EV vehicles

Why not introduce motor sports into the olympics.....these riders/drivers train just as many hours and intensity as any other athlete...

Their vehicles are already regulated and set up per a preset specification so the real advantage is on the shoulders of the rider/driver and trainers who guide them.....
It's about the athlete, not about who has the best technology using hydrocarbons.

Where do you draw the line, Nascar, motorcycles costing more than $1 million each, the logistics and the costs to get this all organized? Should we include aerobatics with aircraft also?

Well you didn't say if those 3 were plug in hybrids or not, so it's hard to ascertain what's going on? They do get better mileage but not due to the battery side of it, only the plugins get that. Also most hybrid variants have a lower capacity engine than the ice version. What capacity is your wife's, and the hybrid version? The only reason my sisters is so efficient is that most of the time it's cruising on the low power combustion engine. That and super high tire pressures. If she put here foot down a bit it would be a whole other story.

You ever come up a dual carriageway and see about 8 cars stuck behind a slow moving truck? That bewildered me for a long time until I realized that the drivers weren't all senile, they were just driving gutless modern cars and were afraid to overtake. I drive a V6, a small jap crossover but it has 225 Hp, I pull out and take 3 or 4 at a time down a short straight. I could often take them all if it weren't for the fact that my speed would be too high at the end of the run, too much risk of one of the end ones pulling out on me. And while the hybrids do better for such than a small ice of equal engine size the people that buy them aren't typically very self-confident on the road. Oh they think they are confident, as long as they're under the speed limit and proximity cruise control is on, as long as they SLOW down for corners and all that. But most would sh!t themselves if they has to pull out and pass more than one car. I'm sure half the ones that do have their eyes closed, just in case :rolleyes:

It's why I love being on the bikes. You don't have to worry about any of that, or double lines. Double lines up short straights are for cars that can't accelerate like a magnum round and pass safely. A high powered motorcycle is exempt. At least that's the conclusion I came to when they resurfaced a lot of the roads around here and put in Double lines where there were previously dashed lines. It's a Woke thing to cater for gutless woke cars and doesn't apply to me, obviously!

No, all three of the hybrids that I mentioned do not plug in.
Come to think of it, I'm not aware of any hybrid here in the U.S. that plugs into a charger.
We have the gas powered hybrids with an electric motor, which recharges during braking, and we have full electrics that plug in.
My wife's Rav-4 is just a regular gas powered engine.
As for the bikes, I've loved them my entire life, as well as the acceleration that comes with big cc engines.
I agree and always enjoyed never having to worry about passing traffic most anywhere, and being to get where I'm going without hassle as a result.
My F-150 4x4 is also extremely quick for a full size pickup truck.
It has 375hp and 490 lb' of torque.
Ford claims 0-60mph in 5.5 seconds.
I have driven and ridden in much faster vehicles, but for a big factory brick, it passes traffic with ease, and gets good mpg for what it is.
I've always been a truck guy for alot of reasons, but couldn't own some that I've driven, and are as you said, gutless, and couldn't get out of their own way,, lol

It's about the athlete, not about who has the best technology using hydrocarbons.

Where do you draw the line, Nascar, motorcycles costing more than $1 million each, the logistics and the costs to get this all organized? Should we include aerobatics with aircraft also?
There's lots of technology in play already......those bicycles they ride aren't inexpensive nor are they without space aged tech either to make them extremely light and durable. The rowers use specialized equipment and the list goes on and on right down to the clothes and footwear the athletes wear.....all are very tech oriented.

Motorsports generally have tracks all over the world and could easily link up with olympic venues....and their drivers/riders are world class athletes in their own without their vehicles-which are all regulated to make the rider/driver the competitive edge...

It never occurred to me but aerobatics and aircraft aren't a bad idea.......things evolve and the olympics have already evolved far beyond the original concept already.

Come to think of it, I'm not aware of any hybrid here in the U.S. that plugs into a charger.
We have the gas powered hybrids with an electric motor, which recharges during braking, and we have full electrics that plug in.
My wife's Rav-4 is just a regular gas powered engine.
As for the bikes, I've loved them my entire life, as well as the acceleration that comes with big cc engines.
I agree and always enjoyed never having to worry about passing traffic most anywhere, and being to get where I'm going without hassle as a result.
I have driven and ridden in much faster vehicles, but for a big factory brick, it passes traffic with ease, and gets good mpg for what it is.
I've always been a truck guy for alot of reasons, but couldn't own some that I've driven, and are as you said, gutless, and couldn't get out of their own way,, lol
My son has a Santa Fe plug in hybrid...I've read up on them and they seem pretty decent....it takes all night to charge his battery up on 110v though and if he uses strictly EV mode he gets a maximum of 60 kms on a charge then the gas motor kicks in....

