EV vehicles

Where do you live then, let me look it up for you?
No need.......contrary to what you might think......I'm not a child and have already looked it up....

This doesn't mean it is being followed nor does it mean that it won't be amended to adjust to emerging technology and capability....

I personally could care less what ebikes do.....as long as someone doesn't get run over by an idiot riding it.....

If they do something stupid on the roadways they never win against a vehicle.

I would think a semi-professional bicycle rider such as yourself would view an e-bike as an abomination and be more geared towards humans pedaling bicycles...

Here is the thing....
You keep polluting this board with non-motorcycle topics, which is fine. But almost all of them have controversy in them.

Darn, I can't even post a motorcycle thread about gas consumption without getting an argument from you that two exactly same motorcycles have totally different gas consumptions. You make these kind of statements without any analysis of perhaps technically what the reason for your belief is, it just is what you tell us you know. No explanation why.
Welcome to the internet....and by the way, I started this thread.....but you don't hear me belly-aching that you are in here polluting it....

If you don't like it.....don't post in it.....simple......

You are not scared to block people....do yourself a favor and ignore me.

I would think a semi-professional bicycle rider such as yourself would view an e-bike as an abomination and be more geared towards humans pedaling bicycles...
Yes, I would never own an e-bike. But as I said before, I have a lot of friends who served, we are a tight knit group and some of them can't keep up without help. They respect that, enjoy the company and stay at the back of the group. Some of them have injuries from service, which is a disadvantage. Once guy has no legs, uses his arms in a chair, we take him along and make turns to push. Think I have a photo of that somewhere. These are the guys who you said would never let me into their group BTW.

No need.......contrary to what you might think......I'm not a child and have already looked it up....

This doesn't mean it is being followed nor does it mean that it won't be amended to adjust to emerging technology and capability....

I personally could care less what ebikes do.....as long as someone doesn't get run over by an idiot riding it.....

If they do something stupid on the roadways they never win against a vehicle.

Give me break.

You are the kind of guy who would argue that the sky is green, to the end of the world, just because you can't accept that sometimes you are wrong and it will prevent you from accepting the truth.

First we needed regulations, now you know we have regulations, you find reasons why they cannot be followed.

Do you have no shame?

This is a very easy fix for you and your being tired of my incessant hammering......

Don't bother coming into this thread...I at no time have remotely entered into your computer and brought you to this thread...

I'm not steamrolling.......and I'm not alone in this thread....I would wager there are many others who feel the same way as I do but don't bother posting.....

I only say what I feel and if it doesn't fit your narrative, I can't help you there.

You drive and ride an ICE vehicle right?

Enough said right there.
LOL you implied I was upset. You seem way more out of sorts than me. It’s fun to pick your anti EV comments apart so I’ll continue.
I didn’t ask at any point for your help in understanding your one sided simplistic view.
Yes I ride and drive internal combustion vehicles. It’s apparently some sort of determining factor for you, although it has zero to do with the merits of electric vehicles.

You are not scared to block people....do yourself a favor and ignore me.
You provide way to much entertainment, which I do not want to miss out on. Left field and unrealistic as it may be, it gives me plenty chuckles to look into the mind of someone who reasons the way you do.

The other guy.... Not so much.

Here we go, let's make MotoGp an olympic event. :D:D

You provide way to much entertainment, which I do not want to miss out on. Left field and unrealistic as it may be, it gives me plenty chuckles to look into the mind of someone who reasons the way you do.

Who’s the other guy?

Why, Aprilia, of course lol
Hi. Bet you guys can not we it untill we get 80,000 lbs electric trucks. People in Ma pay money on there electric bills for charging stations. We will soon ban all diesel trucks too. Ma. will save the world! We will not be able to much on time but we will save the world.

Hi. Bet you guys can not we it untill we get 80,000 lbs electric trucks. People in Ma pay money on there electric bills for charging stations. We will soon ban all diesel trucks too. Ma. will save the world! We will not be able to much on time but we will save the world.
Hi. I beleave we need 3 windmils at sea to equal 1 on land. So will there powet cost 3 times as much? Also does anyone know what % of time they work. I do not think that we will ever get 100% of our power from wind and sun. I am not aginst wind and sun power as I and my daughter have sola power in our houses. She has them on her house and barn We have a sola ground field.

I take it that you quoted my post because you were speaking to me. I agree diesels are not as big a problem as gasoline powered cars. It’s cleaner and the new particulate filter technology in the exhaust make them much safer. Diesels are also more efficient.
Diesels should not be banned and I believe the threat will not be carried out, at least in the next 30 years. Backup technology is not ready. A lot of energy is going into advancing it, but to put a timeline on the switch right now is not using common sense.

I ask all 3 of them seperately months ago what kind of gas mileage that they got.
All 3 said said 46mpg, and that is just driving everywhere
My wife has a 2023 Rav-4 as well, only hers is the regular gas powered 4 cylinder. It gets 28 mpg, and low 30's
Well you didn't say if those 3 were plug in hybrids or not, so it's hard to ascertain what's going on? They do get better mileage but not due to the battery side of it, only the plugins get that. Also most hybrid variants have a lower capacity engine than the ice version. What capacity is your wife's, and the hybrid version? The only reason my sisters is so efficient is that most of the time it's cruising on the low power combustion engine. That and super high tire pressures. If she put here foot down a bit it would be a whole other story.

