EV vehicles

Jake brings up what we have discussed before. We can go all green as an end user. But it will not make much of a difference if we can't get foods made that don't pollute. To do away with the need for container ships means producing domestically. If our push to have a minimum wage of $15 for burger flippers come to pass, then producing a spatula to flip those burgers will cost more also. So we have the $32 Big Mac. But it will be green. Nobody can afford to eat, but we will be starving in a cleaner environment.
Minimal wage here is $15/hr and they still can't get employees.....the coffee shop (Tim Hortons) offered full benefits and still nobody....

My son is deploying on his ship and sent me a ship tracker that can track each and every ship on the water.........holy crap! there are some bodies of water that it appears one could walk from deck to deck to cross it.....

There are almost as many ships as planes it seems...

While we are talking planes, if one figures how much fuel a commercial liner uses yet the skies are full of them.....

I wonder how many "greenies" use these planes to fly to their anti oil rallies.....I'd say more than a few unless they are bicycling or walking to them...which I highly doubt.

....one thing that we should all be worried about is the amount of plastic circling the globe....they are finding it in the strangest of places....

Obviously the plastic recycling initiative sucks for the most part.

and in other news, the over priced recycled soda bottle known as the corvette has gone hybrid :)
chevy fan boys are the equivalent of HD lovers in the motorcycle world. if a competitor does something revolutionary its the worst idea ever but as soon as GM or HD copies their competition if the best thing since sliced bread.

chevy fan boys are the equivalent of HD lovers in the motorcycle world. if a competitor does something revolutionary its the worst idea ever but as soon as GM or HD copies their competition if the best thing since sliced bread.
Still, I wouldn't kick that Vette out of my garage!

Reactions: pcs
It is ! LOL.

My 01 Sportster is solid engine mount just like when they came out in 1957. I think all bike's need push rods too.

Since there isn't a production EV Hayabusa, I'd say the subject matter in the name of this forum is based on an ICE motorcycle....
You are so full of sh!t Bee.
You started this thread and you titled it “EV Vehicles”

Ok I’m out of here, otherwise I will have to behave like Judge Judy when she deals with the less gifted.

You are so full of sh!t Bee.
You started this thread and you titled it “EV Vehicles”

Ok I’m out of here, otherwise I will have to behave like Judge Judy when she deals with the less gifted.
Wow, I guess I did start this thread....I will have to go back and read my original intent..sometimes we get so caught up in the excitement we forget the original mission perimeters.

Climb on down that mountain....so you don't have to go all "Judge Judy" on me...

download.jpg

Last edited:
Fast forward to 8:20.

Internal combustion engine powered by hydrogen, Toyota has already driven one in a rally to try and prove a point. Be interesting to see if that becomes viable, and if it can compete with EV and Hydrogen EV technology.

Yep. I've been watching Toyota develop this for the past few years. I think they are going to lead the way. Much like Musk led the way in EV.

Everyone will be playing "catch up" to Toyota.

Yep. I've been watching Toyota develop this for the past few years. I think they are going to lead the way. Much like Musk led the way in EV.

Everyone will be playing "catch up" to Toyota.
It's interesting that Yamaha has jumped in with them....Yamaha used to be in bed with Ford at one time...

It's interesting that Yamaha has jumped in with them....Yamaha used to be in bed with Ford at one time...
Actually Yamaha has done lots of extracurricular projects. They used to be really good at intake technologies. Sort of like how Chevy figured out a bulletproof lower end shortblock. They got hired to build what they excelled in.

I remember they did the intake on the Taurus SHO back in the 80s. It was a work of art. I think they were the first company to come up with variable intake runner length technologies. They could move the torque band around without changing the valves and cams.

And if memory serves me right they came up with eliminating the distributor in favor of camshaft position sensing.

Yamaha was also commissioned to design and build the 4.4lt V8 that Volvo used in the XC90. And first hand, it's a wicked engine. Also was used in the Nobel car I believe

As I look around, I see ICE drivers who have and are displaying bad habits.....

leaving their vehicles to idle excessively, using drive throughs and lots of "rabbit starts and stops" with the cost of fuel and the looming push to go EV, you'd think people would be cognizant of doing their part in trying to save ICE vehicles...

I guess people are people....

Reactions: pcs
I find it kind of strange that our provincial government (and other provincial governments) did away with e-testing here a few years ago....

One would think there would be a big push towards that testing in these days.

This is better than raising the price of gas. There is technology already in place that can accomplish cleaner ICE. If people can't afford the tech they aren't left without the ability to live and work driving what they have.

I recently read a tech piece on the Koenigsegg 2 litre 600HP ICE engine. Just fantastic efficiency. It's as carbon neutral as an EV.

It's admittedly very expensive. But mass produce that and the cost drops dramatically. License that tech to all the big car manufacturers. The development work is already done. They can deploy it much quicker than trying to reinvent the wheel.

Back