Before he got rear-ended, he took it on a long trip and said it did well.....the last time he did the same trip was in a new Dodge Caravan and he said it outperformed that in fuel economy pretty easily....

However like yourself, I am a pick up truck guy and have had one pretty much since I was driving....and will have one until I am unable to for whatever reason.

There's lots of technology in play already......those bicycles they ride aren't inexpensive nor are they without space aged tech either to make them extremely light and durable. The rowers use specialized equipment and the list goes on and on right down to the clothes and footwear the athletes wear.....all are very tech oriented.
Yes we spend a lot of money on the best high tech cycling equipment, because of all the time we spend on them. So we deserve to spoil ourselves. But at the end of the day it is legs and the athlete that matters, nothing else.

Yes we spend a lot of money on the best high tech cycling equipment, because of all the time we spend on them. So we deserve to spoil ourselves. But at the end of the day it is legs and the athlete that matters, nothing else.

That's not a fair argument, as you can put me on a MotoGP bike, and I'll make it look pretty good going around the track...until a MotoGP rider shows up...
Then we'll see the massive divide in skill level, and why I'm a decent rider...and they are Pro level.

That's not a fair argument, as you can put me on a MotoGP bike, and I'll make it look pretty good going around the track...until a MotoGP rider shows up...
Then we'll see the massive divide in skill level, and why I'm a decent rider...and they are Pro level.
Yep, can't argue with that. If you compare the best with the best, the equipment seems to be the deciding factor though, otherwise Marc Marquez would still be racing a Honda.

Bicycling is different though, it does not matter if you put Tadej, Pogacar on a Trek, a Colnago, a Canyon, or any other frame, and whether he had a Shimano, or a Campagnolo group set, he still would have won the Tour De France this year. It's the legs, the endurance, the strength, purely his physical condition which counts. So in short, his athletic ability is the only thing which matters.

When we start throwing complex technology into competition, it is a total different story.
Nascar's are all supposed to be the same under regulation, but the small tweaks they make, and the preparation, tire pressures, camber, the little things make all the difference. It is not only the driver that matters.

Yep, can't argue with that. If you compare the best with the best, the equipment seems to be the deciding factor though, otherwise Marc Marquez would still be racing a Honda.

Bicycling is different though, it does not matter if you put Tadej, Pogacar on a Trek, a Colnago, a Canyon, or any other frame, and whether he had a Shimano, or a Campagnolo group set, he still would have won the Tour De France this year. It's the legs, the endurance, the strength, purely his physical condition which counts. So in short, his athletic ability is the only thing which matters.

When we start throwing complex technology into competition, it is a total different story.
Nascar's are all supposed to be the same under regulation, but the small tweaks they make, and the preparation, tire pressures, camber, the little things make all the difference. It is not only the driver that matters.

I do not see that as a fair arguement either.
As yes, the machine does matter.
Just an example, years ago, Jeremy McGrath was at the top of Supercross, 6 Championships in a row on a Honda, but then a last minute change to Suzuki for the next season, and he just couldn't do it on that bike.
Now was it soley the bike, or was it just his mental state, as in him not able to feel as confident on the Suzuki?
That is really irrelavent, as the particular machine was the common denominator.
As for bicycles, outside of BMX, I admittedly know nothing about them, however; I would say that it is a fair assesment to say the same as with a motorcycle.
All of the motorcycles are regulated to be within the same number of specs, accross all of the manufacturers(in terms of racing regulations).
I would say that it is a fair assumption that bicycles would fall under those same guidelines, as in they all must meet certain criteria in order not to give another brand an unfair advantage.
So I would think that it stands to reason to say that bicycle rider X prefers this brand of bicycle over another, based on their own personal preferences, and that these preferences could physically, or more so mentally, hinder their progress.
And even a minute change at such a high level can cause a dramatic difference in the overall outcome, even fractions of a second, which of course is usually the only amount that seperates such great athletes in any type of racing.
I agree that the physical body makes the majority of difference in a bicycle race, but if the repeated champion is suddenly placed on a competing brand's machine, that it could be enough to cause them to slip to 2nd place.