You ever come up a dual carriageway and see about 8 cars stuck behind a slow moving truck? That bewildered me for a long time until I realized that the drivers weren't all senile, they were just driving gutless modern cars and were afraid to overtake. I drive a V6, a small jap crossover but it has 225 Hp, I pull out and take 3 or 4 at a time down a short straight. I could often take them all if it weren't for the fact that my speed would be too high at the end of the run, too much risk of one of the end ones pulling out on me. And while the hybrids do better for such than a small ice of equal engine size the people that buy them aren't typically very self-confident on the road. Oh they think they are confident, as long as they're under the speed limit and proximity cruise control is on, as long as they SLOW down for corners and all that. But most would sh!t themselves if they has to pull out and pass more than one car. I'm sure half the ones that do have their eyes closed, just in case :rolleyes:

It's why I love being on the bikes. You don't have to worry about any of that, or double lines. Double lines up short straights are for cars that can't accelerate like a magnum round and pass safely. A high powered motorcycle is exempt. At least that's the conclusion I came to when they resurfaced a lot of the roads around here and put in Double lines where there were previously dashed lines. It's a Woke thing to cater for gutless woke cars and doesn't apply to me, obviously!

Last edited:
This is a very easy fix for you and your being tired of my incessant hammering......

Don't bother coming into this thread...
Careful BB, you'll be branded as a Bigot! And then a racist and antisemite.

WOKE NIKE.jpg

Last edited:

Why not introduce motor sports into the olympics.....these riders/drivers train just as many hours and intensity as any other athlete...

Their vehicles are already regulated and set up per a preset specification so the real advantage is on the shoulders of the rider/driver and trainers who guide them.....

Yes, I would never own an e-bike. But as I said before, I have a lot of friends who served, we are a tight knit group and some of them can't keep up without help. They respect that, enjoy the company and stay at the back of the group. Some of them have injuries from service, which is a disadvantage. Once guy has no legs, uses his arms in a chair, we take him along and make turns to push. Think I have a photo of that somewhere. These are the guys who you said would never let me into their group BTW.
The unit I was in made us a little less accepting of outsiders due to the nature of our job and the fact we worked in relatively small teams.....even now even though I served in that unit and trained a lot of people, all of us who left are accepted but kept at arm's length. I associate with very few people although I talk to and see a few of my former team mates from time to time.

I would say you have found the right group to hang out with which is never a bad thing.

LOL you implied I was upset. You seem way more out of sorts than me. It’s fun to pick your anti EV comments apart so I’ll continue.
I didn’t ask at any point for your help in understanding your one sided simplistic view.
Yes I ride and drive internal combustion vehicles. It’s apparently some sort of determining factor for you, although it has zero to do with the merits of electric vehicles.
....and you seem to think I'm the only person posting in this thread and am the principle person with the hammer.....

I think there are many others who feel the same way as I do but just can't be bothered to post here....sometimes I think I have rocks in my head to bother posting but I'm too stubborn to quit.

Right off the bat, you state I am anti-EV.....incorrect as I've stated many, many times....what I am is realistic....EV are not the answer to the prayers of planet savers, they are just another version of ICE only instead of destroying the planet in search of oil, we are destroying the planet in search of Lithium and precious metals.....both platforms use non-renewable materials.......the only difference is the end use...the burning of fossil fuel for ICE.....even though lots of fossil fuels are burned producing electricity as well.....and the endless need for copper for power delivery-copper is nonrenewable as well.

Then we get into the fact that only a very small percentage of the world's population is even considering EV....the largest earth polluters are continuing using fossil fuels.....even if all of North America were to covert to EV tomorrow, the result would be a drop in the bucket globally...

Then we look at the vast (vast) amounts of fossil fuels being used in shipping and aircraft much of which is for humans to go on vacation.....but no concern or action on any of that.....

I've also said that in order to make any global impact at all, human beings have to change the way we think and do business-but we know that will never happen.

This is what I have said all along.....go ahead, pick that apart....

....and you seem to think I'm the only person posting in this thread and am the principle person with the hammer.....

I think there are many others who feel the same way as I do but just can't be bothered to post here....sometimes I think I have rocks in my head to bother posting but I'm too stubborn to quit.

Right off the bat, you state I am anti-EV.....incorrect as I've stated many, many times....what I am is realistic....EV are not the answer to the prayers of planet savers, they are just another version of ICE only instead of destroying the planet in search of oil, we are destroying the planet in search of Lithium and precious metals.....both platforms use non-renewable materials.......the only difference is the end use...the burning of fossil fuel for ICE.....even though lots of fossil fuels are burned producing electricity as well.....and the endless need for copper for power delivery-copper is nonrenewable as well.

Then we get into the fact that only a very small percentage of the world's population is even considering EV....the largest earth polluters are continuing using fossil fuels.....even if all of North America were to covert to EV tomorrow, the result would be a drop in the bucket globally...

Then we look at the vast (vast) amounts of fossil fuels being used in shipping and aircraft much of which is for humans to go on vacation.....but no concern or action on any of that.....

I've also said that in order to make any global impact at all, human beings have to change the way we think and do business-but we know that will never happen.

This is what I have said all along.....go ahead, pick that apart....
Hi. Well we should all go back to the stone age!

Back