Chris Moore has the first gen 3 turbo.

Tuning a blower should be a lot easier than a turbo bike IMO
It is. Blower boost is engine RPM dependent, period. There isn’t much in the form of variable outside of that. Obviously load/gear changes a little bit, but the blower will be spinning X amount of RPM every time the engine is spinning at X amount of rpm. There’s not the open ended variable of exhaust velocity ramp rate back pressure etc to deal with. I’m sure if you’re going just WOT tuning they re pretty much the same but for roll racing and street riding a blower is much easier to tune for

(all data coming from the car world so I’m assuming its the same lololol)

It is. Blower boost is engine RPM dependent, period. There isn’t much in the form of variable outside of that. Obviously load/gear changes a little bit, but the blower will be spinning X amount of RPM every time the engine is spinning at X amount of rpm. There’s not the open ended variable of exhaust velocity ramp rate back pressure etc to deal with. I’m sure if you’re going just WOT tuning they re pretty much the same but for roll racing and street riding a blower is much easier to tune for

(all data coming from the car world so I’m assuming its the same lololol)
It's definitely the same. Fueltech just needs to know if the engine is a rotary or piston and the number of cylinders.

You can also enter your BSFC for an estimated power reading. I believe 1000 lb/hr on Gas is about 1000 hp.

1675020375160.png

Didn’t see much from EJRs Busa. I’d like to how that thing performs as it’s Max effort in the weight loss dept that’s for sure.
Weight loss I know isn’t cheap but is probably a damn good place to start on any bike.

I knew Moore would show out for ZukNation!!

Adams bike is a 18X 1/2 mile bike
CM had 40 on him at the half
40-220 half mile bike is making some serious good time power. I know it has all the wheelie and TC tech but imagine if it had 12” More in the wheelbase
(IG: BoostedCatfish)
View attachment 1661904
I’m absolutely dying to know the specs of everything and what fuel he’s running. Especially what fuel.

Super long wheelbase isn’t good for roll racing and mile length. The street or airport runway where most of those events are held don’t have glue so you’d just spin the tire with big power and a long wheelbase. Originally I was going to get a 4-8” arm and am going to go with a 2-6” over now but I’ll probably start at stock wheelbase and see what happens.

Reactions: pcs
Didn’t see much from EJRs Busa. I’d like to how that thing performs as it’s Max effort in the weight loss dept that’s for sure.
Weight loss I know isn’t cheap but is probably a damn good place to start on any bike.

I knew Moore would show out for ZukNation!!
Yeah I was hoping to see more from Evan too, but he did say he was basically just going down for data and his bike would be out and on kill later this year. I’m excited to see what he gets Progno’s busa to do full Stroker max effort. He had Leonidas moving out hard af too

I’m absolutely dying to know the specs of everything and what fuel he’s running. Especially what fuel.

Super long wheelbase isn’t good for roll racing and mile length. The street or airport runway where most of those events are held don’t have glue so you’d just spin the tire with big power and a long wheelbase. Originally I was going to get a 4-8” arm and am going to go with a 2-6” over now but I’ll probably start at stock wheelbase and see what happens.

Seems like all of the big guys down in FL/TX are all 62-66” wheelbase bikes. STPI/Brett 60’Killa seem to swear by that on their 230 mph 1/2 mile bikes. I know it’s easy to go too long, but no doubt 4-6“ would have surely helped

Agreed and I was definitely expecting more.

I should clarify the work they have done to create a billet plenum, which is a work of art, is very good.

DME also released a billet plenum with a single throttle body- it’s $7,500. Good luck justifying that cost to make 400 whp.

Hi. DME offered to make me one but I went with RCC's. I payed $3850.00 but had to have it modified to fit the ID 2600cc injedtors. The Gen 3 motor is still just a Gen 1 or 2 with a few changes. I would buy one if I could for $5000.00.

Seems like all of the big guys down in FL/TX are all 62-66” wheelbase bikes. STPI/Brett 60’Killa seem to swear by that on their 230 mph 1/2 mile bikes. I know it’s easy to go too long, but no doubt 4-6“ would have surely helped
That’s what she said lol.

I thought you said 12” more in the wheelbase. I measured my stock wheelbase to be 36” front + 23” rear = 59”.

Do you find more of these guys on Instagram than Facebook? I’m thinking about creating an account.

Yeah stock is like 58.5 according to Suzuki or something. I did say 12” but was forgetting we were talking about roll bikes for a second.

Yeah IG is where it’s at for roll racing stuff. JLuck517 when you make one. I’ll share the good accounts to look at with you lol

I’ve emailed Scott and he will definitely build a kit for the Gen 3 if you ship him your bike. He can’t do a mail order option yet.

He used to post on here, years ago.

I had a bad deal with HTP years ago. I won’t go back.
What do you think of their kit? No intercooler and they are probably going to charge a lot for the plenum. The original advertisement said 500+ hp and the first video was 300whp on pump gas, 385ish on e85 if I recall correctly. I’ll have to see the price but I want a turbo kit and would like to just buy once vs starting with a stage 1 and upgrading later.

A lot of car guys run no intercooler and methanol so this kit seems more in line with that but I’m just trying to make sense of it all and be a well informed buyer. I’d like to hear your perspective if you don’t mind.

I’m not thinking of a drag only setup. Most of the 1/4 drag only guys seem to have no intercooler and methanol but I could be wrong.

I’m just looking for other perspectives for how I intend to use my bike. I’ll use it on the street a bit, drag strip, and mile racing. Mostly track use but I still like to ride on the street some.

I know @GMbusa mentioned in another post the most important part is a tuner who tunes for how you’re using the bike. I’m tuning it myself and have a standalone.

Because there are no other turbo kits out I’m considering using methanol and buying this kit. I’ve already added up the costs and to me it’s dumb but if that’s what it takes then so be it. I’m not waiting a year for RCC.

I’ll have to see what they are charging to have an accurate assessment but I can price out the fuel system now based on target hp and fuel type.

If this kit is targeted at people who are looking for a race oriented build, well that’s right up my alley. I could race on methanol and run e85 on the street.

Back