EV vehicles

When I bring up an aviation or maritime map and see all those thousands upon thousands of fuel burners out there that use an outrageous amount of fuel and dump tons and tons of hydrocarbons into the atmosphere, it's staggering...

If the government were really interested in getting the hydrocarbons down, they'd streamline shipping and limit recreational travel in large ships and aircraft....then they'd ban modifications to emission systems on vehicles and get rid of all idling....

Is the term "smog" even a thing in North America anymore? I remember when there were smog warnings, I've not heard the term used unless it is in somewhere like Bangladesh or India or like countries.

What about the millions of car owners who don't have driveways, how do they charge their vehicles overnight? Are these people expected to give up their vehicles?
Will these be the target audience of super charge stations and if so, just how many of these stations will be in existence, will we need a separate power generation station for them all?

I'm not some nut who sees things differently for the sake of argument but people are peeing in the water and telling me it's good to drink and I'm not buying into it.

A family member of mine works on the huge copper mine in Mongolia that along with copper to feeds China’s latest boom in production is supplying the coal to power the industry. The Oyu Tolgoi mine alone is, or will be, bigger than the state of Florida. The damage, pollution, destruction of species and changes to the environment in Mongolia are huge and irreversible, but the vehicles, parts, infrastructure supplies etc shipped out of China means nice clean streets and feel good owners in Westernised citys.

A family member of mine works on the huge copper mine in Mongolia that along with copper to feeds China’s latest boom in production is supplying the coal to power the industry. The Oyu Tolgoi mine alone is, or will be, bigger than the state of Florida. The damage, pollution, destruction of species and changes to the environment in Mongolia are huge and irreversible, but the vehicles, parts, infrastructure supplies etc shipped out of China means nice clean streets and feel good owners in Westernised citys.
I've seen some of those mines and they are nasty with a capital "N."

To fabricate EV, the manufacturers will need petroleum along with precious metals, Li, copper.....

In the short term, EV will be good until the batteries need to be replaced and all of them have different batteries, there will be no commonality between them....hopefully the price of a replacement battery will drop with more consumer demand.

There will need to be robust battery recyclers in each region as the used batteries start piling up in the future...

....and right now even a little damage will get an EV (Tesla mostly) written off due to how they are constructed.

Here we have a proper car....... none of PC BS EV garbage!
......but look at that asking price!!!
In USD that's $376,175.

Greg, a friend of mine is almost done restoring his original, numbers matching 1970 Superbird, 440, 4 barrel, automatic with floor shift.
(several of my tools worked on it too, lmao).
Frame off, almost no rust, and he just put the factory engine that he rebuilt in this weekend(which was in great shape, basically clean up, rings, and bearings, but it ran great before, 40k original miles), which he had test ran outside of the car first.
He has done All of the disassembly work, rebuilding and reassembly except for the new old stock vinyl top, decals, and the paint and body work, which took 5 months and is absolute perfection.
This has been going on for 6 or 7 months, and he's had it a couple years now.
It's been really cool to see the progress.
He'll take you for a ride...and probably let a Kiwi drive it, lol

Screenshot_20230523-124754_Gmail.jpg

Screenshot_20230523-124714_Gmail.jpg

Screenshot_20230523-124802_Gmail.jpg

Screenshot_20230523-124809_Gmail.jpg

Screenshot_20230523-124720_Gmail.jpg

Greg, a friend of mine is almost done restoring his original, numbers matching 1970 Superbird, 440, 4 barrel, automatic with floor shift.
(several of my tools worked on it too, lmao).
Frame off, almost no rust, and he just put the factory engine that he rebuilt in this weekend(which was in great shape, basically clean up rings, and bearings, but it ran great before, 40k original miles), which he had test ran outside of the car first.
He has done All of the disassembly work, rebuilding and reassembly except for the new old stock vinyl top, and the paint and body work, which took 5 months and is absolute perfection.
This has been going on for 6 or 7 months, and he's had it a couple years now.
It's been really cool to see the progress.
He'll take you for a ride...and probably let a Kiwi drive it, lol

View attachment 1666775

View attachment 1666776

View attachment 1666777

View attachment 1666778

View attachment 1666779

Screenshot_20230523-124747_Gmail.jpg

Screenshot_20230523-124818_Gmail.jpg

Screenshot_20230523-124733_Gmail.jpg

the car tells you how many charge bays are not in use before you get there. the fast charge station closest to me currently has 8 bays open so no line.

some EV owners don’t just factor being “green” but also cost of ownership. ive had an EV for 5 years and the only maintenance required has been 2 sets of tires. my avg cost is between $20-$40 a month for electricity to drive it as an everyday car. people cry about fast charge times but i only need them for road trips. however i’m saving time bc i don’t need normal ICE service. no engine/transmission oil changes, no fuel system service, no air filters, and brakes are barely used bc the cars regen does most of the braking.
it’s ok to dislike and to be bias against EVs. my gripe is people spreading “fake news” about EVs they don’t own or have no real experience with. i personally find it hilarious when someone tries to explain to me how EVs are worse or less than an ICE car but have little to no understanding how an ICE works.
I don't know where you are. And for what's it's worth I thoroughly enjoyed driving a Model S and felt the opposite in a Model X

I was just in 4 traffic jams this last week. Those are made for EVs. No pollution just to sit and have your A/C going. Doesn't use much battery to do that.