I agree that the physical body makes the majority of difference in a bicycle race, but if the repeated champion is suddenly placed on a competing brand's machine, that it could be enough to cause them to slip to 2nd place.
Been doing this since 9 years old, raced Juveniles, then Juniors, then Amatuer, then Pro and went back to Amatuer because everyone was doping. Now race Masters, as a Cat 4.

I have four bikes, these things are set up exactly to fit our bodies, frame size, bar position in height and stem length, seat height, seat position the length of the cranks etc. Even shape of the seat has to be exactly the same.

I have an old classic from 1996, which is my favorite to ride, then I have a new bike which retails for almost $20k, see link below. The only difference between the old and the new is 4lbs lighter, the frame is slightly stiffer and the new group sets have 12 gears on the back wheel with electronic gear change instead of manual shifters.

The only advantage in performance on the new bike is climbing with 4lbs less weight and a tiny little energy saved by the frame not flexing that much under load.

The UCI limits minimum weight to 15lbs for a bike, so really the only difference in a professional bike race is athletic ability.

There is not really something like a bike from one manufacturer to a next manufacturer. These are all built custom, so the frame will be from one manufacturer, the handle bars from another, the seat from another, the wheels from another, the group set which is cranks, gears, from another, the chain from another. I have built all my own bikes, to save money buy stuff from different dealers in different countries and then slap the whole thing together.

Last edited:
I was just out for a ride in the back country and there were a lot of road bicyclists out there today.....one spot they must have been passing as they bunched up and came very close to being wiped out by a semi truck coming over a hill......

They were coming towards me and slowed right down, flashed my light and hit my horn to warn them when I saw the truck cresting the hill behind them as I was pulling off expecting to go into a first aid response....it was a bit dicey there for a bit.....I stopped and once I saw the truck make it and none of them hit, I carried on....

Been doing this since 9 years old, raced Juveniles, then Juniors, then Amatuer, then Pro and went back to Amatuer because everyone was doping. Now race Masters, as a Cat 4.

I have four bikes, these things are set up exactly to fit our bodies, frame size, bar position in height and stem length, seat height, seat position the length of the cranks etc. Even shape of the seat has to be exactly the same.

I have an old classic from 1996, which is my favorite to ride, then I have a new bike which retails for almost $20k, see link below. The only difference between the old and the new is 4lbs lighter, the frame is slightly stiffer and the new group sets have 12 gears on the back wheel with electronic gear change instead of manual shifters.

The only advantage in performance on the new bike is climbing with 4lbs less weight and a tiny little energy saved by the frame not flexing that much under load.

The UCI limits minimum weight to 15lbs for a bike, so really the only difference in a professional bike race is athletic ability.

I don't doubt any of your knowledge on bicycling, and would actually think that it proves my point, as in, a top level racing motorcycle is basically set up under the same type of stringient guidelines, so the defining factor really comes down to the riders.
And that even though I ride with a relaxed and 'wet noodle' riding style, MX racing, or racing the amaeture sportbike track guys through the mountains can be very physically intense, and you are very drained after the fact, no matter whar level of physical conditioning that you are at, because you have exerted yourself at the highest level of your capabilities.
Now do motorsports belong in the Olympics? Of course it isn't for me to say, but I can see both sides of the arguement.
As on one hand, the Olympics is rooted in more traditional sports and games.
On the other, new games have been added, and old games use alot of modern technology, which do seem to improve what the athletes are capable of.
The Olympics, traditional as it still is in a sense, is still a huge money draw for it's hosting city and surrounding areas, so it stands to reason that other big money drawing sports will continue to be added over time.
As we have already discussed the adition of BMX and Skateboarding, which their big events come from the X Games.
The Winter Olympics also hosts some other X Games sports, like Snowboarding.
I would imagine that there has been some backlash from Olympic traditionalists over the years as these sports were added, but again, at the end of the day, right or wrong, most things come down to money, and what will generate it.

I was just out for a ride in the back country and there were a lot of road bicyclists out there today.....one spot they must have been passing as they bunched up and came very close to being wiped out by a semi truck coming over a hill......

They were coming towards me and slowed right down, flashed my light and hit my horn to warn them when I saw the truck cresting the hill behind them as I was pulling off expecting to go into a first aid response....it was a bit dicey there for a bit.....I stopped and once I saw the truck make it and none of them hit, I carried on....
I'm fortunate, super routes where I live, miles of quiet roads and motorists here seem to respect cyclists.

