EV vehicles

You and sixpack both have a form of absolutism about this. I'm not, and most EV backers are not of the mindset that EVs are ready to be our only form of transportation, but what better platform to try than the big cities, in your case Montreal, Toronto, Vancouver? This isn't worth arguing over, really. We are tiny atoms in the world. It'll sort itself out without our grandiose theories. Looks like another great day for riding, here in southwest Missouri, anyway.
Both our governments are pushing for legislation to make EV mainstream platform....this tells me they have little interest in having ICE and EV working alongside one another...they (the government) will drive fuel prices to an unreachable level which will force the population into EV.....even if EV isn't viable.

Both our governments are pushing for legislation to make EV mainstream platform....this tells me they have little interest in having ICE and EV working alongside one another...they (the government) will drive fuel prices to an unreachable level which will force the population into EV.....even if EV isn't viable.
I don't keep tabs on what Canada is doing, but the U.S. is pushing for cleaner exhaust emission standards, not a wipe out of gasoline powered vehicles. It's a must do. Whatever platform we end up with, and for the near future, hybrids look like a contender, we have to lower the pollutants coming from transportation exhaust.
It's been proven many times that even taking into account battery production, recycling and the electricity used in charging, electric vehicles, over the life of the vehicle are about 60% cleaner. They aren't ready yet, the main issues being range and charging time, but the field is rapidly advancing. Our government knows to be patient, that EV technology is in a crazy growing stage, but is at least looking in the right direction.

I don't keep tabs on what Canada is doing, but the U.S. is pushing for cleaner exhaust emission standards, not a wipe out of gasoline powered vehicles. It's a must do. Whatever platform we end up with, and for the near future, hybrids look like a contender, we have to lower the pollutants coming from transportation exhaust.
It's been proven many times that even taking into account battery production, recycling and the electricity used in charging, electric vehicles, over the life of the vehicle are about 60% cleaner. They aren't ready yet, the main issues being range and charging time, but the field is rapidly advancing. Our government knows to be patient, that EV technology is in a crazy growing stage, but is at least looking in the right direction.
Above all this, we must remember EV are not built with renewable resources and with time copper and other required metals will be harder to find.

If we look at modern ICE, they put out very little exhaust emissions.....however something needs to be done........"what" is the big question.......

As for Canada, there is a big push to shut all ICE production in the near future.....that to me is a big push towards EV........a platform the general public isn't ready for.

Above all this, we must remember EV are not built with renewable resources and with time copper and other required metals will be harder to find.

If we look at modern ICE, they put out very little exhaust emissions.....however something needs to be done........"what" is the big question.......

As for Canada, there is a big push to shut all ICE production in the near future.....that to me is a big push towards EV........a platform the general public isn't ready for.
Hi. YES we must stop all oil use NOW. We must stot all ice cas truck and even big rigs too. We do not care if we can neve get anything that we need. It would be good to get back to the stone age where we started.

Without Diesel fuel, mining, farming, and trucking grinds to a stop, so they will support that as long as they can. Gasoline though makes up 35~45% of every oil barrel so you either toss that away (where) or allow it to be sold for cars. It has no other use. Now those are the real world constraints on oil and everything else is just political BS. When oil went to $148 a barrel in 2007 the world ground to a financial halt. In fact anything over about $100 is an economy killer. Believing that we can transition even 10% to EV is an exercise in futility, it won't happen, EV's consume too much oil and diesel in their making and we're running out of time. The whole EV debacle was just an attempt to convince people we weren't running out of time. It worked too! Everyone believed we could get off oil by making cars out of oil that only last 10 years.

Without Diesel fuel, mining, farming, and trucking grinds to a stop, so they will support that as long as they can. Gasoline though makes up 35~45% of every oil barrel so you either toss that away (where) or allow it to be sold for cars. It has no other use. Now those are the real world constraints on oil and everything else is just political BS. When oil went to $148 a barrel in 2007 the world ground to a financial halt. In fact anything over about $100 is an economy killer. Believing that we can transition even 10% to EV is an exercise in futility, it won't happen, EV's consume too much oil and diesel in their making and we're running out of time. The whole EV debacle was just an attempt to convince people we weren't running out of time. It worked too! Everyone believed we could get off oil by making cars out of oil that only last 10 years.
What does it take to build gasoline powered cars? Twinkies? The only debacle is you trying to put together a thought with all that noise in your head.

