EV vehicles

I have forgotten how Canada is wired. Do you have pole transformers and cables running overhead for the lower Voltage residential distribution areas?

That is what they do over here and we get knocked out with storms as well. They normally have us back with power pretty fast though. I have a standby generator and use it maybe 3 times a year.

In some countries, for low voltage distribution all the cables are routed through pipes underground, there are no unsightly cables running overhead and it is very unlikely that storms or car accidents would cause power interruptions.
Strangely enough my neighborhood has all underground wiring but the wires that feed us are all above ground with transformers..

Sometimes they get us up and running quickly but the last few power outages were a few hours....(8 and 22 hrs respectively).

I have a 14k (start up) Generac stand alone generator with a plug on the meter so I can get power going pretty quickly...

EV are here to stay, no doubt about it. But a ford F150 on a 120v outlet takes more than 2days to charge. If you drive from Denver to Portland Or. on gas is about 20 hrs , an EV is double that if you can find charging stations. Batteries are going to be a problem as they ware out. At home charging will need electricity up grade cost from 3000 to 17000 depending on your home and if it’s above or below ground. Lots of other factors also, but their here to stay.

EV are here to stay, no doubt about it. But a ford F150 on a 120v outlet takes more than 2days to charge. If you drive from Denver to Portland Or. on gas is about 20 hrs , an EV is double that if you can find charging stations. Batteries are going to be a problem as they ware out. At home charging will need electricity up grade cost from 3000 to 17000 depending on your home and if it’s above or below ground. Lots of other factors also, but their here to stay.
I think it will be a long time before they are the dominate source of transportation though....

I also think when they become the dominate source, personal transportation as we know it will dramatically change. I think the used vehicle market will disappear as nobody will want to buy a used EV and face the huge bill to replace the battery pack. As they stand now, dealerships are having a very difficult time selling used EV....they treat them like any other vehicle for a trade in then get stuck with them...almost every one the local Ram dealer took in went to auction because they couldn't sell them.

I can also see the government stepping into personal transportation as well, not sure what that will look like but I have read about communities in Europe which have electronic speed governed subdivisions-will EV make this easier? Not certain as ICE vehicles are pretty electronically complicated as well.....

I don't know about here to stay. Take the govt subsidies away and see what happens.

Total sales of EVs are what less than 3% of the total sales numbers?

Rolls Royces will never go away either. But they both occupy a fringe.

The Model S was a pretty decent experience when I had the chance. Very very fast. And quality was decent.

According to this data, the damage has already been done to the point of no return......that is if we are to not believe this is a natural warming cycle that the earth undertakes.

In my opinion, if we stopped all fossil fuel use immediately which includes everything that burns fossil fuels, it would still be too late to reverse this warming trend.

The manufacturing, shipping, charging and recycling of EV will not save the planet.

According to this data, the damage has already been done to the point of no return......that is if we are to not believe this is a natural warming cycle that the earth undertakes.

In my opinion, if we stopped all fossil fuel use immediately which includes everything that burns fossil fuels, it would still be too late to reverse this warming trend.

The manufacturing, shipping, charging and recycling of EV will not save the planet.
Those darn volcanoes. We gotta step in and keep them from emitting all these greenhouse gases.

• The sixteen largest ships emit the same amount of CO2 as all the world’s cars.
  • The world’s seventeen largest ships emit more sulphur than the global car fleet.
  • A seagoing container vessel is just as polluting as up to 50 million cars.
  • Plans are in work to build another 30 ships in a few years.
  • 5,500 container ships are in use today.
  • You make the call ? Will Going EV make a differance and what will produce the electricity needed.

Bee, eat your heart out.:p

Sorry you guys do not get a slice of the pie up North, as it makes up part of our GDP, as Tesla Europe is 100% owned by Tesla Inc.
And this contribution to our economy was initiated by a full blooded pedigree African American.

Lol. Seriously? Made in Europe. With European workers. Using European infrastructure. European resources. Paying European taxes. Does it have any part of it that came from America? Do you even know what GDP is?

Tesla registrations accounted for 2.4 percent of the total car market in the EU in February 2023. Newsflash. This means 97.6% of the rest, aren't. Hardly a sweeping majority. Perhaps in that 2.4% they are the majority of EV sales.

Full blooded African American. Tell us more. I'm unaware to whom you reference.

• The sixteen largest ships emit the same amount of CO2 as all the world’s cars.
  • The world’s seventeen largest ships emit more sulphur than the global car fleet.
  • You make the call ? Will Going EV make a differance and what will produce the electricity needed.
And let's not forget Tesla was shipping cars from China to Germany because he couldn't produce cars in Germany for the first portion of his efforts there. It will take years to make up for that contribution to greenhouse gases he is responsible for.

My son sent me a marine fleet tracker and it is amazing how many ships are flying the waters out there......tens of thousands of ships are sailing.....I just wonder what the carbon foot print is for all these ships...

I watched a documentary on a cruise ship and they were fueling it with 150 million gallons of fuel for it's 10 day trip and mentioned it will need refueling before it returns.....and that's one trip of several it makes...

And the flight tracker is just as busy......tens of thousands of fuel guzzling aircraft are plying the skies each and every day....

I also read somewhere that car and truck tires might be worse for the environment than their emissions...

A local driving academy uses a Tesla for driver training and he will sometimes stop to talk if he sees me outside.....

I noted he was in a Mazda car yesterday and it had his logo on it, I asked if he was adding to his fleet and he said he replaced his Tesla because it was giving him a lot of trouble....he said there have been a lot of electrical gremlins.

There are no used Teslas on any car lot because the dealers send them directly to auction because nobody was buying them used...

Kind of makes one wonder about where the used market will go when EV become the dominate market....if a dealership is to take one in on trade and say need to replace a battery, is it worth doing?

Lol. Seriously? Made in Europe. With European workers. Using European infrastructure. European resources. Paying European taxes. Does it have any part of it that came from America? Do you even know what GDP is?

Tesla registrations accounted for 2.4 percent of the total car market in the EU in February 2023. Newsflash. This means 97.6% of the rest, aren't. Hardly a sweeping majority. Perhaps in that 2.4% they are the majority of EV sales.

Full blooded African American. Tell us more. I'm unaware to whom you reference.
Yep, seriously. Here is a bit of economics 101 for you.

The USA has a double foreign corporate taxation system, based on 21%, for Texas where there is no state tax.

Germany at 15.8%

So if Tesla makes $100 profit at Berlin Giga, they pay $15.80 to Germany and $5.20 to the US in corporate taxes.

And about the GDP, as well as global economics and what I know, suggests you are not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

And I am referring to Elon Musk

And further, if you did not know this, corporate profits are a part of our GDP, no matter where the money comes from as it includes SERVICES.

Last edited:
Reactions: pcs
A local driving academy uses a Tesla for driver training and he will sometimes stop to talk if he sees me outside.....

I noted he was in a Mazda car yesterday and it had his logo on it, I asked if he was adding to his fleet and he said he replaced his Tesla because it was giving him a lot of trouble....he said there have been a lot of electrical gremlins.

There are no used Teslas on any car lot because the dealers send them directly to auction because nobody was buying them used...

Kind of makes one wonder about where the used market will go when EV become the dominate market....if a dealership is to take one in on trade and say need to replace a battery, is it worth doing?
EVs will never become the dominant market. It’s all a ruse to make the people pushing it rich. None of the leftists pushing this crap have ever been seen in an EV. Why is that? It’s because they don’t even believe what they are trying to force everyone else to do.

Back