Have cycled in many parts of the world and always though the most dangerous place I ever rode was Saudi Arabia. Then I went with a big group to ride in Florida and man, that was almost suicidal. Real bad juju between motorists and cyclists.

I'm fortunate, super routes where I live, miles of quiet roads and motorists here seem to respect cyclists.

Have cycled in many parts of the world and always though the most dangerous place I ever rode was Saudi Arabia. Then I went with a big group to ride in Florida and man, that was almost suicidal. Real bad juju between motorists and cyclists.

Here, not far from you, most cyclists are a menace, as they hog the lane, frequently cross center lines, and ride roads that you could not pay me a fortune to ride on, as like @Bumblebee was saying, cars and big trucks crest blind hills only to see a road full of bicyclist traveling at a 3rd to a quarter of the vehicle speed limits.
I am suprised that there are not more reported accidents than what I hear about.
The road Iive on is very quiet, and has very little traffic.
I see cyclists fairly often in during good weather.
One regular guy, and occasionally small groups...but even then they ride across the whole road, and it's pretty unnerving to come around a corner to an oncoming group, and watch them scramble back to their side of the road, while I swerve on the brakes.
Same thing to come around a corner behind them.
I don't mind sharing the road, but there are places that they shouldn't be, just out of common sense.
To each their own, and it is their risk.

Here, not far from you, most cyclists are a menace, as they hog the lane, frequently cross center lines, and ride roads that you could not pay me a fortune to ride on, as like @Bumblebee was saying, cars and big trucks crest blind hills only to see a road full of bicyclist traveling at a 3rd to a quarter of the vehicle speed limits.
I am suprised that there are not more reported accidents than what I hear about.
The road Iive on is very quiet, and has very little traffic.
I see cyclists fairly often in during good weather.
One regular guy, and occasionally small groups...but even then they ride across the whole road, and it's pretty unnerving to come around a corner to an oncoming group, and watch them scramble back to their side of the road, while I swerve on the brakes.
Same thing to come around a corner behind them.
I don't mind sharing the road, but there are places that they shouldn't be, just out of common sense.
To each their own, and it is their risk.
LOL, this is what a cyclist will tell you:

A cyclist is entitled to the entire lane of the road he rides. You are not entitled to do that, as for you it is a privilege and you need permission to do so with a driving permit and a registered vehicle. A cyclist needs neither.:moon:

Seriously though, from state to state, depending on regulations, a vehicle has to have either 3' of 4' distance between vehicle and bicycle to pass.

Riders who don't go single file before a car gets close is bad manners though, but there is no law stopping them from doing so.

Then, purely from experience doing this for many years, I can tell you that a cyclist who hugs the outer edge of the road, is the first one to be wiped out by a car. Cars stay in the lane, try to squeeze past you and the chances of hitting you are pretty high.

In italy, cars really respect cyclists.

In Germany, cyclists are not allowed on the road, they have to ride on sidewalks built to accommodate bikes. That is hard to do if it is not a recreational bike. I tried that in Germany, then stopped a cop and asked him if I can ride the street, as it is hard getting a proper training session in that way. I was told if it is a professional bicycle, not to bother, ride on the street, no one will complain.

Here is a copy and paste for Virginia traffic regulations:

Persons riding bicycles, electric personal assistive mobility devices, electric power-assisted bicycles, or motorized skateboards or scooters on a highway shall not ride more than two abreast. Persons riding two abreast shall not impede the normal and reasonable movement of traffic and shall move into a single-file formation as quickly as is practicable when being overtaken from the rear by a faster-moving vehicle. However, the failure to move into a single-file formation shall not constitute negligence per se in any civil action. This section shall not change any existing law, rule, or procedure pertaining to any such civil action, nor shall this section bar any claim that otherwise exists.

LOL, this is what a cyclist will tell you:

A cyclist is entitled to the entire lane of the road he rides. You are not entitled to do that, as for you it is a privilege and you need permission to do so with a driving permit and a registered vehicle. A cyclist needs neither.:moon:

Seriously though, from state to state, depending on regulations, a vehicle has to have either 3' of 4' distance between vehicle and bicycle to pass.

Riders who don't go single file before a car gets close is bad manners though, but there is no law stopping them from doing so.

Then, purely from experience doing this for many years, I can tell you that a cyclist who hugs the outer edge of the road, is the first one to be wiped out by a car. Cars stay in the lane, try to squeeze past you and the chances of hitting you are pretty high.

