Chris Moore has the first gen 3 turbo.

I don't think this thing is making anywhere near 600hp right now. No way in hell is he putting down 600 on a street in Mexico. A prepped track yes, but I bet he is probably around 350-400 right now. It looks fast because it is on a properly setup bike with a professional. He has gearing to allow him to use the bikes power to put down numbers. That two step he is running allowed for an erotic feeling to occur.

Saying “in Mexico” is beyond played out and I wouldn’t put any weight into how fast a speedometer moves.

In the live chat he said they turned up the boost to 22 psi which was estimated by the builder and tuner Cecil at HTP to be 500 hp. That statement should be based on BSFC of the fuel and estimated by the ecu.

Chris Moore is funding the project so he will take a cut of the the profits or split them.

If it made 300 whp on wastegate/3psi and 9 psi on e85. C16 is $25/ gallon and mr12 is $38/ gallon plus tax. What fuel is he using to handle 22+ psi with no intercooler?

TTS claimed using pump fuel on 17 psi and did not do a fully built motor. At first they just did a base spacer and studs. Later I think they did pistons and rods to be safer but didn’t look too make more power. So of course the end result will be slower.

HTP has a Rottler CNC for head work. That’s probably a $200,000 machine.

I hate click bait and Chris Moore feels like a click bait type of guy. I’m sure he’s a nice person in real life but this is my perception.

Do you guys still think he’s a tuner and builder? He’s not. He’s a jockey, but you guys keep sucking that D.

If I buy this kit it’s coming from the builder HTP who was also in Florida to tune the bike. I’m glad Moore is funding this and the testing looks good to me.

As he said it’s going to be crazy expensive. The TTS kit is $5,000. I’d hope spending three times that would result in better performance.

On pump gas vs the TTS kit on pump gas I’d bet a TTS bike would win.

I don't think this thing is making anywhere near 600hp right now. No way in hell is he putting down 600 on a street in Mexico. A prepped track yes, but I bet he is probably around 350-400 right now. It looks fast because it is on a properly setup bike with a professional. He has gearing to allow him to use the bikes power to put down numbers. That two step he is running allowed for an erotic feeling to occur.
Erotic feeling indeed. Hahaha that’s the best typo ever. :laugh::devil:

The bike would be more likely to spin on the street vs a prepped track where it would wheelie hard. My gsxr 1000 would power wheelie at the drag strip when I clicked into third gear.

Oh as we can see it’s perfectly fine to tune on the street. They made all of the baseline pulls on the dyno and turned it up in the real world (track or street doesn’t matter in this case). That is how all of the fast car guys do it. There is no point in breaking parts or shooting for a “record” on a dyno.

Ooooooh this sounds like you’re getting old….Rage against the dying of the light.
Sadly, there's no "getting" about it anymore....

However, I can still take the old yellow beast out and put it through it's paces when needed...

I've often thought of getting one of these new 400's to use on the back roads as I think they'd be stellar out there..

It’s big koungrys persona lol

lol, yeah, not a fan.
I watched a few minutes of one of his videos, no thankyou, not for me.
And, with no disrepect to CM, BK regulary reffers to him as 'one of the greatest riders in the world'. Uh, no...one of the greatest drag racers in the world(can't deny world records), but a 'rider' can do it all, left and right turns, and controlled wheelies.
Even Rossi admitted who the greatest riders are...Isle of Mann TT...

lol, yeah, not a fan.
And, with no disrepect to CM, BK regulary reffers to him as 'one of the greatest riders in the world'. Uh, no...one of the greatest drag racers in the world(can't deny world records), but a 'rider' can do it all, left and right turns, and controlled wheelies.
Exactly… Amen to that :bowdown:

One of the YouTube comments made a good point: that bike completely overwhelms the stock speedometer. I can't even remember if there are aftermarket dials out there, but Smithabusa could probably sync the indicator to a 300 mph dial...

lol, yeah, not a fan.
Hell, I just worry about the guys safety. I get that drag racing puts a premium on lightweight leathers, but that tissue paper he's wearing would not do much for any kind of dismount over 150, and God help you if it's a high side.

lol, yeah, not a fan.
You are who your friends are… The more people treat Chris Moore like a God, the less I like him.

One of the YouTube comments made a good point: that bike completely overwhelms the stock speedometer. I can't even remember if there are aftermarket dials out there, but Smithabusa could probably sync the indicator to a 300 mph dial...
The speedometer takes the front wheel speed sensor as an input so it’s not jumping up like that based on the rear tire spinning. My guess is they just don’t have that part figured out yet.

Look at the mileage, it shows 000001 at the beginning and the end of the video. Seems to me like @smithabusa has the dash figured out before HTP! Kudos Greg.

I’m not interested in figuring out the stock dash and want a digital speedometer. That was a big driver for why I went with a Fueltech.

I’ve also downloaded the Motec software and prefer the Maxx MTune. If you’re wanting to keep it like a stock bike, having access to the results of Greg’s work makes the Maxx a no brainier to me.

I’m sure they will get the Motec to control the dash properly but I don’t feel the cost of Motec is worth the results.

Back