EV vehicles

This plays out like a script from a movie where the "bad guy" runs roughshod over everyone else for their own good.....the same thing happens here through land appropriations.

Somewhere in Paris there is a field of EV city vehicles that need to be recycled yet nobody will recycle or touch them...
That was a Facebook post, which was eventually flagged as false.
It was a failed car sharing service, where the vehicles would be borrowed as a fee. The company had a contract with authorities in and around Paris and then went bust. Just over 1,000 vehicles are being stored around 130 miles South of Paris. Approximately 4,000 were sold, leaving the remaining 1,000. It is not a junkyard, they are being sold for use, parts and recycling.

Now now. You can't let facts like that get in the way of things. You might upset some carbon neutral folks.
LOL.

Think I should sell the Busa and ride just the Colnago, so I can get more neutral?
Or maybe move to NYC , where parking costs more than the car, so no car needed.
Or maybe a lot of cities in Europe, where 65-70% of folks don't own cars?

Bikes.jpg

LOL.

Think I should sell the Busa and ride just the Colnago, so I can get more neutral?
Or maybe move to NYC , where parking costs more than the car, so no car needed.
Or maybe a lot of cities in Europe, where 65-70% of folks don't own cars?

View attachment 1668008

Won't much matter. As you pointed out cars are a luxury for most Europeans. I'll accept your data that 65-70% don't own cars. I lived there. That seems about right. They currently produce 17% of the worlds CO2 emissions. Germany being the largest contributor. Thats more than the U.S. who probably has 2 cars per household on average. So lets try taking away power generation or heating, or cement or paper. That should help Europe be better.

This plays out like a script from a movie where the "bad guy" runs roughshod over everyone else for their own good.....the same thing happens here through land appropriations.

Audit of the biggest Lithium miner on the globe, headquarters right here in my pretty state of NC.

• Albemarle shares 3.5% of revenues from its Chilean operations with local indigenous communities through an agreement with the Council of Atacameño Peoples, signed in 2016.

Reminds me of DTY to Saudi Arabia back in the day when it was 126 degrees during the Day and my room was 100 degrees at Night.
It was Ground Hog day everyday and I do miss the Camel Spiders lol.
When I look back on it, most of the countries I was in were hot, predominately Muslim and had all kinds of nasties crawling or slithering around....I don't miss them at all...

I had a camel spider that took up residence near us......he didn't eat much so was a good pet....we would catch bugs and small lizards for him...

I watched a documentary on this sort of tech and although in principle it seems good, scientists were saying it would reflect a lot of heat and UV back into the atmosphere and in large scale use could cause more atmospheric heat...

There was talk a while back to put large solar fields in deserts but that was rejected due what the scientists discovered with heat and UV being reflected...

I watched a documentary on this sort of tech and although in principle it seems good, scientists were saying it would reflect a lot of heat and UV back into the atmosphere and in large scale use could cause more atmospheric heat...

There was talk a while back to put large solar fields in deserts but that was rejected due what the scientists discovered with heat and UV being reflected...
Or we produce CO2 emissions to convert that heat. Which in turn heats the atmosphere. Quite the dilemma.

As to the solar farms. Another problem faced is keeping the PV glass clean. Simple airborne particles precipitate onto the surface. Doesn't take very much and your efficiency drops by large percentages like 30% quite readily even with minor layers.

Now you have to methodically clean hundreds of acres at a time. With regularity. Yeah what could go wrong?

Can't wait until it comes in a can of Paint.
We've been rolling it on for years already. Started out for motorhome and pull behind camper roofs. Basically a white rubber like sealant. It was meant for seams. But quickly became an instant roof.

They now use it on Mobile homes.

I can't imagine it would take much to make it sprayable and easily transportable. And stick to anything!

I hate to burst your bubble, but most new construction nowadays are way ahead of roof colors. OSB with a radiant barrier is used almost everywhere. Then there is insulation. Sure, if you live in a 100 year old house, go ahead and paint your roof white.

This reminds me of the guys using Elon Musk's photo to sell a device which plugs into your outlet and saves 1/2 your electrical bill.

I'm always amazed at how people get away with this kind of BS.

Three words here:

Snake Oil Coolaid.

We talk about the power grid and it's ability to cope with the load of EVs being added..

We had a thunderstorm here and the power went out in the first few minutes and will be out for hours.....

It takes very little to knock out the power.....

We talk about the power grid and it's ability to cope with the load of EVs being added..

We had a thunderstorm here and the power went out in the first few minutes and will be out for hours.....

It takes very little to knock out the power.....
I have forgotten how Canada is wired. Do you have pole transformers and cables running overhead for the lower Voltage residential distribution areas?

That is what they do over here and we get knocked out with storms as well. They normally have us back with power pretty fast though. I have a standby generator and use it maybe 3 times a year.

In some countries, for low voltage distribution all the cables are routed through pipes underground, there are no unsightly cables running overhead and it is very unlikely that storms or car accidents would cause power interruptions.

Back