In italy, cars really respect cyclists.

In Germany, cyclists are not allowed on the road, they have to ride on sidewalks built to accommodate bikes. That is hard to do if it is not a recreational bike. I tried that in Germany, then stopped a cop and asked him if I can ride the street, as it is hard getting a proper training session in that way. I was told if it is a professional bicycle, not to bother, ride on the street, no one will complain.

Here is a copy and paste for Virginia traffic regulations:

Persons riding bicycles, electric personal assistive mobility devices, electric power-assisted bicycles, or motorized skateboards or scooters on a highway shall not ride more than two abreast. Persons riding two abreast shall not impede the normal and reasonable movement of traffic and shall move into a single-file formation as quickly as is practicable when being overtaken from the rear by a faster-moving vehicle. However, the failure to move into a single-file formation shall not constitute negligence per se in any civil action. This section shall not change any existing law, rule, or procedure pertaining to any such civil action, nor shall this section bar any claim that otherwise exists.

You misunderstood.
When I say the Whole Road, I don't mean the Whole lane...I mean the Whole Road.
Riding into oncoming traffic so they can comfortabley ride 3 wide or more.
They also hug the center lines when the lines are there...and Harley-Davidson riders are notorious for this here as well.
It is a foolish bully mentality, as they don't seem to realize that they aren't going to win if the oncoming car or truck cannot move out of the way in time.
Oh well, stupid hurts.

You misunderstood.
When I say the Whole Road, I don't mean the Whole lane...I mean the Whole Road.
Riding into oncoming traffic so they can comfortabley ride 3 wide or more.
They also hug the center lines when the lines are there...and Harley-Davidson riders are notorious for this here as well.
It is a foolish bully mentality, as they don't seem to realize that they aren't going to win if the oncoming car or truck cannot move out of the way in time.
Oh well, stupid hurts.
Yeah I know what you meant, first sentence was joking with you.

With a good cyclist, same as a good motorist, there will be respect for each other. I try my best never to hold anyone up. Have ridden in many countries and where I live now is probably one of the safest places I have ever ridden both a bicycle and a motorcycle. You need to come ride here, some roads belong to us, there are no cagers for miles.

To get back to Bee's thread though, in the busy areas over here, we see new EV's on the road every day. Something must be really wrong over here.

We have the gas powered hybrids with an electric motor, which recharges during braking, and we have full electrics that plug in

Just a couple of things, this recharging by braking is really myth for the most part. Honestly, if you drive 50 miles, how much of that is actually spent slowing down? It's a marketing ploy, the primary means of charging their batteries is a generator run off the combustion engine.

From the Toyota website:
Toyota’s high voltage Hybrid Electric 'traction battery' will never run out of charge, as it charges while you drive, with support from the internal petrol combustion engine. The system delivers true synergy between the two power sources. When the engine is running, it charges the battery via the generator; when driving conditions allow it, such as in slow-moving traffic, the generator can cut out the petrol engine and let the electric motor take over for zero-emissions travelling. _ttps://mag.toyota.co.uk/how-does-toyota-hybrid-work/

As you can see from the link, this information is for UK buyers, US websites don't include it I believe, because, they don't have to lol. The Farce is Strong in that nation.
Next is the engine itself.

The main source of power for Toyota's hybrids remains the gasoline engine. But these aren't your ordinary powertrains. They're built for high efficiency and low emissions. The Prius and Camry hybrids work off a four-cylinder, high expansion ratio Atkinson cycle engine. Atkinson cycle engines squeeze optimum energy from gasoline combustion by increasing the expansion ratio and by extracting every last bit of power from the gas-air mix. For more power, the Highlander Hybrid features a V6 Otto cycle engine, which increases efficiency by compressing the fuel mixture before ignition. _ttps://www.markville.com/electrified-vehicles/how-hybrids-work/

That's where the "Gutless" comes in. As long as you drive them like a babies carriage you'll get that top economy. But if you simply went to a smaller capacity car you'd get it too. The Toyota Aygo gets 51~ 61 MPG. So really it's all just a con game. I mean why Bleet on about regenerative braking like it's some perpetual motion machine when the simple truth would probably do? Higher sales of course.

