My Beloved O-Ren Has An Issue...

A compression check would be a good idea too
wink.gif

(BA BUSA @ Jun. 01 2007,12:40) Why would anybody want to run a hotter plug in a high revving, high performance engine  
crazy.gif
If you check NGK's website, they only list the 9E's.

I really think you should check your FUEL PRESSURE...too little or TOO MUCH will
cause some serious problems.
I sorta already explained that..and?..depsite being (1) heat range hotter than standard?..The manual still lists them as "An Acceptable Alternative"...an alternative that's been spark'in my busa for years now...and?...

WHAT CAME AS STOCK OEM PLUGS

so why all the panick?
rock.gif

If it was ever "Lean" with white smoke or ever suffered any "Over-Heating" conditions i might be concerned...but it hasn't and i'm not.

But i still do appreciate your concern...thanks.
biggrin.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

(BA BUSA @ Jun. 01 2007,15:50)
(JINKSTER @ Jun. 01 2007,18:42)
(GIXERHP @ Jun. 01 2007,14:03) Do you know what the fuel pressure is yet?
nope...
It does effect the A/F mixture  
crazy.gif
the pump might be working ok till it warms up.
nope....that ain't it either...how do i know?...i've started her up with the tank proped up and fast idled her @1500-2000rpms for about 10 minutes...in 3 minutes at normal 1200rpms?..the stumbling starts and that's when i applied fast idle to up the revs and keep her running/idling..then by 5 minutes time?...the engines fully warmed and the elec. fan starts kicking on and off...10 minutes later?...the gold FP assy cannister on the underside of the tank was still..

"Cool To The Touch"...as in sub ambient temp.

so?..imho?..i would assume it's not a "FP Heating Up" sorta problem.

But thanks again and L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

Whatever Bill...wouldn't it be cheaper to just take it to someone who knows how to work on FI bikes
rock.gif

Jinks the green plug that goes to the map sensor, on the back of the airbox, are you sure it not mixed up with the other green plug on the back of the cylinder head?

I'm offering my bike to Bill for parts swapping to diagnose his problem. I'm only about 5 minutes from him and If he calls me this afternoon, I'll just take my bike to him and start the elimination process.
At least we can swap out his tank for mine to see if it's a fuel pump issue.

I wont throw any more gas on this fire cause it sounds like you are already headed down the right path with a fuel pressure check.

If you are having any concerns about the valve train I would suggest a leakdown test. I use the poor mans version which is just an air fitting that screws into the spark plug hole and attach an Air compressor. Just be sure you have it at TDC or she'll be spinning. You can find all kinds of little mechanical problems at an instant with this method. Cheap too.

Good Luck Bill! Get her fixed man!
beerchug.gif

P.S. What the heck is Seafoam?

Seafoam is a decarbonizer that you run through a running engine to loosen carbon deposits and clean injectors. General Motors makes an excellent product called Top Engine Cleaner that does the same thing. It's a little tougher to use on fuel enjected engines, since you can't just pour it through the carburetor, so applying it through the gas tank is the best way. I like to use it full strength at the end and kill the engine. letting it soak a while before starting it back up. Be ready for a huge cloud of black smoke at that point.

(BA BUSA @ Jun. 01 2007,16:17) Whatever Bill...wouldn't it be cheaper to just take it to someone who knows how to work on FI bikes
rock.gif
1. "taking it" to someone else is NOT..."cheaper"...besides...

2. This has become "personal"!
laugh.gif

and?..

3. Take heart cause...The level of anxioty and fraustration you felt to post/edit such a response?..is but a fraction of what i've been feeling w/ no busa to ride the past few weeks.
laugh.gif

life always sux when your busa is sick.
sad.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

laugh.gif

(JINKSTER @ Jun. 02 2007,11:12)
(BA BUSA @ Jun. 01 2007,16:17) Whatever Bill...wouldn't it be cheaper to just take it to someone who knows how to work on FI bikes
rock.gif

laugh.gif

and?..

3. Take heart cause...The level of anxioty and fraustration you felt to post/edit such a response?..is but a fraction of what i've been feeling w/ no busa to ride the past few weeks.
laugh.gif

sad.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif
Time is money...just thought your sanity was worth something.

And the "edit" was to add a word.

Some of us do use spell check and read the post to make sure it posted correctly.    
poke.gif

laugh.gif

(BA BUSA @ Jun. 02 2007,08:27)
(JINKSTER @ Jun. 02 2007,11:12)
rock.gif

laugh.gif

and?..

laugh.gif

sad.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif
Time is money...just thought your sanity was worth something.

And the "edit" was to add a word.

Some of us do use spell check and read the post to make sure it posted correctly.    
poke.gif
so..you reviewed it...spell checked it...and then stillll hadta edit it to add a word?
rock.gif

...in a one liner at that?

excuse me but...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

you've just been...

bluegrab.gif

Love Bill.
cool.gif

laugh.gif

rock.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

cool.gif

UPDATE:

1. First off?...HUGE KUDOS to h.org member Dakkine for taking time out of his weekend to run over with his stock fuel pump equipped tank, ECU and Vacuum Sensor and?...

2. The Results are in...and after swapping out all three one-by-one?...no dice...which to me is good news as it's not my expensive fuel pump or ECU...however..

3. How ironic...here i was with all my valves technically in spec with one borderline tight and just so i could play big kahuna superwrench?..i went ahead and yanked my exhaust cam to..

a. snuff up that one borderline tight exhaust valve and?..

b. take pix and write up pictorial how-to instructions for my fellow h.org members to benefit from.

Try'in ta play big man and blew it..as now?...i'm certain that for a 2nd freaking time?...i blew it somehow...sumpt'ins awry in the cam chain/sprocket clocking..for the 2nd time...my old 1/2 blind sugar eyes maybe?..or?..just the beginings of long term senility?..i dunno...but one things for 99.999% certain...it couldn't be anything else...so tonight?..i rest and take the family out to dinner to celebrate it NOT being an ultra expensive FP or ECU...and tomorrow being my only day off this week?...I'll wake up bright and early with a good nights rest and dive under the valve cover for one more shot at getting it right.

The biotch of this is...i did by accident "Paralex" looking at the arrow on the intake cam and hadta go back in and correct it by using my daughters compact mirror slid down between the frame spar and engine to line the arrow up properly the first time around correcting my err...but the clincher is this...the arrow on my exhaust cam sprocket was never in pristine alignment from jump street...should've been level with the top of the engine head surface...and it simply won't go there...leastways..not "Perfectly"...not with everything else aligned..an it was either a 1/2 tooth above or 1/2 tooth below..like so...

CAM6.jpg

so?..it was "Make A Choice Time"...my best guess?...Bad Choice.
laugh.gif

and at this point?...that's my best shot at figuring out whazzup..i'll know for cure by no later than tomorrow noon...thanks again for all ya'lls help (especially Dakkine) and?..

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

(dadofthree @ Jun. 02 2007,11:39) It's been a week dude. Take it in, bite the bullet  
poke.gif
only a fresca drinking panzy would give up at this point!

and that just AIN"T me!
laugh.gif

Man I haven't had a Fresca in years!
jump9.gif

Reminds of the scene in Patton when the reporter asks him if his revolvers are pearl handled? Patton Replied " Only a pimp from a New Orleans whorehouse would carry pearl handled revolver son, these are Ivory!
laugh.gif

Good luck with the cam fix!

Back