I finally saw something worse looking than Tesla’s truck, a brown Tesla truck. We were passing each other so I couldn’t get a pic. The paint job did not look professional, could’ve been a wrap I suppose. Just looked awful.

Not a vehicle but you should have seen the neighbor's battery powered lawn mower smoking while he was cutting grass the other day......

Needless to say....it is only a year old and now scrap......he said he was scared to death to pull out the battery...

I finally saw something worse looking than Tesla’s truck, a brown Tesla truck. We were passing each other so I couldn’t get a pic. The paint job did not look professional, could’ve been a wrap I suppose. Just looked awful.

How about white then?
lmao

Screenshot_20240730-140832_Facebook.jpg

I remember hearing from the fanboys here how TESLA is selling and producing and blah blah blah.

The rest of us are just to stupid to see reality.

So here's some reality.

7 years! Is this a mis-print?

Hey India. There's about 100,000 here in the states sitting on lots. Come get em.

Not a vehicle but you should have seen the neighbor's battery powered lawn mower smoking while he was cutting grass the other day......

Needless to say....it is only a year old and now scrap......he said he was scared to death to pull out the battery...
Quite a contrast with my Kobalt 40v push mower, weed eater, pole saw and chain saw. All use the same same battery, no oil or air filter changes, no mixing 2t fuel, no problem. I’ve charged the battery somewhere in the ballpark of 200 times. My point is sometimes things go great. It puts a tiny crease in your agenda, not that you or your neighbors would notice.

Quite a contrast with my Kobalt 40v push mower, weed eater, pole saw and chain saw. All use the same same battery, no oil or air filter changes, no mixing 2t fuel, no problem. I’ve charged the battery somewhere in the ballpark of 200 times. My point is sometimes things go great. It puts a tiny crease in your agenda, not that you or your neighbors would notice.
I have all battery powered hand tools with zero issues other than needing new batteries from time to time.

Sometimes a lemon slips through and his EGO 40V lawn mower must be one. Normally they make good products and his battery fits all the same things as you describe.

I've found with battery weed whackers that after a while the battery last less and less time whereas my gas weed whacker is consistent each and every time I use it.

I've found with battery weed whackers that after a while the battery last less and less time whereas my gas weed whacker is consistent each and every time I use it.
I haven't seen that at all with the Kobalt. It's my favorite yard power tool. No idling, quiet, plenty powerful, head works great. Haven't sold the old gas one yet.

(the government) will drive fuel prices to an unreachable level which will force the population into EV.....even if EV isn't viable.
Do you remember when ethanol fuel came out, and it was a bit cheaper than Gas? The meme was that as more and more came online it would get cheaper and cheaper (Because it's Renewable) As time passed and Gas went up, so did Ethanol based fuel. Why? Because it's basically made with distilled with and shipped with fossil fuel inputs. Fertilizer not the least of them. If oil doubles in price, Gasoline doubles too, and so does the cost of an EV, and the cost of charging it probably.

There is no free lunch, and oil can't double in price, not without the global economy collapsing like it did back in 2008. The trillions in bailouts papered over the mess of that event but it was only the rapid collapse in oil prices that allowed us to go back to business as usual.

I’m thinking that oil, being a finite resource, at the rate we’re using it, will finally deplete, I’m guessing well before humans are extinct.
That’s why we need to begin to explore our options, not for us but future generations.

Hi. Look we will clean the air even if we have to kill everyone tp do it.!

When the governments talk carbon footprint and the need to reduce ICE vehicles....

They need to really start taking air and sea travel into the equation as well...the carbon footprint of an individual taking a sea cruise is huge....

Back