375HP, that's a ton of power, you must feel very contented driving it mate. We have a few down here, 150's and the dual rear wheel 250's but most blokes are sucked into these turbo diesels like it's some sort of a manly thing but they are truly gutless. The Ford Ranger with it's inline 5-cyl turbo is popular. I mean WTF is that? What it is is an old volvo design lol lol. Oh I love passing them, up to 95 km/h my Suzuki Vitara will drop back to 2nd and take off like bullet, dropping into 3-rd at around 130. It's a good gear, a real powerband. The engine is a 3.2L, actually a GM motor, and the auto box is Japanese 5 speed. No one expects to be blown off by a little 4x4. It's quite stylish and has 19" rims, so almost low profile tires, it looks a little out of place in the dirt but I took it through the condamine river road once, a gravel road with about 8 crossings, some a meter or so deep. Boy that turned some heads among the campers in their big tricked out 4x4 trucks :D

Here's an old vid on it. He raves too much about a GPS unit but otherwise it's a good wrap up. Do you have a vid for yours?

Just a couple of things, this recharging by braking is really myth for the most part. Honestly, if you drive 50 miles, how much of that is actually spent slowing down? It's a marketing ploy, the primary means of charging their batteries is a generator run off the combustion engine.
I think you are misreading the whole thing.
It is absolutely not a myth, braking is assisted by the electrical drive which puts current back to the battery. On slow braking, the rotors and brake pads actually do nothing. A prius (At least the one I owned) has a screen, where you can actually display where the electrical current is going, and when you start braking, it shows current flowing back to the battery.

In short, yes the braking is not designed to recharge the battery, it is designed to recapture the energy into the battery, rather than waste heat. For that very reason, you will find city miles per gallon actually to be better than highway miles per gallon.

From the Toyota website:
Toyota’s high voltage Hybrid Electric 'traction battery' will never run out of charge, as it charges while you drive, with support from the internal petrol combustion engine. The system delivers true synergy between the two power sources. When the engine is running, it charges the battery via the generator; when driving conditions allow it, such as in slow-moving traffic, the generator can cut out the petrol engine and let the electric motor take over for zero-emissions travelling. _ttps://mag.toyota.co.uk/how-does-toyota-hybrid-work/

As you can see from the link, this information is for UK buyers, US websites don't include it I believe, because, they don't have to lol. The Farce is Strong in that nation.
Next is the engine itself.

The main source of power for Toyota's hybrids remains the gasoline engine. But these aren't your ordinary powertrains. They're built for high efficiency and low emissions. The Prius and Camry hybrids work off a four-cylinder, high expansion ratio Atkinson cycle engine. Atkinson cycle engines squeeze optimum energy from gasoline combustion by increasing the expansion ratio and by extracting every last bit of power from the gas-air mix. For more power, the Highlander Hybrid features a V6 Otto cycle engine, which increases efficiency by compressing the fuel mixture before ignition. _ttps://www.markville.com/electrified-vehicles/how-hybrids-work/

That's where the "Gutless" comes in. As long as you drive them like a babies carriage you'll get that top economy. But if you simply went to a smaller capacity car you'd get it too. The Toyota Aygo gets 51~ 61 MPG. So really it's all just a con game. I mean why Bleet on about regenerative braking like it's some perpetual motion machine when the simple truth would probably do? Higher sales of course.

375HP, that's a ton of power, you must feel very contented driving it mate. We have a few down here, 150's and the dual rear wheel 250's but most blokes are sucked into these turbo diesels like it's some sort of a manly thing but they are truly gutless. The Ford Ranger with it's inline 5-cyl turbo is popular. I mean WTF is that? What it is is an old volvo design lol lol. Oh I love passing them, up to 95 km/h my Suzuki Vitara will drop back to 2nd and take off like bullet, dropping into 3-rd at around 130. It's a good gear, a real powerband. The engine is a 3.2L, actually a GM motor, and the auto box is Japanese 5 speed. No one expects to be blown off by a little 4x4. It's quite stylish and has 19" rims, so almost low profile tires, it looks a little out of place in the dirt but I took it through the condamine river road once, a gravel road with about 8 crossings, some a meter or so deep. Boy that turned some heads among the campers in their big tricked out 4x4 trucks :D

Here's an old vid on it. He raves too much about a GPS unit but otherwise it's a good wrap up. Do you have a vid for yours?

The Ford Rangers here have either a turbo in line 4 or a twin turbo v-6.......

And we don't have any Suzuki car dealerships here in Canada anymore......a friend had a Samurai and it was a great little suv.....he had a few of them and the oldest one used a motorcycle clutch cable.......

Back