EV vehicles

Hydrogen has a rough path ahead. Better check out the price to fuel with hydrogen. Oh and ask Toyota how their hydrogen Mirai worked out. I’m all for a mix of renewables in this space but it’s gonna be a while before hydro can catch up to EV sales

Hydrogen has a rough path ahead. Better check out the price to fuel with hydrogen. Oh and ask Toyota how their hydrogen Mirai worked out. I’m all for a mix of renewables in this space but it’s gonna be a while before hydro can catch up to EV sales
They all face the same struggle. A robust network of fueling options is needed.

In a similar vein of discussion and one I found very plausible. The Class 8 trucks all use the same battery pack. And instead of waiting to recharge you simply enter a fueling facility, your battery gets swapped out in about 5 minutes.

Truck leaves, spent batteries are recharged there at the facility.

This solves a lot of problems doing it like this.

This generation of ev's are not efficient enough either.
Better stick with gas/electric hybrids.

Great...now how about the infastructure?
That needs work even without EV's.
?? Why would we need EV infrastructure without EV's? That said, unless Springfield MO is on the leading edge, and that would have me looking for pigs flying, the infrastructure is in place and growing. I drove to Massachusetts and back this last week and saw plenty of Teslas on I-70, right among the gassers. Charging stations at the filling stations. I'd say the infrastructure is coming along just fine.

?? Why would we need EV infrastructure without EV's? That said, unless Springfield MO is on the leading edge, and that would have me looking for pigs flying, the infrastructure is in place and growing. I drove to Massachusetts and back this last week and saw plenty of Teslas on I-70, right among the gassers. Charging stations at the filling stations. I'd say the infrastructure is coming along just fine.

Well, one small example, Texas, the winter before last, mass power outages, for days, as even with their wind and solar subsidaries, they still could not keep up the power demand to heat all of the houses and buildings.
I don't care how many charging stations that you see; ...where do you think the charging stations get Their Power from??

Well, one small example, Texas, the winter before last, mass power outages, for days, as even with their wind and solar subsidaries, they still could not keep up the power demand to heat all of the houses and buildings.
I don't care how many charging stations that you see; ...where do you think the charging stations get Their Power from??
Much like Bee was doing earlier in this conversation, you point out an incident, during the winter, where the utility companies had an opportunity to learn and improve. Summer creates problems too with the air conditioning demand. There will be other incidents as well in the future, especially in Canada, which Bee makes sound like the North Pole lol, but to scrap the EV idea because of isolated occurrences makes zero sense, at least to me. Yes, the charging stations get the power from the grid, but they have been accounted for, not haphazardly added to the electrical loads of the city. I absolutely understand not wanting to abandon gas powered vehicles. I don't think that should be part of the plan, but to add a large segment of EVs to our transportation needs sounds like progress.

Last edited:
Much like Bee was doing earlier in this conversation, you point out an incident, during the winter, where the utility companies had an opportunity to learn and improve. Summer creates problems too with the air conditioning demand. There will be other incidents as well in the future, especially in Canada, which Bee makes sound like the North Pole lol, but to scrap the EV idea because of isolated occurrences makes zero sense, at least to me. Yes, the charging stations get the power from the grid, but they have been accounted for, not haphazardly added to the electrical loads of the city. I absolutely understand not wanting to abandon gas powered vehicles. I don't think that should be part of the plan, but to add a large segment of EVs to our transportation needs sounds like progress.

Progress is not putting the cart before the horse.

Progress is not putting the cart before the horse.
Well, I just explained why I think that’s not true. The horse, infrastructure, is firmly ahead of the cart, EVs, in the larger cities.
You in turn ignore it rather than counter.
Good day my friend.
I SAID GOOD DAY!! :laugh:

Well, I just explained why I think that’s not true. The horse, infrastructure, is firmly ahead of the cart, EVs, in the larger cities.
You in turn ignore it rather than counter.
Good day my friend.
I SAID GOOD DAY!! :laugh:

You can have your opinion, and I can have mine.
and key words...larger cities.
Have you ever driven across this country? It's pretty vast...lots of wide open and long distances to any civilazation.

Have you ever driven across this country? It's pretty vast...lots of wide open and long distances to any civilazation.

I drove to Massachusetts and back this last week and saw plenty of Teslas on I-70, right among the gassers. Charging stations at the filling stations. I'd say the infrastructure is coming along just fine.
Seems you don't really read my posts. I make that drive about 4 times a year. So, again, let's go riding. This evening looks perfect.

Last edited:
Come on up and live here for a while to see the real picture of our our electrical power grid is crumbling and not being enhanced as one would lead you to believe.....and how the kw/hr rate is skyrocketing....there have been estimates that over the course of time, charging an EV will be as much or more money than putting gas in a tank...

...and if we know anything about our governments, they don't do anything for either goodness of their hearts or for the goodness of the planet or it's inhabitants....they do it for financial gain......

However that all being said, we have to do something.......but what is the question.....EV aren't the answer...

What we really need to do is change human way of thinking and living to greatly reduce the need for vehicles in the first place.....but we know that isn't reality.

Come on up and live here for a while to see the real picture of our our electrical power grid is crumbling and not being enhanced as one would lead you to believe.....and how the kw/hr rate is skyrocketing....there have been estimates that over the course of time, charging an EV will be as much or more money than putting gas in a tank...

...and if we know anything about our governments, they don't do anything for either goodness of their hearts or for the goodness of the planet or it's inhabitants....they do it for financial gain......

However that all being said, we have to do something.......but what is the question.....EV aren't the answer...

What we really need to do is change human way of thinking and living to greatly reduce the need for vehicles in the first place.....but we know that isn't reality.
The moment the private sector can see going green as profitable, the problem will solve itself.

Not just interstates, lots of not alot in between them all.
You and sixpack both have a form of absolutism about this. I'm not, and most EV backers are not of the mindset that EVs are ready to be our only form of transportation, but what better platform to try than the big cities, in your case Montreal, Toronto, Vancouver? This isn't worth arguing over, really. We are tiny atoms in the world. It'll sort itself out without our grandiose theories. Looks like another great day for riding, here in southwest Missouri, anyway.

Back