucoSalimonca

Also good point about an electric fuel pump. I should have realized DME’s response to me only included the mechanical fuel pump they sell.

Maybe I’ll have to seriously consider spending the money to be able to run methanol with an electric fuel pump and buy the HTP kit.

The idea of using methanol seems like a massive pain to me. I’d rather use e85 for the street and track. I’ll wait some to see what RCC comes out with but I’m not waiting a year for him.

Hi. I will be using VP-M1. I will be using ID's 1050 on the bottom and ID's 2600 on top.
Michael is using $2000 in fuel injectors for M1 which makes sense for his build but I’m not sure it makes sense for 500 hp.

I just posted this short on another thread but Methanol makes me think of this hahaha

Back