However I passed two charging stations and there was a line waiting at both.

My sister uses charging stations spread around like shopping centers etc. She mostly uses her 110 charge at the house. It takes days to charge. But she doesn't go anywhere far from home, or often. I'm sure for some folks it's a great thing. She couldn't afford/justify the thou$$$ands it cost to go 220.

But we aren't making fossil fuel use go away by having them. And we are creating a new set of problems. Both environmentally and infrastructure wise.

Personally as I stated here, I think hydrogen is a better solution. But Elon being the pioneer he is, has made EVs a certainty. He is who leads the way. Now we play catch up.

Last edited:
Sounds like someone screwed up your ECU. Mine is not gas guzzling, I still get 52 miles per good o'll 3.8L US gallon.
You are doing very well with your bike then....and I imagine many others are doing the same...

Mine seems thirsty....much more thirsty then most of the other bikes I've owned...

But it is a toy as I don't need it for work or anything....technically for the riding I do, I could get away with an EV bike..

You are doing very well with your bike then....and I imagine many others are doing the same...

Mine seems thirsty....much more thirsty then most of the other bikes I've owned...

But it is a toy as I don't need it for work or anything....technically for the riding I do, I could get away with an EV bike..
If you are burning a lot of gas at low power usage, your toy will get choked at some point and my stock bike will run away from you at 3/4 throttle.

If you are burning a lot of gas at low power usage, your toy will get choked at some point and my stock bike will run away from you at 3/4 throttle.
It has days where it gets a good shot of gas running down it's throat....but not often and my plugs are a perfect color.

The bike was flashed and dyno tuned thankfully.

I don't know where you are. And for what's it's worth I thoroughly enjoyed driving a Model S and felt the opposite in a Model X

I was just in 4 traffic jams this last week. Those are made for EVs. No pollution just to sit and have your A/C going. Doesn't use much battery to do that.

However I passed two charging stations and there was a line waiting at both.

My sister uses charging stations spread around like shopping centers etc. She mostly uses her 110 charge at the house. It takes days to charge. But she doesn't go anywhere far from home, or often. I'm sure for some folks it's a great thing. She couldn't afford/justify the thou$$$ands it cost to go 220.

But we aren't making fossil fuel use go away by having them. And we are creating a new set of problems. Both environmentally and infrastructure wise.

Personally as I stated here, I think hydrogen is a better solution. But Elon being the pioneer he is, has made EVs a certainty. He is who leads the way. Now we play catch up.
the included charger has a 220 adapter to run it off the NEMA 220 plug that many homes already use. the wall plug itself is about $10 home depot. the plug with an outdoor box with plug is the same used for an RV. those are about $40. its not pricey to have an electrician come add a plug to a garage or put an rv plug outside a house.
toyota has a good compromise currently. plug in hybrid plus solar charging. so you can run your car off gasoline, electricity, plus add free juice from the sun.

I wonder if the person that did that was the same ones deflating Hummer tires back in the day LOL.

If that was my car I would have wrote Yes I'm Am !
Folk aren’t game to park across 2 spaces to try and protect from door “dings” around here. Someone‘d drag it off to the edge of town. I park further away and walk. Double bay parkers are seen as fair game to the local rednecks.

Folk aren’t game to park across 2 spaces to try and protect from door “dings” around here. Someone‘d drag it off to the edge of town. I park further away and walk. Double bay parkers are seen as fair game to the local rednecks.
I find in many places the parking spots are soooooo small it's ridiculous......

There are all kinds of pictures out there of cars being surrounded by shopping carts zap strapped together for parking in multiple parking spots...

See how close that Honda is to the white line there's no way in heck two cars can park in that spot. I'd park my dually truck there to really tick them off LOL ! Heck that not even big enough for our Bikes.

I find in many places the parking spots are soooooo small it's ridiculous......

There are all kinds of pictures out there of cars being surrounded by shopping carts zap strapped together for parking in multiple parking spots...
I'd just jump over the carts and drive away taking all those carts with me LOL.

Back